The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
jethrobull
KVRAF
1911 posts since 5 Jun, 2011 from Preston, England, UK

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:18 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:10 am
jethrobull wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 am
Cool upbeat track and great arrangement. Mix is spot on as usual, nice and full. The guitars sound great to me but I'm no expert so... As vurt said, vocals could be a touch louder but other than that good job :tu:
Listening on my ear buds...
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Yeah, I'm not getting the vocal volume problem. Probably has something to do with my setup here. I'm not exactly bullet proof for all listening environments so there may be instances where the vocals aren't loud enough. Anything is possible with my limited capabilities.
Weird thing (after another listen) the vocals sound a touch more upfront on the final chorus. But that could just be me.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
myfeebleeffort
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRAF
8488 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:19 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:05 am
God I hate this place with a passion.
But you keep coming back...

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
18158 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:23 am

** Public Apology **

I am sorry for anybody who found my song offensive. It was not meant as an attack on any person or group of persons. It was just meant as a song. I hope, with this apology, that we can drop this matter.

Thank you.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
18158 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:24 am

jethrobull wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:18 am
wagtunes wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:10 am
jethrobull wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 am
Cool upbeat track and great arrangement. Mix is spot on as usual, nice and full. The guitars sound great to me but I'm no expert so... As vurt said, vocals could be a touch louder but other than that good job :tu:
Listening on my ear buds...
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Yeah, I'm not getting the vocal volume problem. Probably has something to do with my setup here. I'm not exactly bullet proof for all listening environments so there may be instances where the vocals aren't loud enough. Anything is possible with my limited capabilities.
Weird thing (after another listen) the vocals sound a touch more upfront on the final chorus. But that could just be me.
Actually, the final chorus should be harder to hear because of the synth pad behind it. So that is weird. LOL.

User avatar
jethrobull
KVRAF
1911 posts since 5 Jun, 2011 from Preston, England, UK

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:25 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:24 am
jethrobull wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:18 am
wagtunes wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:10 am
jethrobull wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 am
Cool upbeat track and great arrangement. Mix is spot on as usual, nice and full. The guitars sound great to me but I'm no expert so... As vurt said, vocals could be a touch louder but other than that good job :tu:
Listening on my ear buds...
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Yeah, I'm not getting the vocal volume problem. Probably has something to do with my setup here. I'm not exactly bullet proof for all listening environments so there may be instances where the vocals aren't loud enough. Anything is possible with my limited capabilities.
Weird thing (after another listen) the vocals sound a touch more upfront on the final chorus. But that could just be me.
Actually, the final chorus should be harder to hear because of the synth pad behind it. So that is weird. LOL.
Oh god :hihi:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
myfeebleeffort
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
26016 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:26 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:23 am
** Public Apology **

I am sorry for anybody who found my song offensive. It was not meant as an attack on any person or group of persons. It was just meant as a song. I hope, with this apology, that we can drop this matter.

Thank you.
So change the offensive lyric to something else, or the apology means nothing.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
18158 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:34 am

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:26 am
wagtunes wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:23 am
** Public Apology **

I am sorry for anybody who found my song offensive. It was not meant as an attack on any person or group of persons. It was just meant as a song. I hope, with this apology, that we can drop this matter.

Thank you.
So change the offensive lyric to something else, or the apology means nothing.
You know what? Do you have any idea how many rap songs have been posted in this forum with all kinds of cursing that I find, not only offensive, but inappropriate? But I don't listen to these songs and then, afterwards, tell the artist how offended I am by their music. So what I'm offended? If we remove everything in this forum that is offensive to somebody there will be hardly any music here.

Sorry, but right now you're just busting my balls and I won't stand for it. You're offended? I get offended too. Get over yourself.

I will not address this issue again so rant on as much as you want.

User avatar
The Noodlist
KVRAF
1673 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from UK

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:29 am

Forgotten wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:47 am
Just wait until he does his Skrewdriver tribute CD next month...
That is uncalled for, Wagtunes mentioned, and as we know, across the pond some words have different meanings. No offence or malice intended, that's clearly the case.

A shortened derivative of the word in question has been used in, Friends, SNL, by Tiger Woods, The Elastik Band and Weird Al Yankovic. None of these were meant to cause offence.

