BlueARP DM: hardware arpeggiator/sequencer (news & discussion)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

3d printing is fine imo

Quick update on my progress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aui1yf26iSQ

Bootloader is basically a thing that allows end users to update firmware in a convenient way - usually via USB stick or SD card.

This is really cool. I sure will be buying one in the future. :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Quick update.
For the enclosure - I ordered polyurethane moulded into silicon form. Fingers crossed.
For 10+ units, price seems reasonable, way below polyamide SLS printing (which is about 300 EUR). For now I ordered only 3, but if it turns out well, I will order several more.
If it works, first 2-3 units will go to some of my friends for testing and there is a good chance next year first units will go to the customers (I need also to figure out all the legal stuff before then).
If it doesn't work at all, I will switch to metal enclosure design (bent metal sheet), but it will throw me back for several months.

Will you assemble these yourself?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:06 am Will you assemble these yourself?
I plan it to be 50/50, at least for the first batch. The most labour intensive thing is soldering. It is around 200 SMT components and 100 through-hole. Many Chinese fabs offer assembly service along with PCB fabrication. I'm trying this option. So around 50-70% of components will be soldered by machine (cheap & common stuff like resistors), the rest I will solder manually (more expensive and\or rare components, that they don't have in stock).

Looks great, has an uncanny resemblance to the tasty chips GR-1, if build quality is on par with that then you’re really into a winner
graywolf2004 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:54 am Quick update on my progress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aui1yf26iSQ

Bootloader is basically a thing that allows end users to update firmware in a convenient way - usually via USB stick or SD card.

Any idea how many you're going to build, and any idea about price? You're going to sell them I'm sure...

graywolf2004 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:58 am
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:06 am Will you assemble these yourself?
I plan it to be 50/50, at least for the first batch. The most labour intensive thing is soldering. It is around 200 SMT components and 100 through-hole. Many Chinese fabs offer assembly service along with PCB fabrication. I'm trying this option. So around 50-70% of components will be soldered by machine (cheap & common stuff like resistors), the rest I will solder manually (more expensive and\or rare components, that they don't have in stock).
Ok thanks. :tu:

Great unit. Definetly interested in it. Do you maybe have an aproximative price for it ? :)

Thanks

Hardware implementation should solve my issues with mouse wheel.

...I gave up BlueArp as IIRC octaves were controlled by mouse wheel but my mouse doesn't have one :wink:
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Any chance to have more scales option for the "force to scale" feature?
I really miss Phrygian, Phrygian dominan, Dorian and Locrian modes in the pluging and hope to have it on the hardware ;)

SupervillainGRZ wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:27 pm Any chance to have more scales option for the "force to scale" feature?
I really miss Phrygian, Phrygian dominan, Dorian and Locrian modes in the pluging and hope to have it on the hardware ;)
It will be both on hardware and plugin. I already added all the main modes like Dorian, Phrygian etc. Will upload in couple of weeks. Also in my todo list to add user scales, but it will take some more time.

Milisonics wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:59 pm Great unit. Definetly interested in it. Do you maybe have an aproximative price for it ? :)

Thanks
Depends on the enclosure cost, which turns out to be the most expensive part of the whole thing. I am doing my best to push it under 1k eur, but I'm not sure. Anyway it should be somewhere in range 800 - 1200 eur. To make it cheaper you need to make then in thousands, which is not gonna happen, cause it is a very niche device...

graywolf2004 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:09 pm
SupervillainGRZ wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:27 pm Any chance to have more scales option for the "force to scale" feature?
It will be both on hardware and plugin. I already added all the main modes like Dorian, Phrygian etc. Will upload in couple of weeks. Also in my todo list to add user scales, but it will take some more time.
Great ! c'ant wait to try the hardware unit !!!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”