Coming Soon: Izotope Ozone 9

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 11 Advanced

Kinh wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:12 am
v1o wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:46 pm 600 bucks on mastering software software is nothing to a mastering engineer. They can make that back with a single job.
Not even mix engineers make 600 a track these days. You're one 0 too many
pretty sure he didn't say just one track.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:25 am pretty sure he didn't say just one track.
Yeah I would imagine that quote was for an album mastering project.

I'm wondering if any mastering engineer would master an entire album using only Ozone, nothing else.

beatmangler443 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:32 pm Wouldn't it be cheaper to wait until Black Friday. Was looking at deals last year-
https://allthingsgear.com/izotope-black ... 018-deals/
For full suites? Maybe. There were no upgrades discounted, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Almost certain Young Guru the legendary hip hop engineer behind the sound of Jay Z and Rocafella Records, mastered the entire Meek Mill album Championships on vacation with Ozone 8.
You gotta take into account tho that his vocals are already recorded in a studio with hardware so there's not much need to take it back out the daw for post.
jochicago wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:46 am
ATS wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:25 am pretty sure he didn't say just one track.
Yeah I would imagine that quote was for an album mastering project.

I'm wondering if any mastering engineer would master an entire album using only Ozone, nothing else.

Anybody got their Groove3 pass with MPS3?

So I upgraded to Ozone 8 Advanced from a very old Ozone Elements during those sales/promo in august and further upgraded to Music Production Suite 2.1 (again during the sale). I reached out to the support and it turns out, that I am eligible for MPS 3 for free, as I registered MPS 2.1 within the last 2 month. So, if you did buy and register your Ozone or anything else during this promo / sale in august make sure to hit up the support! Got a serial for MPS 3 within 2 days and iLok serials for Nimbus and R4 after asking for those two specific within hours.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Calenberger wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:19 am Anybody got their Groove3 pass with MPS3?
You have to redeem it (with the Melodyne 4 essential) here :
https://www.izotope.com/en/lp/redeem/mps/mps-3.html

(however it does not recognize my email address... :( waiting for a reply from support)

paulbreeze wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:44 am
Calenberger wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:19 am Anybody got their Groove3 pass with MPS3?
You have to redeem it (with the Melodyne 4 essential) here :
https://www.izotope.com/en/lp/redeem/mps/mps-3.html

(however it does not recognize my email address... :( waiting for a reply from support)
Thanks, works for Melodyne but not for Groove3 (no code shown)...
I‘ll contact support.

I got one of mine from emailing support for a previous version

I'm in the same boat, purchased MPS3 crossgrade at Plugin Boutique, but when I enter my email address at the redeem page it says 'Sorry, We did not find Music Production Suite 3 activated with the email address. Please try again or contact support. '.

Contacted support, I'm sure they will fix it, their support is pretty good.

It’s got a few new interesting features, this one. The low end enhancer and the remix module thing are going to be quite useful.

I like the new Vintage mode in the Master Assistant too. I’ve actually found it useful for quick demos or getting an opinion on a mix in progress. The EQ and Dynamic EQ are particularly handy in telling me where some of my trouble spots are.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:15 pm I'm so glad I can use my iLok with this collection.
Say Whaaat!!??? :o Now you've made thousands of ilok haters here on kvr mad. :lol:

simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:54 pm It’s got a few new interesting features, this one. The low end enhancer and the remix module thing are going to be quite useful.

I like the new Vintage mode in the Master Assistant too. I’ve actually found it useful for quick demos or getting an opinion on a mix in progress. The EQ and Dynamic EQ are particularly handy in telling me where some of my trouble spots are.
Keep a close eye when using Vintage mode with the Mastering Assistant. I'm not sure the Vintage Limiter is working correctly when using the assistant. It seems to choke the volume of the whole chain. I used Vintage mode in Mastering Assistant yesterday and the Vintage limiter kept the output from reaching higher -2.3 db on the output. I had to manually adjust the Vintage Limiter threshold to get output more like I expected. Not sure if that's a bug or not.

Symphony Sid wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:37 pm Keep a close eye when using Vintage mode with the Mastering Assistant.
I've been watching some of the videos that have been coming out. In one of the videos, the Izotope product manager says that the Vintage mode of the assistant is not meant to be a finalized chain. It's a chain designed around using mostly the vintage modules but it's not up to the standard of letting Ozone do it's thing properly (engaging all the modules at will). So when you use the Vintange mode of the assistant you are getting a starting point and expected to take over the chain to correct and finish it.

Nice deal on R4, Nimbus, Groove3:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=532768

Return to “Effects”