If The Major DAW Developers Said They Were Dropping Support For Mac OS...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:25 pm
BlackWinny wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:15 pm
samsam wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:19 pm it's great that we can debate so feely thanks to Ben's most excellent forum, nice to herar the opinions of Windows users too :)
I'm Windows user, and I invite you to read (or read again) what I wrote in that post at the end of the page 1, a post which received no reply while being one of the posts where it is possible to read a Windows user having neither critics nor sarcasms against the OSX users.
It's one of the unfortunate aspects of forums that sensible stuff seems to get ignored - but that's because no-one chose to disagree with it rather than it actually being ignored.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Psuper wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm Do yourself a favor, google "Apple products are superior and so are their users" - you'll feel much better about yourself than bantering with me - I'm a black hole of self-inflicted despair for people like you, fair warning.
Your disapproval of Apple and disgust for its use is just a super-power for you, isn't it. The sheer power of that rancor is just stunning.
Or the gateway to a certain quality of personal delusion.
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:20 pm ...And Said They Would Be Switching To Linux As An Alternative....

What would your reaction be :?:
That would be great and actually not such a big deal. Let's think about this again when the Apple marketshare in audio industries is stuck it its low. Shouldn't take that long given that it's dropping for years now and is already only 20-30% (*by the statistics of some devs that answered that in a thread).

MFXxx wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:02 pm
Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:40 pm It’s true because a clickbait video says so? Oh right, I’ll throw all my Apple products out immediately! :roll:
Did someone say click bait...
https://youtu.be/-XSC_UG5_kU

Spoof or not - gets me evey time chuckles :clown:
I have to admit this made me laugh a lot, but there is a lot of truth in what the guy is saying (the subtitles).

*With all respect to all apple users.
Last edited by JunSev on Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:21 pm Well, there have been a few of us who seemed to have found it to be inappropriate.
There are certainly quite a few people who took offense (albeit minor in some cases) in the thread on the Melda forum:

viewtopic.php?f=138&t=533286

I took a look to see what reactions are there, but refrained from posting. After all, how sad would it be to just go to a thread and make generalizations about a company for no other reason than a perception I gained from listening to a random group of people on the internet voicing unsubstantiated opinions...

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:33 pmAfter all, how sad would it be to just go to a thread and make generalizations about a company for no other reason than a perception I gained from listening to a random group of people on the internet voicing unsubstantiated opinions...
¡Si Señor! Imagínate

¡Ay Caramba!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xEO9ndZmpI

unsubstantiated opinions
There is alot of substance and reasons for dislike apple and their bad politics, everything for them seems Money driving, that's what matters for them and everything they do reflect that, there is not consideration with developers and compatibility killing possibilities.

Did you read my last post?
If The Major DAW Developers Said They Were Dropping Support For Mac OS...

The future would be better and this very frequent arrogant attitude of apple of "let's get rid of this... let's get rid of that" will not have place anymore.

Apple doesn't even think about developers or compatibility issues and always think that they can do everything they want because of blind followers (not all) that loves to jump in the new trending thing = Money $€£.

Melda is not the only one that has issues with apple because of their arrogant attitude; and despite that windows is not like the good guys neither they don't go around eliminating possibilities and capabilities that were available in some time. Also people should understand and consider the magnitude of this problem, I don't buy a product knowing will not work for the next overhyped operative system, I'm buying it with the mindset: this will last me some good time and I will not be jumping to new machines or the nonsense desires of some OS to eliminate things constantly; This will make the product lifespan you're getting unnecessarily short, and although windows is not like the good guys neither they don't go around eliminating things as apple is doing frequently.

With all respect to all apple users:

https://youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8

Think different when buying your next laptop or music workstation.

Microsoft is, of course, a charity.

JunSev wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:45 pm There is alot of substance and reasons for dislike apple and their bad politics
You keep making that statement, but keep failing to provide any detail beyond generalizations that could equally apply to many other large corporations.

It feels like you’re simply reciting a mantra and have zoned out on what anyone else is saying.

Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:48 pm Microsoft is, of course, a charity.
:hihi:

JunSev wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:45 pmDid you read my last post?
I'm sure if it's as illuminating as your other 669 posts, he'll be getting right to it :tu:

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:04 pm
Psuper wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm
Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:17 pm
Psuper wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:14 pm
Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:11 pm
Psuper wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:07 pm I stated Mac users were loyal regardless of circumstances except money because Apple products are still overpriced and in a solid market share, even though not by as much these day.
So you came to this conclusion based on the price of Apple products and their level of market share rather than any actual evidence that their customers behave this way?
By being intimately around many thousands of people in the industry over the past 30 years - something no google search will teach. As I mentioned, no need to agree, I know the deal.
So in other words it’s your subjective opinion.
Is there some sort of hard fact evidence you expected to be produced?
Yes. That’s generally how statements are determined to be true or false.

