A new updated version of Eventide Omnipressor has just been released.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im looking forward to whats just around the corner.... :arrow:

Oh man, if it turns out this is CPU efficient, I'm going to be a little bummed: Skipped buying during the sale due to CPU usage concerns -- wagtunes and other users' experiences scared me. There was one quote somewhere to the effect (pun intended) of "I can't believe they even released something with a CPU hit this high". :o

Infinite5ths wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:49 pm Oh man, if it turns out this is CPU efficient, I'm going to be a little bummed: Skipped buying during the sale due to CPU usage concerns -- wagtunes and other users' experiences scared me. There was one quote somewhere to the effect (pun intended) of "I can't believe they even released something with a CPU hit this high". :o

It’s a great comp and no heavy cpu hits at all, I think wagtunes experience was an anomaly but that’s just me speculating as my experience and many others seems to have a good one

sureno wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:53 pm
Infinite5ths wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:49 pm Oh man, if it turns out this is CPU efficient, I'm going to be a little bummed: Skipped buying during the sale due to CPU usage concerns -- wagtunes and other users' experiences scared me. There was one quote somewhere to the effect (pun intended) of "I can't believe they even released something with a CPU hit this high". :o

It’s a great comp and no heavy cpu hits at all, I think wagtunes experience was an anomaly but that’s just me speculating as my experience and many others seems to have a good one
No CPU issues for me macos/logic. Seems to be very low CPU compared to other tools I have. You shouldn't go by 3rd party opinions if there is a demo available - go by the demo and how things perform on your own system.

plexuss wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:00 pm

No CPU issues for me macos/logic. Seems to be very low CPU compared to other tools I have. You shouldn't go by 3rd party opinions if there is a demo available - go by the demo and how things perform on your own system.
^^^This. Guys, I was only sharing MY experience. Each person is going to have a different experience based on their CPU and DAW. So download demo and see for yourself. Also, I am noticing that some settings take more CPU than others. YMMV.

Normally I agree with you; but anecdotal evidence for bugs & high-CPU use have served me well in the past. So I choose to give it weight in making certain decisions.

EDIT: Grammar
--
Mike
plexuss wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Infinite5ths wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:19 pm Normally I agree with you; but anecdotal evidence for bugs & high-CPU use have served me well in the past. So I choose to give it weight in making certain decisions.
How could the anecdotes of others ever serve you even just half as good as first-hand experience? Seriously, and I mean this without wanting to be offensive, in my opinion you got exactly what you deserve. That'll teach you. (Or not, but then you'd even more so deserve even much more of the same - all imo of course)

Besides, that dude himself admitted that he is using an old computer and a super-outdated version of Cubase.

Besides, Eventide plugins are known for being well coded and maintained and thus rather on the low side of resource-consumption and buggyness.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:29 pm How could the anecdotes of others ever serve you even just half as good as first-hand experience?
Given my long history with computers and IT, I need not justify my position or explain it to you.

Your subsequent comments are not helpful or in the spirit of this community.

Cheers
--
Mike

Infinite5ths wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:41 pm
jens wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:29 pm How could the anecdotes of others ever serve you even just half as good as first-hand experience?
Given my long history with computers and IT, I need not justify my position or explain it to you.

Your subsequent comments are not helpful or in the spirit of this community.
+1

The guy says he doesn't want to be offensive and then is immediately offensive. Winner of The Electronic Least Self-Aware Award. But, that's jens for you... :dog:
jens wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:29 pm [snip]Seriously, and I mean this without wanting to be offensive, in my opinion you got exactly what you deserve. That'll teach you. [snip]
Last edited by plexuss on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can read that as: I do not intend to be offensive but it won't stop me from making my point. And I certainly stand by that. And all that well within "the spirit of this community" :razz:

I also happen to think my comments might indeed be helpful to others. It's quite foolish not to purchase a plugin that's on sale - and that can easily be demoed - even though it (the plugin and the sale) is highly attractive to you otherwise, just because some dude on a forum experiences some problems with it. Don't do that. One simply can't stress that enough, imo.

Besides: personally I consider it far more offensive to call someone else the "least self-aware person" and especially if you actually don't know that person at all.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Infinite5ths wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:41 pm Given my long history with computers and IT, I need not justify my position or explain it to you.
Regardless of your personal history regarding whatever (which - and that includes you personally as a whole btw. - I could not possibly care less about), you certainly don't - which is why I never asked you to do so and I never would.

jens wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:04 pm Besides: personally I consider it far more offensive to call someone else the "least self-aware person" and especially if you actually don't know that person at all.
The difference is, I didn't claim I wasn't going to be offensive. :clap:

A new updated version of Eventide Omnipressor has just been released.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

plexuss wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:14 pm
jens wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:04 pm Besides: personally I consider it far more offensive to call someone else the "least self-aware person" and especially if you actually don't know that person at all.
The difference is, I didn't claim I wasn't going to be offensive. :clap:
Neither did I. ;-)

(I even explained to you what I meant because you misread/failed to comprehend and yet you still don't get it - that's certainly not my fault :shrug:)

Aloysius wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:18 pm A new updated version of Eventide Omnipressor has just been released.
Sounds a bit off topic.

Return to “Effects”