Sitala drum sampler, new release with multi-out and MIDI mapping

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sitala

Hm, must check this one out. Thanks!

Good to know, thanks
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Good news! In the upcoming version that helper will not be required anymore for performing updates. For now the impact on the system is extremely small. When idling it takes less than 1% CPU.

trancema wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:14 am Any news on updates on Sitala ?
It's surely promising sampler, already powerful but missing some features like setting start/end point of sample and it would be lovely to see some improvements on it.
Hopefully project is not abandoned (?!)
We're finally getting close to a new release. All of the major features are done, and we're at the point of going through and cleaning up odds and ends and then will move on to QA testing and packaging.

This release took quite a while since we tried to do a feature-based release rather than a time-based release -- i.e. "We'll release when we have features x, y and z ready" rather than "We'll do a new release in x months with whatever features are ready at that time." We underestimated how long we'd need to get those features done, so the release ended up coming a lot later than we'd initially hoped.

Most of the new features in the upcoming release are focused on making creating and maintaining kits easier. Adjustable start and stop points aren't in this release, but they are relatively high on our list of priorities for a future release.

scotchi wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:09 pm
It's surely promising sampler, already powerful but missing some features like setting start/end point of sample and it would be lovely to see some improvements on it.
We're finally getting close to a new release. All of the major features are done, and we're at the point of going through and cleaning up odds and ends and then will move on to QA testing and packaging.

This release took quite a while since we tried to do a feature-based release rather than a time-based release -- i.e. "We'll release when we have features x, y and z ready" rather than "We'll do a new release in x months with whatever features are ready at that time." We underestimated how long we'd need to get those features done, so the release ended up coming a lot later than we'd initially hoped.

Most of the new features in the upcoming release are focused on making creating and maintaining kits easier. Adjustable start and stop points aren't in this release, but they are relatively high on our list of priorities for a future release.
This is fantastic news :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

scotchi wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:09 pm We're finally getting close to a new release. All of the major features are done, and we're at the point of going through and cleaning up odds and ends and then will move on to QA testing and packaging...
Thanks!
Good work.
Love this little gem. :hug:

Is it possible to install Sitala over/alongside the old version now? It isnt with the previous release
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I'm not sure if this has been requested yet but I think it would be really useful to have a function which, when creating user presets, copies the samples and the preset file to a user defined location. Very useful for transporting projects around.

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:37 pm Is it possible to install Sitala over/alongside the old version now? It isnt with the previous release
What are the advantages of doing so? We do testing to ensure that old projects work with new versions.

Please instead of 16 fixed outs add the option to set per pad output eg. open hat,closed hat,pedal on the same output
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

luzifer wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:36 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:37 pm Is it possible to install Sitala over/alongside the old version now? It isnt with the previous release
What are the advantages of doing so? We do testing to ensure that old projects work with new versions.
No advantages really, but im using the previous version in a project, and the installer says something about a bug that makes it impossible to upgrade automatically, and that i need to delete the older version.

Ah i see! That is from the very first release. You can safely uninstall Sitala completely and re-install the latest version. No projects will be harmed in that transition and any new version will just upgrade the existing install as one would expect that to happen.

Cool. I will install the latest version then :)

scotchi wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:09 pm

excellent news!
Thank you for the update information.

reusenoise wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:40 pm Please instead of 16 fixed outs add the option to set per pad output eg. open hat,closed hat,pedal on the same output
I agree.

This fixed output thing is a no go for me.

Return to “Instruments”