Careful with the uninstaller

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A quick note.

Unlike the uninstaller on every piece of corporate software, shareware, or homebrew student product I've used in the 21st century, the Tracktion T7 uninstaller has, if you don't pay attention to the folder it selects, a fun chance of wiping every program and file you use for work or leisure.

Like it just did mine.

Games? Kaput. Funeral oration? Kaput. I applaud this program succeeding where modern worms have slacked off.

It's the little things.

I haven't tried to uninstall yet. I don't think I'll bother.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

What OS are you using (including version / build)?

I've experienced some shenanigans with Tracktion / Waveform uninstalls removing more than the intended files, yet it was limited to other versions of said programs, and never removing system files.

There was a version of Windows 10 that had a bug that would result in loss of files, which is perhaps at play here? Either way, sad to hear of this debacle.

:?

BlindMonkey wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:41 pm A quick note.

Unlike the uninstaller on every piece of corporate software, shareware, or homebrew student product I've used in the 21st century, the Tracktion T7 uninstaller has, if you don't pay attention to the folder it selects, a fun chance of wiping every program and file you use for work or leisure.

Like it just did mine.

Games? Kaput. Funeral oration? Kaput. I applaud this program succeeding where modern worms have slacked off.

It's the little things.
Are you saying it defaulted to wiping the root folder on your laptop?
Or that you changed it to a root folder, from the default, and it did what you'd just told it to do?
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”