So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:03 am
telecode wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:01 am
samsam wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:21 am So my old dad is thinking about starting to use software to monitor his guitar playing, amp sms and the like.

Not sure whether to recommend him GR or AT. What would you guys suggest?
What do you mean monitor his guitar playing? Keep track of his learning?
one would assume monitoring as in monitors, as in playback...
Correct. As in which software should the old giffer get?

samsam wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:19 am
vurt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:03 am
telecode wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:01 am
samsam wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:21 am So my old dad is thinking about starting to use software to monitor his guitar playing, amp sms and the like.

Not sure whether to recommend him GR or AT. What would you guys suggest?
What do you mean monitor his guitar playing? Keep track of his learning?
one would assume monitoring as in monitors, as in playback...
Correct. As in which software should the old giffer get?
for amp sims id say at has the edge as a full package.
also, they may have some artist tones he likes?

Agreed, ta.

The evidence is crystal clear. Choosing to not see it is ya'all's problem, not mine.

The model of car I drive is dead. They don't make it anymore. No, I'm not going to stop using it but it's not developed any longer, to me that is dead.

Acid pro is the only other example I can think of of software being dead and then resurrected. Project 5 probably still works, but it's DEAD.

We can keep at this all you want. But I'm of common sense, I refuse to believe that GR is anything but dead and simply using it or it being bundled doesn't mean it's alive. (the opposite of dead for people that don't know)

BTW, S-gear is likely dead too.

And again, I'm going with 2 + 2 = 4.

You want to go otherwise, have at it. But don't expect me to believe it ;)

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:15 am We can keep at this all you want.
You are still arguing with this shit?

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:38 am
machinesworking wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:11 am Literally type in "posing a question you think you know the answer to" and guess what you get? :roll:
No, you literally dont. Seems your use of 'literal' is wanting as well.
For some godawful reason you have a dictionary that only include a single definition. Used to emphasize the truth and accuracy of a statement or description
"The party was attended by literally hundreds of people."

Yes we live in a world where when you decide that you havent had the type of question you like, you start you start with ad hominum, hypocrisy and other nonsense.
Here's my first sentence that's dragged this out into nonsense.
NI have a history of abandoning software, there's plenty of evidence that Guitar Rig is on the way out, Rig Kontrol hardware is not longer supported, no new audio drivers, no support in Controller Editor.
I think most people would see what I meant by software.
I also think that you need to get the last word in and I have better things to do with my time.

this thread is metaphorically a very poorly equine, being whipped till its eyes bleed.

vurt wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:27 pm this thread is metaphorically a very poorly equine, being whipped till its eyes bleed.
Jim Morrison lyrics?

Forgotten wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:47 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:27 pm this thread is metaphorically a very poorly equine, being whipped till its eyes bleed.
Jim Morrison lyrics?
well i am on ocassion possessed by the spirit of mr mojo risin' :)

machinesworking wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:25 am I also think that you need to get the last word in and I have better things to do with my time.
Bye then!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:56 pm
machinesworking wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:25 am I also think that you need to get the last word in and I have better things to do with my time.
Bye then!
:hihi:

Very much.

I can use this again then.

yay!
lego always improves anything!

Unless anyone has evidence that NI has plans to add new features to Guitar Rig then this thread has outlived its usefulness and we are just waiting for Darth Vader to force-choke it out of existence.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Return to “Effects”