SynthMaster One v1.4.4 update: Now compatible with Apple M1 + SIMD performance Improvements

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Mikelo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:01 pm Currently working on a track and was using an excellent FX preset called Starfall.
Just fired up Cubase and the track only to hear the once awesome sounding fx, sound like a wet fart.
I have nt modified the preset, just added side chain to certain instances within the track.
Thanks for this bug report! I figured out the root cause of the issue: Normally Sub Oscillator pitch IS relative to Oscillator. But looks like when I updated the pitch calculation code for the sub during microtuning update, it broke. Fixing now. BTW, the issue did not start happening in 1.3.3, it's been happening since 1.3 beta (1.2.5)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

zvenx wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:53 pm edit: so yep still there at 120% in the white skin.
rsp
Is your monitor retina, or non-retina ?
Works at KV331 Audio

parapentep70 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:07 pm
jethrobull wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:07 am Only showing 2 of the Brian Transeau patches. "The big 80's Polywave" & 80's "80's Pluck". I also get the error: "Missing wavetable for OSC2: Waveform : User\Bend Dramatik.
I am running VST2 x64 on Win 7 x64. Reaper (Latest) .
Ok fixed this one too. Now let's move on to the blue/white skins 120% issues on MacOS.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:44 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:53 pm edit: so yep still there at 120% in the white skin.
rsp
Is your monitor retina, or non-retina ?
I actually have a mixture of both... my macbook pro retina 2015 and a non retina Dell 23 inch monitor connected to same.. 95% of the times though it is on the Dell U2312HM Monitor
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

kv331 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:56 am
Mikelo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:01 pm Currently working on a track and was using an excellent FX preset called Starfall.
Just fired up Cubase and the track only to hear the once awesome sounding fx, sound like a wet fart.
I have nt modified the preset, just added side chain to certain instances within the track.
Thanks for this bug report! I figured out the root cause of the issue: Normally Sub Oscillator pitch IS relative to Oscillator. But looks like when I updated the pitch calculation code for the sub during microtuning update, it broke. Fixing now. BTW, the issue did not start happening in 1.3.3, it's been happening since 1.3 beta (1.2.5)
That s great news. Glad you worked it out. I wasn't going mad after all lol!
I only updated from 1.3 3 so I wouldn't of known it was at 1.3 beta but that's ok any how. Just glad you got it sorted! ;-)
Great support. Good luck with your work.

Hello, someone knows why Tone knob disappears (I mean, it's replaced for Index knob) when oscillator is changed from waveform to wavetable?

Thanks.

G_Major wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:44 pm Hello, someone knows why Tone knob disappears (I mean, it's replaced for Index knob) when oscillator is changed from waveform to wavetable?

Thanks.
It's an overloaded (multi-purpose/context) knob. In waveform mode it's all about manipulating the wave forms. In wavetable it's about traversing the different waveforms in the wave table.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Great update, very polished GUI.
Could anyone tell me, do oscillator have Noise waveform. Cannot find any.

Also, the synth is so buggy right now, that I'm too lazy to write about every single issue. Sometimes you turn off the Oscillator, but it doesn't mute it. Modulation assignment doesn't work always - its just doesn affect the diestunations. The synth can easily crash the DAW and etc.
Last edited by Igro on Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Igro wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:09 pm Great update, very polished GUI.
Sub oscillators do
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Also, something wrong is happening with sound once the release finished. What is this noise?
Here the sine preset:

http://www.filedropper.com/dirtytail

dakkra wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:14 pm
Igro wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:09 pm Great update, very polished GUI.
Sub oscillators do
Oops, I overlooked this. Thank you. :)
Last edited by Igro on Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Igro wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:20 pm Also, something wrong is happening with sound once the release finished. What is this noise?
Here the sine preset:

Bullent, can you confirm this?

Igro wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:20 pm Also, something wrong is happening with sound once the release finished. What is this noise?
Here the sine preset:

I don't hear anything unusual. except that after the sound goes under -42dB, sort of quantization noise (ONLY when compressor is on). Is that what you mean ?
Works at KV331 Audio

Quick question for mr. B

are you still planning on knocking out a synthmaster 2.9.9 ?

kv331 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:58 am
Here the sine preset:

I don't hear anything unusual. except that after the sound goes under -42dB, sort of quantization noise (ONLY when compressor is on). Is that what you mean ?
Correct. I put compressor just make sure you will hear it. It is there without the compressor too. I usually do music with headphones and while creating a snare kick this noise comes up. So it is not a compressor issue. Remove the noise oscillator and just leave the sine. You will hear the issue better.

Return to “Instruments”