FL Studio 20.5 | Introducing a new free plugin FLEX

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

@telecode:
If it works that much for you, why don't you use Windows then?! FL Studio in Windows is very stable.

EnGee wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:44 pm It's my impression based on my talking with some people and on the net. FL Studio is very popular among hip hop producers (at least this is what I observed in West Auckland. I guess the same applies in other countries or cities).
Because most of people use it for EDM or hip hop doesn't mean the FL is only for this. It is the same like the majority of human race eat unhealthy food and drink junk (like cola) instead of pure water doesn't mean this correct way or only way to live and that small minority are wrong. So because most of humans do it this way I will not build my statement based on this. From your statement it looks like you build your conclusion based on others people opinions and not your own experience. Listening to other people opinion is good but you need to use your own experience to choose what is good for you. What is good for you may not be good for others. Choose your way and don't try to convince other that this is only possible way.

I do not want to post my junk track but, here is what I made with FL and it is for sure not EDM. The first is more soundtrack style
https://soundcloud.com/trojakew/first-snow
Next is more classical stuff
https://soundcloud.com/trojakew/elements

Those are not very good tracks but not becuase they were made in FL but because my skills sucks. I'm the one that can't use whole potencial of FL studio. So FL is only tool and it is only as good as user that use it.

Ultimate DAW doesn't exist. There is no way to make something that all people will like it. You can only choose from existing your own prefered one. For me it is FL studio because of many factors. Workflow (yea I know many will not agree but for me it is great), price, copy protection, free updates and so on. I'm very glad that something with all that exist and I want thank Imageline fro great DAW.

TrojakEW wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:37 am
EnGee wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:44 pm It's my impression based on my talking with some people and on the net. FL Studio is very popular among hip hop producers (at least this is what I observed in West Auckland. I guess the same applies in other countries or cities).
Because most of people use it for EDM or hip hop doesn't mean the FL is only for this. It is the same like the majority of human race eat unhealthy food and drink junk (like cola) instead of pure water doesn't mean this correct way or only way to live and that small minority are wrong. So because most of humans do it this way I will not build my statement based on this. From your statement it looks like you build your conclusion based on others people opinions and not your own experience. Listening to other people opinion is good but you need to use your own experience to choose what is good for you. What is good for you may not be good for others. Choose your way and don't try to convince other that this is only possible way.
You are jumping to your own world and try to defend it! You don't have to because I'm not attacking you or FL Studio :hihi:

I didn't say it is the only usage for it! You can use it to write an essay if you want! I don't know really what you want to prove from your junk food example! Do you mean the majority of users are wrong? They should use it the way you do?

I already used my own experience in creating my own opinion. But, I'm seeing the things as they are, not like I want them to be! I also don't underestimate other's opinions just because they are different.

FL Studio is not my main DAW, but I like it and it inspires me to write beats and dance music. What's wrong with this?! If it inspire you to write symphonies, that's great! Good for you! For me, it doesn't :)

EnGee wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:33 am I didn't say it is the only usage for it! You can use it to write an essay if you want! I don't know really what you want to prove from your junk food example! Do you mean the majority of users are wrong? They should use it the way you do?
Yes that is actually what I mean. Because it is majority it doesn't mean it is correct. It is what you think and thats why I stated example with food. An I can tell you other that there were time were most of humans think the earth is centre of universe and sun orbit around the earth. It is your statemnet where you are telling us that is not very good for other style and I only want to show that it is up user itself that use FL. You do what you are able do and what do you want with it. But do not tell other that it is not good for something else.
EnGee wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:33 am FL Studio is not my main DAW, but I like it and it inspires me to write beats and dance music. What's wrong with this?! If it inspire you to write symphonies, that's great! Good for you! For me, it doesn't :)
Nothing wrong with it but, making statement based on other poinion and your own skill with FL is missleading. So if you want to say something then say: I'm not able do this because I can't do that and not bacuse I'm using wrong application.

Again all I wanted to say (again) that limit here is user and not tool.

Oh man! you remind me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGsQES_OdrQ

rlared wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:46 am
telecode wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:36 am
EnGee wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:08 am It is as I said a great DAW especially for EDM, Dance and hip hop music, but in general for audio work or/and classic music I don't think so. Nothing is wrong with that! I don't consider it a negative! It is a plus IMO, because it is nice to have something different ;)
It works for other genres as well. I make rock/pop/folky and arab rhythm based music. I used FL for it. Compared to my main DAW cubase, the workflow and navigation and mixing navigation is actually lighting fast compared to Cubase. You just have to get used to the short cuts. I am a big Maschine user and It was actually easier to setup templates and map them to groups thasn FL and Cubase. The only reason I gave up is its crashing like crazy on OS X. I will wait for a few years and try it again if they get more stability in it.
Please elaborate how those workflows are faster in FL Studio? I find that very hard to believe based on having tried both. Not knocking FL Studio but especially with mixing I don't see how you can say that is lightning fast.
I can move between sequencer, mixer and insert windows by just tabbing away . as task like switching to sequencer, moving a node, switch to mixer and inserting a effect is IMO 10 times faster in FL.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

EnGee wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:49 am @telecode:
If it works that much for you, why don't you use Windows then?! FL Studio in Windows is very stable.
I don't use it because my main setup is a Mac. Thats all.