I find the comment about Skrewdriver totally unnecessary.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral:

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
18158 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:35 am

The Noodlist wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:29 am
Forgotten wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:47 am
Just wait until he does his Skrewdriver tribute CD next month...
That is uncalled for, Wagtunes mentioned, and as we know, across the pond some words have different meanings. No offence or malice intended, that's clearly the case.

I find the comment about Skrewdriver totally unnecessary.
A good friend of mine here told me to just ignore the people who I don't get along with. I think it's very good advice. I also think it's time to just put my ignore list back up and that way I don't have to deal with the nastiness anymore.

Thank you for your support.

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
26016 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:03 pm


User avatar
The Noodlist
KVRAF
1673 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from UK

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:31 pm

First, let me get one thing straight, I never, ever condone any discrimination, hatred or similar. I treat all people equally, regardless.

I showed instances from Wikipedia, where a word may have been intended mean something none discriminatory in that country.

I'm stating a misunderstanding, Wags is about making music, not stirring hatred,

There's a derogatory word in America for a gay man, in the UK it's meatballs made from minced off-cuts and offal. Same word different meanings in the UK and America.
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:03 pm
And that makes it ok? :roll:
Never said it was OK, just pointing out some facts. Standing up for an innocent man, where a word may have been taken out of context.

Maybe a change of lyrics would be welcomed.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral:

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
18158 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:42 pm

The Noodlist wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:29 am

There's a derogatory word in America for a gay man, in the UK it's meatballs made from minced off-cuts and offal. Same word different meanings in the UK and America.
I had to look this up. I had no idea. I think that's hysterical. I can imagine the conversation over there.

Man 1: What you having for dinner tonight?
Man 2: Faggots.

I'm sorry but that's just hysterical. :lol:

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
26016 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:45 pm

The Noodlist wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:31 pm
First, let me get one thing straight, I never, ever condone any discrimination, hatred or similar. I treat all people equally, regardless.

I showed instances from Wikipedia, where a word may have been intended mean something none discriminatory in that country.

I'm stating a misunderstanding, Wags is about making music, not stirring hatred,

There's a derogatory word in America for a gay man, in the UK it's meatballs made from minced off-cuts and offal. Same word different meanings in the UK and America.
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:03 pm
And that makes it ok? :roll:
Never said it was OK, just pointing out some facts. Standing up for an innocent man, where a word may have been taken out of context.

Maybe a change of lyrics would be welcomed.
That's exactly why I pointed it out. I was greeted with a torrent of abuse by the OP, followed by a half arsed "apology", then more abuse.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
18158 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:45 pm

The Noodlist wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:31 pm
First, let me get one thing straight, I never, ever condone any discrimination, hatred or similar. I treat all people equally, regardless.

I showed instances from Wikipedia, where a word may have been intended mean something none discriminatory in that country.

I'm stating a misunderstanding, Wags is about making music, not stirring hatred,

There's a derogatory word in America for a gay man, in the UK it's meatballs made from minced off-cuts and offal. Same word different meanings in the UK and America.
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:03 pm
And that makes it ok? :roll:
Never said it was OK, just pointing out some facts. Standing up for an innocent man, where a word may have been taken out of context.

Maybe a change of lyrics would be welcomed.
One last thing. A change of lyrics for this song would be impossible. What rhymes with plastic that would make any sense? Might as well just scrap the song altogether. Sorry, but I don't believe in censorship. In my country we have freedom of speech and I am exercising that right.

And IMO, spastic is a lot less offensive a word than f**k, c**t, shit and all the other crap that I hear in this forum constantly but nobody says anything about.

Little bit hypocritical of some people if you ask me.

Just sayin'.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
58784 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:46 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:42 pm
The Noodlist wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:29 am

There's a derogatory word in America for a gay man, in the UK it's meatballs made from minced off-cuts and offal. Same word different meanings in the UK and America.
I had to look this up. I had no idea. I think that's hysterical. I can imagine the conversation over there.

Man 1: What you having for dinner tonight?
Man 2: Faggots.

I'm sorry but that's just hysterical. :lol:
https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/fannys-f ... -10708110/

Return to “Music Cafe”