DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
acid alex
KVRist
251 posts since 23 Feb, 2017

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:04 pm

The new GUI is great, thanks. Plus you fixed my crashes with Maschine 2 :)
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

Dasheesh
KVRAF
3589 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:39 pm

why are there faded diagonal stripes across the screens of this class A gui for?

CodeUltraSounds
KVRer
23 posts since 8 Aug, 2019

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:43 pm

This is turning out to be a good week for sound designers. Thank you for introducing a better modulation framework. Synapse is one of our favorite synth developers. :tu:
CodeUltra Sounds - Makers of ARKEON Join us on Instagram: Daily Production Tips, Cool Art, Synth Stories.

Yorrrrrr
KVRian
831 posts since 25 Sep, 2011 from Cartagena - Colombia

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:56 pm

Great update for an already great synthesizer.

Touch The Universe
KVRAF
3870 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:11 pm

CodeUltraSounds wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:43 pm
This is turning out to be a good week for sound designers. Thank you for introducing a better modulation framework. Synapse is one of our favorite synth developers. :tu:
Precisely :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and Spire.
http://www.touch-the-universe.com/

CodeUltraSounds
KVRer
23 posts since 8 Aug, 2019

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:00 pm

Touch The Universe wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:11 pm
CodeUltraSounds wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:43 pm
Precisely :D
:hihi:
CodeUltra Sounds - Makers of ARKEON Join us on Instagram: Daily Production Tips, Cool Art, Synth Stories.

Dasheesh
KVRAF

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:55 am

Here we go. a little better. I call it the "darklight default." using the osc. section from the default, the paper display and LEDs of the ghostify, and the mod wheel from the glacier white. Still has those place holder vents in the osc section, but I can't be fussed to learn a photoshop program, I have enough troubles learning all the audio programming. Obviously, it can't be shared, but you can build it yourself. :party: :party:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

omiroad
KVRist
366 posts since 16 Mar, 2015

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:44 am

If it's not possible yet to have a white display on the white skin (like the TI Snow) then this is my feature request.

DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
3356 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:55 am

Success! I just managed to port Dune 2 library to Dune 3 in VIP, preserving all tags (but not preset rating).
Dune 2 to 3 VIP port.png
So I will be able to use my hand-tagged presets in Dune 3 as well :) Now I can migrate to version 3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

zerocrossing
KVRAF
9860 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:55 am

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:20 am
omiroad wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:49 am
Is there a bug fix changelog for this release?
General fixes:
- "Alternate" Source in the mod matrix did not work properly with all destinations, fixed.
- Fuzz Distortion program always sounded mono even on stereo inputs, fixed.
- Adjusting Pitchbend up/down settings could get Dune 3 out of tune, fixed.
- In FLStudio, the Shimmer Hall did not always work properly, fixed.

Mac-specific:
- Wavetable editor was laggy on Macs with a Retina display, fixed.
- Running DUNE 3 and The Legend at the same time could cause authorization problems, fixed.
- Opening the UI could cause a crash on some Macs on certain hosts (usually NI Maschine), fixed.
- In some cases in Live the second inserted instance could crash the host, fixed.

Richard
I’m wondering if you’d consider adding an extra oversampling mode for distortion effects. Even if it comes at a high CPU cost, it would be really nice to have for distorted leads and basses.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

AnX
KVRAF
5602 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:57 am

omiroad wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:44 am
If it's not possible yet to have a white display on the white skin (like the TI Snow) then this is my feature request.
swap the dark skin screen into the light screen skin folder

recursive one
KVRAF
4258 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:13 pm

zerocrossing wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:55 am
I’m wondering if you’d consider adding an extra oversampling mode for distortion effects. Even if it comes at a high CPU cost, it would be really nice to have for distorted leads and basses.
+1
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Dasheesh
KVRAF

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:04 pm

i agree with it all. the white screen and distortion over sampling, because that scream is as good as the reverb. i'm putting it on everything. but, if it's going to cost any cpu at all it won't happen. too many edm/trance/preset designers have their claws in it.

omiroad
KVRist
366 posts since 16 Mar, 2015

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:25 pm

Oversampling is never free...

Richard_Synapse
KVRian
947 posts since 20 Dec, 2010

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:40 pm

zerocrossing wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:55 am
Very good idea, the oversampling works different though in the various algorithms (typically 4x), so it would be somewhat fiddly to implement. If you have one or two particular favorite algorithms, would be easier to provide something like a 16x oversampled version :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Return to “Instruments”