Mercuriall "ReAxis"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ReAxis

Hmm, Midi should work fine with any DAW. Could you describe in more detail what exactly does not work for you?

As for the standalone for all our plugins - we'd love to do it. But nothing to announce yet =)

For starters how do you assign preset changing from foot switches in cubase ?
Barmaleus wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:11 pm Hmm, Midi should work fine with any DAW. Could you describe in more detail what exactly does not work for you?

As for the standalone for all our plugins - we'd love to do it. But nothing to announce yet =)

Hi!

I am wondering about this: if I run a DAW with 44.1 kHz, and I am using the oversampling options in reaxis (or in the SS11-X), then will it matter if I use a 88 kHz or 96 kHz cab IR instead of a 44.1 kHz cab IR? Or the frequencies we want to avoid using oversampling will arise only in the amp section and not in the cab section?

Cheers

topaz wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:54 am For starters how do you assign preset changing from foot switches in cubase ?
Off to bed now, will find out asap =)

lajosuti wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:12 pm Hi!

I am wondering about this: if I run a DAW with 44.1 kHz, and I am using the oversampling options in reaxis (or in the SS11-X), then will it matter if I use a 88 kHz or 96 kHz cab IR instead of a 44.1 kHz cab IR? Or the frequencies we want to avoid using oversampling will arise only in the amp section and not in the cab section?

Cheers
Hi!

It does not matter what IRs you are loading into Reaxis. It has a superb resampling engine, so everything sounds just as it should in any scenario.

topaz wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:54 am For starters how do you assign preset changing from foot switches in cubase ?
Sorry I am late with reply.
The parameter that is responsible for the preset changes is called "Preamp Program".
How EXACTLY it should be done in Cubase, I am not sure. I normally use Reaper.

But here is what I found: https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artis ... arn_t.html

Maybe there are Cubase Pros that can chime in?

It's not as simple as that, what you are referring to is host automation not midi automation.

Because ReAxis has no midi input or internal Midi automation it's not possible to externally control it from a pedal board.

That is why I asked when Midi implementation will be added.
Barmaleus wrote: Sorry I am late with reply.
The parameter that is responsible for the preset changes is called "Preamp Program".
How EXACTLY it should be done in Cubase, I am not sure. I normally use Reaper.

But here is what I found: https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artis ... arn_t.html

Maybe there are Cubase Pros that can chime in?

Hi! I have two questions:
1 is it possible to overload the poweramp with the preamp, and can I detect it?
2 where is the new product? :)

I am confused by the cabinet offerings included. The interface looks like a 2d visual that allows you to place the mic in space (side to side and distance) and lists a bunch of cabs (uberkab, marshall, and mesa). I can't tell from the site if these are physically modeled algorithms or impulses. Then it also says that Redwirez impulses are included so when you move the speaker position around on the grid are you moving Redwirez impulses or something else?

I got kind of excited on another thread that says Mercuriall the same Volterra tech as Acustica but the only reference I see to that is some reference to a free Hiwatt sampled cab and that's not particularly useful for me. It doesn't sound like the cabs in this package use that Volterra tech.

AC222 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:24 pm I am confused by the cabinet offerings included. The interface looks like a 2d visual that allows you to place the mic in space (side to side and distance) and lists a bunch of cabs (uberkab, marshall, and mesa). I can't tell from the site if these are physically modeled algorithms or impulses. Then it also says that Redwirez impulses are included so when you move the speaker position around on the grid are you moving Redwirez impulses or something else?

I got kind of excited on another thread that says Mercuriall the same Volterra tech as Acustica but the only reference I see to that is some reference to a free Hiwatt sampled cab and that's not particularly useful for me. It doesn't sound like the cabs in this package use that Volterra tech.
It uses IR, you just get to find the ir file using the 2d gui instead of browsing for files.

lajosuti wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:06 am Hi! I have two questions:
1 is it possible to overload the poweramp with the preamp, and can I detect it?
2 where is the new product? :)
Hi!

1. No idea, I'll ask. What's the purpose of this action?
2. In the works =) Nothing to announce yet, but we'll get here!

AC222 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:24 pm I am confused by the cabinet offerings included. The interface looks like a 2d visual that allows you to place the mic in space (side to side and distance) and lists a bunch of cabs (uberkab, marshall, and mesa). I can't tell from the site if these are physically modeled algorithms or impulses. Then it also says that Redwirez impulses are included so when you move the speaker position around on the grid are you moving Redwirez impulses or something else?

These are Redwirez IRs blended into a 2D cab. It does not use the Volterra tech.

If you'd like to test the experimental cab that has non-linear tech, get the free Mercuriall cab 3.0 from https://mercuriall.com/cms/details_freestuff. It has not been updated for ages, so may be buggy (or not).

Barmaleus is a boss! Thanks for the info, mate. Exactly what I was looking for.

Welcome! lajosuti was also correct =)

On a different note.
I had a chance to check out an early version of the new product and do an A/B test in real time (compare with the prototype).

Daaaamn!

For a heavily overdriven signal, how much oversampling is recommended to bring aliasing down to an inaudible level? (e.g. -96 dB)

Return to “Effects”