SynthMaster One v1.4.4 update: Now compatible with Apple M1 + SIMD performance Improvements

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

:) so you know my issue was the 120% white . but we shall see :)
Thanks,
rsp

edit: so yep still there at 120% in the white skin.
rsp
sound sculptist

kv331 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:43 pm Guys, I apologize for these last minute issues. I just uploaded v1.3.3 on the server which fixed all the issues reported in this thread so far. Please download at https://www.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx

Here's the change log:

v1.3.3
1. FIX: In some presets, voices don't terminate.
2. FIX: Treeview control displays some items twice on MacOSX
3. FIX: Changing skins might crash SynthMaster One
4. FIX: Edited Satyatunes White 80%, 90%, 100% skins to fix text vertical alignment issues
5. FIX: Changed the modulation color for Satyatunes White skin to Orange to make it more visible.

But the great news is that 1, 2, and 3 are fixed for me.

Thanks a million.
rsp
sound sculptist

Think I found two more issues alas.
During the last Release from yesterday, whilst changing skin, SMone crashed on mac.
every time I try to start an instance in cubase now it is offering to send a crash log even though I said yes the last 15 times it has asked me :)

Also the search field.
Go to browser, type in some search value you want to look for (I typed jump) it will show you all patches that fit the criteria with jump in the name. Switch the skin.
Jump is no longer shown in the search field, but you can no longer see any patch that doesn't have jump in the name, even if you go to the search field and hit delete or change some of the column search criteria.
rsp
sound sculptist

kv331 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:43 pm Guys, I apologize for these last minute issues. I just uploaded v1.3.3 on the server which fixed all the issues reported in this thread so far. Please download at https://www.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx

Here's the change log:

v1.3.3
1. FIX: In some presets, voices don't terminate.
2. FIX: Treeview control displays some items twice on MacOSX
3. FIX: Changing skins might crash SynthMaster One
4. FIX: Edited Satyatunes White 80%, 90%, 100% skins to fix text vertical alignment issues
5. FIX: Changed the modulation color for Satyatunes White skin to Orange to make it more visible.
I'm finding inconsistent envelopes in some of the patches in this build. Changing to Luke Neptune's patch 82 PAD detuned house pad LN for example, the notes have an improper fast attack, then after playing some chords it's like it "settles in" and remembers it's supposed to be doing a slow attack.

I've encountered weird bugs like this before in other plugs, it's like each voice has to be rotated through and played to initialize it before the patch knows what to do. Definitely has to do with poly voices in combination with envelopes. Hope that helps. Mac OS Mojave, Reaper and FL Studio.

On the bright side, CPU usage is much lower and voices seem to be terminating properly.

GUI Editor doesnt open

Only showing 2 of the Brian Transeau patches. "The big 80's Polywave" & 80's "80's Pluck". I also get the error: "Missing wavetable for OSC2: Waveform : User\Bend Dramatik.
I am running VST2 x64 on Win 7 x64. Reaper (Latest) .
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

the BT patches: is this brian transeau or bigtone (aka nico herz)?

Gosh wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:23 am the BT patches: is this brian transeau or bigtone (aka nico herz)?
if it were BigTone the author would be BigTone :D

https://youtu.be/MSJbCXG4NVw
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

jethrobull wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:07 am Only showing 2 of the Brian Transeau patches. "The big 80's Polywave" & 80's "80's Pluck". I also get the error: "Missing wavetable for OSC2: Waveform : User\Bend Dramatik.
I can not reproduce either of the issues on Windows or MacOSX. I'd recommend deleting the config file ay my documents/synthmasterone/config
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:01 am
jethrobull wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:07 am Only showing 2 of the Brian Transeau patches. "The big 80's Polywave" & 80's "80's Pluck". I also get the error: "Missing wavetable for OSC2: Waveform : User\Bend Dramatik.
I can not reproduce either of the issues on Windows or MacOSX. I'd recommend deleting the config file ay my documents/synthmasterone/config
Okay. Thanks, will try that.
That didn't work unfortunately. So, uninstalled and deleted the info in my documents, reinstalled and still the same error :?
Last edited by jethrobull on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort

Ficciones wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:22 am I'm finding inconsistent envelopes in some of the patches in this build. Changing to Luke Neptune's patch 82 PAD detuned house pad LN for example, the notes have an improper fast attack, then after playing some chords it's like it "settles in" and remembers it's supposed to be doing a slow attack.
Not a bug, a feature. We introduced Voice Trigger Mode parameter in v1.3, to be able to change the behaviours of envelopes when notes are stolen:

1. Retrigger: Older behavior, envelope is reset to zero value, attack stage. We use double # of voices for a short period of time when the note is being stolen.

2. Resume: I believe this is the behavior in analog synths: The envelope value resumes its value, not reset to zero. but the stage is reset back to attack.

3. Legato: Now you can use legato in poly mode too. The envelope value and also stage resumes their values.

BTW, regarding that preset, Luke set the trigger mode to "Legato"
Works at KV331 Audio

zvenx wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:53 pm :) so you know my issue was the 120% white . but we shall see :)
My MacBook Pro displays up to 100% so I skipped higher resolutions. Sorry about that :dog: will email you edited skin.
Works at KV331 Audio

Changing skins in version 1.3.2 crashed (Cubase 10) and the plugin could not start anymore, not even after restart. The only solution was to delete the plugin and reinstall (I will not change the skin any more). But now all my saved favorite presets are gone :o - they are not marked as favorites anymore. I think, I won't update till it's better tested and don't want to test the 1.3.3 version.

Stirner wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:35 am Changing skins in version 1.3.2 crashed (Cubase 10) and the plugin could not start anymore, not even after restart. The only solution was to delete the plugin and reinstall (I will not change the skin any more). But now all my saved favorite presets are gone :o - they are not marked as favorites anymore. I think, I won't update till it's better tested and don't want to test the 1.3.3 version.
v1.3.3 fixes the issues mentioned in this thread and it IS more stable, you should upgrade. Regarding favourites, just tested and can not reproduce. BTW, I have not changed anything regarding favourites management in v1.3
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:01 am
That didn't work unfortunately. So, uninstalled and deleted the info in my documents, reinstalled and still the same error :?
myfeebleeffort

Return to “Instruments”