W10 - INSERT/DELETE bars in a project containing time signature and tempo changes?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm sure there must be an easy answer to this, but nothing I've tried so far has worked.

For example: I have an existing project spread over several tracks ...
I want to insert 2 bars at the beginning of the piece (effectively moving everything 2 bars forward).
I can easily move all the tracks two bars forward just selecting all and move them using the mouse.
BUT, my track contains time/tempo changes, these are all now 2 bars out, and there doesn't appear to be any way of easily moving them (other than manually one by one).

I would have expected to find an INSERT function to achieve this, also a DELETE option that would globally move tracks/time sig/tempo back together.

Any help on this will be much appreciated, as I have a lot of work to do, if I have to do it all manually.

Another way to move all the tracks is to set the Input and Output markers to cover the first two bars, select all tracks via the Tracks button, then Insert space into the selected tracks via the Insert Into Tracks option in the Properties Panel. You can use this method to insert empty bars anywhere.

Unfortunately it doesn't move the time changes either.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

This is one of my very few remaining pet peeves with Waveform. There really ought to be a more straightforward way, such as right-clicking at the cursor position and choosing an insert tracks dialog...one that shift everything over. I understand this can result in split clips, which but current methods are painfully laborious if you have a lot of tracks, tempo changes, et al.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:28 am This is one of my very few remaining pet peeves with Waveform. There really ought to be a more straightforward way, such as right-clicking at the cursor position and choosing an insert tracks dialog...one that shift everything over. I understand this can result in split clips, which but current methods are painfully laborious if you have a lot of tracks, tempo changes, et al.
If you make a time selection using shift + alt in the tempo track, then select "Insert space at marked region" from the main menu (Run script>Standard shortcuts>Editing), it will insert a space in all tracks including the tempo track.

I will have to try that. Thanks for that tip. Still not sure why there's not a one-click option. But your suggestion is loads easier than the documented method.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:56 am I will have to try that. Thanks for that tip. Still not sure why there's not a one-click option. But your suggestion is loads easier than the documented method.
It's to do with the way waveform works. Because the actions sidebar and control panel show commands for specific objects like clips and tracks when you select them, this means you can't access functions that are object independent from them. Certain functions are therefore only accessible from the scripts menu. You should always look through these commands to see whats there as there are a lot of them. You can add them as macros to the actions panel if you want or assign keyboard shortcuts to them. You can also write your own macros of course.

AGreen wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:05 am If you make a time selection using shift + alt in the tempo track, then select "Insert space at marked region" from the main menu (Run script>Standard shortcuts>Editing), it will insert a space in all tracks including the tempo track.
Thank you so much! -- Exactly what I need.

Return to “Tracktion”