Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pixel85 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:47 am
Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:39 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:04 pm
pixel85 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:37 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:42 pm
telecode wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:33 pm The legacy NI product sales channels are fauked. These people all come from Internet e-commerce companies (Airbnb, Google, Saleforce...) they know nothing or care about music makers. Its gonna be all sales action targeted at social media hobbyists by social media ambasadors.
Or it could be that they know a lot more about running successful businesses than musicians, so they will give things the impetus they need based upon demand and profitability. If musicians want the products then it makes sense to develop and update them, but it could be beneficial if those making the decisions don't have any potential conflict of interest if they are musicians themselves and have their own biases.
This. Musicians know sh** about business. How many of them manage big careers without manager or someone outside (or inside) band who is a manager/businessman? Only few. Business require skills and education (knowledge) that musicians not necessary have.
you realize you probably run the chance of offending a lot people here on KvR who happen to be musicians, family people, and very successful business people :dog:
It wasn't quite the point I was making either - musicians would of course be great employees for NI, but it would be beneficial to get guidance from others with a strong business background. My point about musicians is that they might be more likely to have 'pet' projects and push them, but if the company needs to focus more on profits then an objective view of the market would be useful.
My point was that to run a company like NI (which is not a wee family business) it's better to have someone skilled in running a business in first place and then (eventually) being a musician at a second place. Not the other way around.
Yeah. I don't think I agree. I think it's more important having someone experienced in running businesses that are on the music industry. If they had hired a bunch of peeps from Yamaha or Roland or Fender.. I would be , okay, let's see where this goes. But hiring someone with a background in travel e commerce industry or ad sales is iffy. But what do I know. I am just another shmo on the internet.

BTW... You are incorrt about musicians knowing nothing about business. Successful musicians that have lasted a long time and had long careers in music industry are very smart and crafty entrepreneur types. Beck, Trent Reznor et la... Much brighter than MBA shmos jumping around with buzz words and far fetched business ideas. The Google AirBNB MBA shmos will just jump somewhere else when it fails... The musicans have nowhere.to jump ship to.. the business and industry is them. It's their livelyhood.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Hink wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:02 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:58 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:55 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:49 pm musicians are useless at cooking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sm9n-6hy6M

:roll:

:hihi:
well how do you explain why i keep burning my dinner? :?
because you're suppose to eat my brownies, not smoke them
brownies are not dinner.
try some veggies n stuff :tu:

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:15 pm

brownies are not dinner.
how about fresh lobstah rolls drenched with my cannabutter...or mac and cheese made with my butter (really I dont know if I want to try this recipe because it would a very high dosage...like 6 or 7 brownies, rolls would be about 1 1/2 to 2 brownies)..if the recipe calls for butter I can make it Nuclear :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

telecode wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:12 pm BTW... You are incorrt about musicians knowing nothing about business. Successful musicians that have lasted a long time and had long careers in music industry are very smart and crafty entrepreneur types. Beck, Trent Reznor et la... Much brighter than MBA shmos jumping around with buzz words and far fetched business ideas. The Google AirBNB MBA shmos will just jump somewhere else when it fails... The musicans have nowhere.to jump ship to.. the business and industry is them. It's their livelyhood.
You're making a lot of assumptions about people with MBAs, or non-musical backgrounds too. Many of them do jump around between different industries and are very successful - why would music be any different?

People who have run businesses often have to adapt to other areas very quickly, and that's what makes them valuable. It's not just music either - take a look at the history of NASA - with some exceptions, many of those that built the American space program came from totally unrelated areas, but that didn't stop them from building a hugely complex and successful organization at a phenomenal rate.

There was discussion somewhere on the forum a couple of weeks ago where someone said that the company they previously worked for would have gone under if they weren't there. That's the classic mistake that people make (there's a shit-ton of Human Resources writing around this very subject showing how individuals over-value their contributions and convince themselves of their invulnerability to being laid off), and companies generally succeed or fail based on markets or how well they are internally structured rather than whether they still have person X or person Y working for them.

No one here has a crystal ball to predict the future for NI, and I don't think the background of individual employees will decide if they succeed or fail - it's more likely to be a factor of the adaptability of those individuals (if they come from outside of the music industry).
Last edited by Forgotten on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hink wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:22 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:15 pm

brownies are not dinner.
how about fresh lobstah rolls drenched with my cannabutter...or mac and cheese made with my butter (really I dont know if I want to try this recipe because it would a very high dosage...like 6 or 7 brownies, rolls would be about 1 1/2 to 2 brownies)..if the recipe calls for butter I can make it Nuclear :hihi:
mac n cheese maybe, but ive told you before, i do not eat animals from my imaginary menagerie.

Forgotten wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:24 pm
telecode wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:12 pm BTW... You are incorrt about musicians knowing nothing about business. Successful musicians that have lasted a long time and had long careers in music industry are very smart and crafty entrepreneur types. Beck, Trent Reznor et la... Much brighter than MBA shmos jumping around with buzz words and far fetched business ideas. The Google AirBNB MBA shmos will just jump somewhere else when it fails... The musicans have nowhere.to jump ship to.. the business and industry is them. It's their livelyhood.
You're making a lot of assumptions about people with MBAs, or non-musical backgrounds too. Many of them do jump around between different industries and are very successful - why would music be any different?

