BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
SupervillainGRZ
KVRer
3 posts since 11 May, 2015

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:13 am

3d printing is fine imo

User avatar
graywolf2004
KVRian
515 posts since 15 Apr, 2012 from Moscow, Russia

Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:54 pm

Quick update on my progress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aui1yf26iSQ

Bootloader is basically a thing that allows end users to update firmware in a convenient way - usually via USB stick or SD card.

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
3021 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:17 am

This is really cool. I sure will be buying one in the future. :tu:
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

User avatar
graywolf2004
KVRian
515 posts since 15 Apr, 2012 from Moscow, Russia

Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:06 am

Quick update.
For the enclosure - I ordered polyurethane moulded into silicon form. Fingers crossed.
For 10+ units, price seems reasonable, way below polyamide SLS printing (which is about 300 EUR). For now I ordered only 3, but if it turns out well, I will order several more.
If it works, first 2-3 units will go to some of my friends for testing and there is a good chance next year first units will go to the customers (I need also to figure out all the legal stuff before then).
If it doesn't work at all, I will switch to metal enclosure design (bent metal sheet), but it will throw me back for several months.

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
3021 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Will you assemble these yourself?
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

User avatar
graywolf2004
KVRian
515 posts since 15 Apr, 2012 from Moscow, Russia

Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:58 pm

Halonmusic wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:06 pm
Will you assemble these yourself?
I plan it to be 50/50, at least for the first batch. The most labour intensive thing is soldering. It is around 200 SMT components and 100 through-hole. Many Chinese fabs offer assembly service along with PCB fabrication. I'm trying this option. So around 50-70% of components will be soldered by machine (cheap & common stuff like resistors), the rest I will solder manually (more expensive and\or rare components, that they don't have in stock).

User avatar
sureno
KVRian
1077 posts since 4 May, 2008 from West London Depot

Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:03 am

Looks great, has an uncanny resemblance to the tasty chips GR-1, if build quality is on par with that then you’re really into a winner
graywolf2004 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:54 pm
Quick update on my progress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aui1yf26iSQ

Bootloader is basically a thing that allows end users to update firmware in a convenient way - usually via USB stick or SD card.

User avatar
joris.roling
KVRist
74 posts since 2 Apr, 2017

Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:28 am

Any idea how many you're going to build, and any idea about price? You're going to sell them I'm sure...

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
3021 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:59 am

graywolf2004 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:58 pm
Halonmusic wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:06 pm
Will you assemble these yourself?
I plan it to be 50/50, at least for the first batch. The most labour intensive thing is soldering. It is around 200 SMT components and 100 through-hole. Many Chinese fabs offer assembly service along with PCB fabrication. I'm trying this option. So around 50-70% of components will be soldered by machine (cheap & common stuff like resistors), the rest I will solder manually (more expensive and\or rare components, that they don't have in stock).
Ok thanks. :tu:
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

Milisonics
KVRer
6 posts since 19 Nov, 2019

Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:59 am

Great unit. Definetly interested in it. Do you maybe have an aproximative price for it ? :)

Thanks

User avatar
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
3444 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:24 am

Hardware implementation should solve my issues with mouse wheel.

...I gave up BlueArp as IIRC octaves were controlled by mouse wheel but by mouse doesn't have one :wink:
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”