Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
escalona
KVRian
525 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:14 pm

dzilizzi wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:05 pm
escalona wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:51 pm
dzilizzi wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:16 pm
Harry_HH wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:33 am
PA Brainworx SSL Console 4000E just $ 30,99 (with VAT), or even lower, depending on our voucher and taxes.
Sounds pretty good, I´ve got both IK and Waves SSL Consoloes, all are very different, in my opinion.
Haven't used my voucher this month. Not that I need this. but maybe this is what I should get?
If you don't need this, you shouldn't get this.
I don't need half of what I buy. I haven't bought anything at PA in about 3 months. As long as I don't go into debt, I don't mid supporting some of these guys.
I'm on the same boat, I don't need half (or probably more) of what I buy, but then... about supporting PA, this is what you're supporting.
Image

dzilizzi
KVRian
1161 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:57 pm

escalona wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:14 pm
dzilizzi wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:05 pm
escalona wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:51 pm
dzilizzi wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:16 pm
Harry_HH wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:33 am
PA Brainworx SSL Console 4000E just $ 30,99 (with VAT), or even lower, depending on our voucher and taxes.
Sounds pretty good, I´ve got both IK and Waves SSL Consoloes, all are very different, in my opinion.
Haven't used my voucher this month. Not that I need this. but maybe this is what I should get?
If you don't need this, you shouldn't get this.
I don't need half of what I buy. I haven't bought anything at PA in about 3 months. As long as I don't go into debt, I don't mid supporting some of these guys.
I'm on the same boat, I don't need half (or probably more) of what I buy, but then... about supporting PA, this is what you're supporting.
Image
Well, their prices compared to UA are so much better. And someday, I might actually use one of these $4 to 25 plugins that are $200 at UA. But that's me.

escalona
KVRian
525 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:58 pm

dzilizzi wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:57 pm
Well, their prices compared to UA are so much better. And someday, I might actually use one of these $4 to 25 plugins that are $200 at UA. But that's me.
True that! :wink:

Debutante
KVRAF
3071 posts since 16 Jan, 2005 from Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18 am

ChamomileShark wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:08 pm
IRCAM labs stuff is on sale (see the no chat thread).

Is TS any good if you already have things like Paulstretch and Melodyne for creating textures / soundscapes by stretching stuff or does it add lots of artifacts? (I see it was released in 2014)
Arethere any sellers doing this bargain???? That plugivery white doesn't like my credit card.!

dzilizzi
KVRian
1161 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:08 am

Debutante wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18 am
ChamomileShark wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:08 pm
IRCAM labs stuff is on sale (see the no chat thread).

Is TS any good if you already have things like Paulstretch and Melodyne for creating textures / soundscapes by stretching stuff or does it add lots of artifacts? (I see it was released in 2014)
Arethere any sellers doing this bargain???? That plugivery white doesn't like my credit card.!
I haven't found it elsewhere and I looked at a few locations. Is it worth getting? I've heard mixed things about it. The price is good though.

User avatar
ChamomileShark
KVRAF
1619 posts since 12 May, 2004 from Oxford, UK

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:00 am

I found a few demos online and concluded it wasn't for me. I felt that the artifacts when stretching didn't appeal.

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
4538 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:05 am

Still quite like that Plug&Mix VIP deal at $49. One of my most inspiring purchases.

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
4538 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:06 am

Audio Plugin Deals wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:25 pm
For just $39.99 (instead of $219.90), get the Vintage Piano Bundle from REALSAMPLES featuring 2 unique sounding pianos: Pianoforte and English Spinet II
Love that series, quite unique. Already have three of them. Exquisite.

User avatar
masterhiggins
KVRAF
2126 posts since 31 Dec, 2004 from People's Republic of Minnesota

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:19 am

dzilizzi wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:57 pm
escalona wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:14 pm
dzilizzi wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:05 pm
escalona wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:51 pm
dzilizzi wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:16 pm
Harry_HH wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:33 am
PA Brainworx SSL Console 4000E just $ 30,99 (with VAT), or even lower, depending on our voucher and taxes.
Sounds pretty good, I´ve got both IK and Waves SSL Consoloes, all are very different, in my opinion.
Haven't used my voucher this month. Not that I need this. but maybe this is what I should get?
If you don't need this, you shouldn't get this.
I don't need half of what I buy. I haven't bought anything at PA in about 3 months. As long as I don't go into debt, I don't mid supporting some of these guys.
I'm on the same boat, I don't need half (or probably more) of what I buy, but then... about supporting PA, this is what you're supporting.
Image
Well, their prices compared to UA are so much better. And someday, I might actually use one of these $4 to 25 plugins that are $200 at UA. But that's me.
He went to a racing show? What a piece of shit!

psynical
KVRist
94 posts since 16 Jan, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:25 am

Oh noes! A business owner and developer has an expensive hobby which doesn't involve hoarding knobs or vst! Somebody fetch my fainting couch!

What the hell is wrong with you?

User avatar
mgw38
KVRAF
1995 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:34 am

It's not even an expensive hobby. He apparently just went to a racing event.

ralfrobert
KVRist
216 posts since 24 Jul, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:38 am

I am not sure the pile of crap metal behind Imperator Dirk was paid for by plugin fanboys. Is it his car?

Is there a subscription model for racing cars?

nathanj
KVRist
372 posts since 23 Mar, 2013

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Who really cares? Honestly, if you get worked up about someone’s hobby, man, I just don’t know.

My only knowledge of the internal workings of PA is from a comment from one of the UA guys and they said something like working for PA gave them the ability to focus entirely on development as well as giving them financial security.

Look at what UA has put out since joining PA. Stellar work.

That alone is enough for me.

ralfrobert
KVRist
216 posts since 24 Jul, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:30 pm

nathanj wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:24 pm
Look at what UA has put out since joining PA. Stellar work.

That alone is enough for me.
I agree. The UA stuff is what I kept in my account and use frequently. Good stuff really.

The only thing that matters me is there are few or no updates.
Last edited by ralfrobert on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nathanj
KVRist
372 posts since 23 Mar, 2013

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:09 pm

Agreed. They need to work on a better updating system. Getting Dropbox links from forum posts isn’t the best way to get the newest updates.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”