KVRist
484 posts since 14 Aug, 2001

Re: Good News from Nomad Factory

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:07 pm

cprompt wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:04 am
scatman84 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:47 am
Hoping that this time around they'll actually make Magma usable!
Never bought it myself but I believe the problem was when the dev died and Nomad/DontCrack took over the source code, it was a mess,
Magma was unstable and/or useless for years ,.. not just in the last time ,.. or after he died

I remember people struggeling with it back then ,.. and waiting for the fixes that never came ,.. yes, there was much hope, many words, promisses, and people still waiting

I avoided it also, but was very close to get it

Should never had been on the market it seems, does they still sell it ?

New owners, yes, but guess they have a big mess to clean, and also the fact that they just did let the old official site stand for so long, without correcting certain missleading info is not very promissing,.... I had to contact them about specs on a certain product, and they was well aware the wrong info, but saw no reason to make a little correction that should take less than a few minutes.

To me there is still a long way to go, turning Nomad into a good name, it takes more than more words, and a new web-site

Another question, aside from the non-working Magma, how unique are these plugs in general ???

Seems many users end up not using them after a while, again, in general, and just an impression I get when talking with collegs who once bought some of their plugs, during the never ending give-aways.

Its 2019 ,.. most DAW's are well-equipped from start ,.. to add some it needs to be truly unique, resizeable, well-supported, working rock-solid always, and without authorisation probs.
HM

simon.a.billington
KVRAF
1724 posts since 12 Nov, 2014

Post Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:59 am

It is good news. It will be interesting seeing what happens next.

rollasoc
KVRist
496 posts since 13 Jun, 2003 from Shrewsbury, UK

Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:51 am

HM wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:07 pm
Magma was unstable and/or useless for years ,.. not just in the last time ,.. or after he died
My writing partner and I both use Magma, (cross fingers) we have not had any instability issues so far (Both using Cubase (artist and Pro)). Though there is always that thought when we add it to a project, that this might be the time it all fails!

Looking forward to a new version!
Band: http://www.hairthieves.com
Solo Instrumentals : https://sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com/
New Hairthieves EP - EP 10 out October 12th 2018 https://thehairthieves.bandcamp.com/album/ep10

Return to “Effects”