People who have run businesses often have to adapt to other areas very quickly, and that's what makes them valuable. It's not just music either - take a look at the history of NASA - with some exceptions, many of those that built the American space program came from totally unrelated areas, but that didn't stop them from building a hugely complex and successful organization at a phenomenal rate.

There was discussion somewhere on the forum a couple of weeks ago where someone said that the company they previously worked for would have gone under if they weren't there. That's the classic mistake that people make (there's a shit-ton of Human Resources writing around this very subject showing how individuals over-value their contributions and convince themselves of their invulnerability to being laid off), and companies generally success or fail based on markets rather than whether they still have person X or person Y working for them.

No one here has a crystal ball to predict the future for NI, and I don't think the background of individual employees will decide if they succeed or fail - it's more likely to be a factor of the adaptability of those individuals (if they come from outside of the music industry).
i have, but like dr strange, if i tell you what's going to happen, it wont happen.
stupid rules of magick sorry. not my fault.

Hink eats Brownies? :o

Hink wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:18 pm
v1o wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:04 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:04 pm
pixel85 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:37 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:42 pm
telecode wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:33 pm The legacy NI product sales channels are fauked. These people all come from Internet e-commerce companies (Airbnb, Google, Saleforce...) they know nothing or care about music makers. Its gonna be all sales action targeted at social media hobbyists by social media ambasadors.
Or it could be that they know a lot more about running successful businesses than musicians, so they will give things the impetus they need based upon demand and profitability. If musicians want the products then it makes sense to develop and update them, but it could be beneficial if those making the decisions don't have any potential conflict of interest if they are musicians themselves and have their own biases.
This. Musicians know sh** about business. How many of them manage big careers without manager or someone outside (or inside) band who is a manager/businessman? Only few. Business require skills and education (knowledge) that musicians not necessary have.
you realize you probably run the chance of offending a lot people here on KvR who happen to be musicians, family people, and very successful business people :dog:
There's a difference between running a successful market stall or eBay shop. And managing a multi million dollar business.
yes there is, so you are saying a musician cant do that? All I ask is proof that there is anything about being a musician that would preclude a musician from managing a multi million dollar business.

Your comment only addresses the comment pixel made about NI...does not address the othe two statements suggesting musicians are incapable.

Prove it with facts, not flapping gums...I want...no I need to see such verification before I agree that such an absurd statement has any merit :lol:
A musician can do anything it's not impossible. But speaking in general terms, as far as I'm aware they're not many musicians running large corporations. To be successful in either business or music you need to dedicate your life fully to one pursuit. There is plenty of statistical research published into the typical backgrounds of business executives. These people usually have similar backgrounds, are 100% dedicated to what they do and attended the same good Universities etc etc.
Last edited by v1o on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

no hink eats nuclear brownies™

back to NI...I found this to back up the statements about musicians being bad with business reading about the history of NI.
My memory was this amazing moment Bernd called me: “Look, Daniel. We’re three engineers and musicians. We have no clue how to turn this into a company. And we’re right now in negotiations with this company from Hamburg, and we’re just overwhelmed. I know you’re a good business guy, an entrepreneur. You have a passion for the results for what we create here. Don’t you want to consider joining us?”
https://www.google.com/search?newwindow ... WkQ4dUDCAo

but to assume that means all musicians are bad at business, is to assume all engineers are too
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:32 pm Hink eats Brownies? :o

the archala or however it's spelled, in the middle, looks like shes listening to the "mad world" cover from donnie darko from the look in her eyes :lol:

Hink wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:38 pm no hink eats nuclear brownies™

back to NI...I found this to back up the statements about musicians being bad with business reading about the history of NI.
My memory was this amazing moment Bernd called me: “Look, Daniel. We’re three engineers and musicians. We have no clue how to turn this into a company. And we’re right now in negotiations with this company from Hamburg, and we’re just overwhelmed. I know you’re a good business guy, an entrepreneur. You have a passion for the results for what we create here. Don’t you want to consider joining us?”
https://www.google.com/search?newwindow ... WkQ4dUDCAo

but to assume that means all musicians are bad at business, is to assume all engineers are too
The Propellerhead's founders have said similar statements in the past. That they were really engineers and musicians not business men. This can explain many of the major stumbles they made in the past. Can anyone remember Propellerheads Record? And they still make Recycle but no one actually uses it because it's quite overpriced for what it does.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:40 pm

the archala or however it's spelled, in the middle, looks like shes listening to the "mad world" cover from donnie darko from the look in her eyes :lol:
I'm wondering if brownies ate mushrooms

Hink wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:47 pm

I'm wondering if brownies ate mushrooms
i know at least one cub who did.

The one on her left looks like Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys

Forgotten wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:49 pm

The one on her left looks like Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys
the other one is clearly jacob rees moggs sister :lol:

Return to “Instruments”