Modal Skulpt

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
lacandon
KVRian
577 posts since 31 Aug, 2012

Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:40 am

BONES wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:57 pm
As I've been saying to someone else on a different thread, you need to defend your ideas, not yourself. Nobody cares about you or I, it's our ideas that need to be shared so stop carrying on about yourself and talk bout the topic at hand. If you didn't explain yourself adequately the first time, clarify your point, don't get the shits because you've made yourself look dumb.
I explained myself clearly the synth has more organic sound what in this made me dumb?Ive compared it to my synths my friends did too and a lot others.I formed my conclusion to get it based on good research before I got it.I can back up what I say but its all subjective so really I will not defend my opinion no point.I already like a lot the synth and I will keep it.Dont like the build quality and the sw bugs but I can live with that

User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
29553 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Re: Modal Skulpt

Post Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:45 am

lacandon wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:40 am
BONES wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:57 pm
As I've been saying to someone else on a different thread, you need to defend your ideas, not yourself. Nobody cares about you or I, it's our ideas that need to be shared so stop carrying on about yourself and talk bout the topic at hand. If you didn't explain yourself adequately the first time, clarify your point, don't get the shits because you've made yourself look dumb.
I explained myself clearly the synth has more organic sound what in this made me dumb?Ive compared it to my synths my friends did too and a lot others.I formed my conclusion to get it based on good research before I got it.I can back up what I say but its all subjective so really I will not defend my opinion no point.I already like a lot the synth and I will keep it.Dont like the build quality and the sw bugs but I can live with that
ok so by these two posts it seems this tangent is through, let's keep it that way :)
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

TobyB
KVRer
24 posts since 18 Dec, 2018

Re: Modal Skulpt

Post Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:52 am

Back to Skulpt... SkulptS in fact ... polychain 4 of them, spread those 32 voices and 128 oscillators and you have an amazingly rich sound that you might need soft synths like Omnisphere to develop otherwise... lots of fun!

lacandon
KVRian
577 posts since 31 Aug, 2012

Re: Modal Skulpt

Post Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:00 pm

Ye that do be beast but they have now Argon coming too.Ive used skulpt with my H9 and. Especially with the Polara its killer combo.Wirh the randomiser I really got some amazing tones from this thing.

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
8890 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: Modal Skulpt

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Argon8 is more like Craft Synth 2.0 than Skulpt. A few months down the track I find myself using Craft a lot more than Skulpt. I just find Craft easier to get really nice sounds from, where I have to work a lot harder with Skulpt. I also find Skulpt harder to work with from the front panel, so I pretty much only use it with the app.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), Zoom U24, Cubase, DUNE, Hive, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Substance, Arcsyn, Synthmaster One, Aparillo, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2

lacandon
KVRian
577 posts since 31 Aug, 2012

Re: Modal Skulpt

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:38 pm

BONES wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:42 pm
Argon8 is more like Craft Synth 2.0 than Skulpt. A few months down the track I find myself using Craft a lot more than Skulpt. I just find Craft easier to get really nice sounds from, where I have to work a lot harder with Skulpt. I also find Skulpt harder to work with from the front panel, so I pretty much only use it with the app.
The craft its good too yea.I was abble to get quite unique sounds on the Skulpt mostly using the app dont touch much the hw.It does sound quite nice with the Polara.Its a keeper for me its not very unique like architecture but sounds different from what I have and I like that plus I get the type of dark hard hitting sounds easy with the skulpt.I never liked the Blofeld sound had it for years loved the complexity it was near unlimited but just very dull filter for my taste.

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
8890 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: Modal Skulpt

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Perhaps strangely, I had the same experience with Pulse 2. It was a huge step up from the Rocket I had but, ultimately, it just didn't grab me the way Rocket did. Maybe that form factor is cursed?
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), Zoom U24, Cubase, DUNE, Hive, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Substance, Arcsyn, Synthmaster One, Aparillo, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
2935 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Modal Skulpt

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:22 pm

Do modal make apps for Android?
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
8890 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: Modal Skulpt

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:05 am

Yes, they do, although I can't imagine why they'd bother.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), Zoom U24, Cubase, DUNE, Hive, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Substance, Arcsyn, Synthmaster One, Aparillo, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2

lacandon
KVRian
577 posts since 31 Aug, 2012

Re: Modal Skulpt

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:22 am

BONES wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:29 pm
Perhaps strangely, I had the same experience with Pulse 2. It was a huge step up from the Rocket I had but, ultimately, it just didn't grab me the way Rocket did. Maybe that form factor is cursed?
Ye the pulse 2 its not as fun the only waldorf I would of like to have is the orange xt its also quite unique proud digital synth.The skulpt suprised me since the begining and still does when randomise u can come with very very good sounds for a synth in thag price range.Its a bit too expensive however actually super expensive because for a bit more the mininova has 3 osc lot of effects modulation slots polyphony etc I just dont like novation sound of any of their synths.
The modulation matrix on skulpt definetely needs a bit more options maybe the filter as well.Feel the same.about the Argon too for the price its not really cheap 2 osc synth its limiting for poly synth.
Also wavetables its extremely boring so many plugins do way better then any hw.Would like something more unique as Unfiltered Audio Lion in hw.

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
8890 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: Modal Skulpt

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:46 pm

I love my Ultranova and I actually paid quite a bit less for an as-new one than i paid for Skulpt. But I can't compare them, Ultranova doesn't fit in my messenger bag with my laptop. If all you are doing is comparing features, you'd only ever buy softsynths. You have to have different needs/desires to be looking at hardware at all and different hardware will tick different boxes.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), Zoom U24, Cubase, DUNE, Hive, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Substance, Arcsyn, Synthmaster One, Aparillo, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2

lacandon
KVRian
577 posts since 31 Aug, 2012

Re: Modal Skulpt

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:55 am

BONES wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:46 pm
I love my Ultranova and I actually paid quite a bit less for an as-new one than i paid for Skulpt. But I can't compare them, Ultranova doesn't fit in my messenger bag with my laptop. If all you are doing is comparing features, you'd only ever buy softsynths. You have to have different needs/desires to be looking at hardware at all and different hardware will tick different boxes.
The hydrasynth got some interesting features.I love sw I also think they also sounds better then now then hw but I can explain just have more fun with hw I feel like I do something real? Especially now since I got the H9 max really opened up lot of posibillities and I start every sound from scratch which I almost never do in sw.Do u have ur eyes on some other synths?
Think Modal will have drum synth as well..For the moment I will get the volca drum its just sick can only imagine with byome inear display and h9 what morphing I can do great times for music.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”