May I ask, what is your purpose on this thread? Are you here to get info on whether Image Line Fl Studio might be a good choice for you or are you after something else? There is a 100 DAWs out there, you pick the one you what that works for you. There is really no point getting into downward spirals over which one is "better" or worse than the other. They all have their user base and their ardent followers.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:32 pm I can move between sequencer, mixer and insert windows by just tabbing away . as task like switching to sequencer, moving a node, switch to mixer and inserting a effect is IMO 10 times faster in FL.
FL Studio has it´s strength for sure but what you mention here is 99% the same procedure in every sequencer in existance... in this regard FL Studio is never ever faster workflow wise than any other...

Trancit wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:12 pm I know there are some... crazy people... :roll:
Not crazy just some people with skills not like the rest of us. :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

telecode wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:38 pm

May I ask, what is your purpose on this thread? Are you here to get info on whether Image Line Fl Studio might be a good choice for you or are you after something else? There is a 100 DAWs out there, you pick the one you what that works for you. There is really no point getting into downward spirals over which one is "better" or worse than the other. They all have their user base and their ardent followers.
My purpose?! I like FL Studio and I like to share of what I like about it.
I haven't complained about something, and I don't find my opinion negative at all.

You are the one keeps complaining that FL Studio is crashing your holy Mac setup! More than once really! So, I suggest to install Windows and run FL Studio. It's the same advice users of Pro Tools/Digital Performer give to one running Pro Tools on Windows! i.e. run Pro Tools/DP on Mac because they are much more stable.

Anyway, maybe you like watching FL Studio crashing on your Mac and want to share with us how nice is that, so not complaining like I thought! In this case enjoy your setup :)

EnGee wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:25 pm
telecode wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:38 pm

My purpose?! I like FL Studio and I like to share of what I like about it.
I haven't complained about something, and I don't find my opinion negative at all.

You are the one keeps complaining that FL Studio is crashing your holy Mac setup! More than once really! So, I suggest to install Windows and run FL Studio. It's the same advice users of Pro Tools/Digital Performer give to one running Pro Tools on Windows! i.e. run Pro Tools/DP on Mac because they are much more stable.

Anyway, maybe you like watching FL Studio crashing on your Mac and want to share with us how nice is that, so not complaining like I thought! In this case enjoy your setup :)
Grow up

:nutter:

telecode wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:26 am ....

Grow up
I have to agree with EnGee...
The times where mac was less troublesome were over since long long time...(20 years or so...???)

Whenever you read something in a forum (no matter what developer) that something doesn´t work right... it´s a mac...

Apple breaks compatibility with every single update and nothing works anymore until the 3rd party devs have to make their hands dirty to make everything fit again...
I cannot remember whenever this happened on windows... my guess would be never...
And for this BS you pay 3 times more money...

The world would be definetely easier without macs... perhaps mac users should slowly wake up, leave the wannabe cult and switch to a working system... :tu:
Would give less heart attacks too :hihi:

Not to argue merits, but price a PC with a high-density display before you do your comparison math. The last time there were compatibility issues of the current Apple type was with the introduction of Windows 7 when there was a slight alteration to the driver model.

Trancit wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:29 pm
telecode wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:26 am ....

Grow up
I have to agree with EnGee...
The times where mac was less troublesome were over since long long time...(20 years or so...???)

Whenever you read something in a forum (no matter what developer) that something doesn´t work right... it´s a mac...

Apple breaks compatibility with every single update and nothing works anymore until the 3rd party devs have to make their hands dirty to make everything fit again...
I cannot remember whenever this happened on windows... my guess would be never...
And for this BS you pay 3 times more money...

The world would be definetely easier without macs... perhaps mac users should slowly wake up, leave the wannabe cult and switch to a working system... :tu:
Would give less heart attacks too :hihi:
I am actually on an older gen OSX 10.6 or something.

Apparently it might be just a 3rd party plugin or one of my audio hardware . There are other OSX users who have no crashes with the new FL studio. Either way, I am not that a big fan that am willing to dump other tools I use in order to switch to FL. My main DAW is Cubase and Wavelab. Those work 100% with no issues. I will wait until next year and try FL again. Hopefully by them they will have done more advancea in OS X comparability.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”