Without any actual evidence to back up a statement it’s merely conjecture or uninformed guesswork.
The words "conjecture", "uninformed", and "guesswork" are applicable to your assessment of my long-term life experience which cannot be bottled up into a google search. That "source?" crap doesn't apply often in life, one day you're understand.
jancivil wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:29 pm
Psuper wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm Do yourself a favor, google "Apple products are superior and so are their users" - you'll feel much better about yourself than bantering with me - I'm a black hole of self-inflicted despair for people like you, fair warning.
Your disapproval of Apple and disgust for its use is just a super-power for you, isn't it. The sheer power of that rancor is just stunning.
Or the gateway to a certain quality of personal delusion.
You should understand context before posting, or at the very least read prior posts for perspective.
Psuper wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:48 pm Any OS makes a fine desktop. Windows is bloat, Macs are elitist, and Linux is obscure. I hack my windows down to the core and find it best for most things I do, while Linux is for playing around like the old days of frakensteining a system but with all the new fangled stuff. Macs I still can't get over the old days of charging 4x the price for the same hardware of a PC, and their users epitomized fanboyism back when it wasn't even a word.

Things change, macs aren't crazy pricey and users have calmed down, but I can't stand the platform anyway. Linux flavors otoh may not be on many desktops at moms house, but they dominate the IT infrastructure in the professional world for good reason. Windows is still bloat.
Psuper wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:46 pm Well I love Linux and can't stand Mac, but also prefer competition, so neutral.
In context we have learned that I personally dislike Apple as a company, but am glad they're around for the competition and perspective. I've found that apple's users, while once rabidly and undeniably fanboy to the n'th degree, have calmed down -- however many are still staunch defenders of them for a variety reasons, at least until their wallet runs dry. We've learned that life experience is non-quantifiable, and I'll bank 'all-in' on mine.

Feel free to continue on with derogatory comments, while staunchly defending a platform who doesn't even know who you are - you're doing a better job defining mac users than I am, and giving others some quantifiable life experience to boot!
Have you tried Vital?

:hihi:
JunSev wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:33 pm
MFXxx wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:02 pm
Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:40 pm It’s true because a clickbait video says so? Oh right, I’ll throw all my Apple products out immediately! :roll:
Did someone say click bait...
https://youtu.be/-XSC_UG5_kU

Spoof or not - gets me evey time chuckles :clown:
I have to admit this made me laugh a lot, but there is a lot of truth in what the guy is saying (the subtitles).

*With all respect to all apple users.
That videos been used to roast Apple
Thousands of times :hihi:
Anyone seem the one about the 999$ laptop
Stand or the removal of the headphone jack :hihi:

Speaking of that laptop...i purchased the New MacBook Pro last year and already the SMC is acting wonky and the bottom
Right USB C port is SHOT.

OWO
For a 3,000$ Premium machine!

What FUN!

I have 3 years AppleCare so I’m not too angry but man the company is starting to aggravate me a lot.
I’m not nessecarly anti-apple considering I use so much of their stuff including logic. And I love Mac OS...but I’m going to be upgrading my windows system soon and might be using it more then before...

On the positive the keyboard hasn’t shat itself yet so that’s good.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Psuper wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:56 pm In context we have learned that I personally dislike Apple as a company
Now was that really so difficult? We all knew you had nothing in the way of evidence to back up your statements, so don’t feel bad about it.
Psuper wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:56 pm you're doing a better job defining mac users than I am
No shit Sherlock! :lol:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:21 pm
tooneba wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:53 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:44 pm
tooneba wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:33 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:05 pm
tooneba wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Some people got butthurt because they felt their religion is insulted and someone invaded their safe space though some media article or dev just wrote their opinion. The intolerance, gaslighting , racketeering and hostility toward different opinion by their userbase are somewhat terrifying.
Yes! Pointing out that a developer was condescending while sending an inappropriate email to paying customers constitutes "intolerance, gaslighting , racketeering and hostility". Are you sure it's not you who needs a "safe space".
Define the inappropriate content in the email?
The intent of the email was inappropriate. The rest was just the sprinkles on the turd :tu:
Who was the intent of the email inappropriate for? If it was appropriate for most users won't it be just your personal feeling that makes you think it's "inappropriate"?
Well, there have been a few of us who seemed to have found it to be inappropriate. Not that the opinion of one person isn't valid, but perhaps you could give me an indication of how many agreeing opinions would be necessary for us to have the right to express our concerns :tu:
Finally you clarified your definition of inappropriate. When 2 individuals in the thread expressed their feeling the evaluation has been determined no matter what opinion other people in the world are having. Mkay that's good.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”