Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

Butwug wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:33 am
v1o wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:33 pm
Butwug wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:37 pm Demo’d this synth couple weeks back. Deleted it after a few minutes because there was no undo. I thought I couldnt find the undo, so googled it. Apparently there really wasnt an undo.
You should have deleted your DAW if doesnt have undo for plugins.
Im fine using the best DAW on market 8)
The best daw on the market will Never ask $170 Fee a year for upgrades.

In addition "best" is very subjective.

I had to for many reasons.

With all respect.

JunSev wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:10 am
Butwug wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:37 pm Demo’d this synth couple weeks back. Deleted it after a few minutes because there was no undo. I thought I couldnt find the undo, so googled it. Apparently there really wasnt an undo.
No. But it might let you upgrade any time you want for $170, while giving you free upgrades for a year after you purchase that upgrade.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:54 am
JunSev wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:10 am
No. But it might let you upgrade any time you want for $170, while giving you free upgrades for a year after you purchase that upgrade.
Yeah ok, but does that change the fact that updates are always needed (even in one year)? No, even in one year a lot of things can change and updates are always necessary.

Updates are always important, while some companies don't consider the overall situation of the world (in the past, present and future) and also that no everyone can afford some prices, they (of course) will continue with the same plan ideas.

And even when I'm not part of some of the "low income countries" in a general way to say it, $170 yearly is something too overpriced, it doesn't matter the hype but what it offers and its treatment with their costumers.

And just to be honest $170 is a bad start for such company.

So I don't follow hypes or overrated statements, but the substance of things.

With all respect Echoes in the Attic.

tony10000 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:28 pm
Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:35 pm Nope
Good to hear from you about development, Phil. It has been very quiet in the ANA2 section of the SA forum. Any chance you will recreate the ANA1 sounds in ANA2? I still use it for simple sounds. ANA2’s banks have shock and awe but you have to tone them down to make them fit in a mix.

+1

Awfully quiet in here.
ANA 2 is almost two years old, 2.x update is long overdue :x

On sale for £42 for Black Friday.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:09 am On sale for £42 for Black Friday.
And bought! Thanks for the heads up. I just offered someone $80 for this last week, I'm glad they declined!

Does ANA still alias like nobody's business?

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:15 am Does ANA still alias like nobody's business?
I remember people complaining about that at V1, but I thought they improved that. No complaints here anyways on V2.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:56 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:15 am Does ANA still alias like nobody's business?
I remember people complaining about that at V1, but I thought they improved that. No complaints here anyways on V2.
:tu: Thanks!

To be clear I never had V1 so can't speak definitively on that.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have both. V2 definitely sounds a lot better. I think V2 was a complete rewrite rather than just an update of V1. They don't sound very similar at all.

I see the Slate sub version of Ana 2 has been updated with new presets and a lovely new skin.

Is this available to non Slate version users?

simmo75 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:11 pm I see the Slate sub version of Ana 2 has been updated with new presets and a lovely new skin.

Woopsie! According to their website, latest version is 2.0.92 but I have 2.0.81 installed. Time to update, thanks!
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

nachenko wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:18 pm
simmo75 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:11 pm I see the Slate sub version of Ana 2 has been updated with new presets and a lovely new skin.

Woopsie! According to their website, latest version is 2.0.92 but I have 2.0.81 installed. Time to update, thanks!
Cool, can you verify the new skin and presets?

Return to “Instruments”