Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

Cubase isn't touch-friendly yet, that's a biggie for me...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Lame

A face up tap tempo for gs....😩

Right click, assign automation , move knob, assigned. All it needs immediately imo.
Have you tried Vital?

jens wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:10 pm Cubase isn't touch-friendly yet, that's a biggie for me...
Me too.
At least make the faders multi-touch.
This and another small issue prevent me from making Cubase my main DAW.
Too bad as it is a really great DAW, especially for midi.

All I did was lose track of Steinberg's release schedule for a bit and my Cubase upgrade cost is already $160. If I don't upgrade soon it'll reach at least $200 by the time v10.5 launches.

DrEntropy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:05 pm One thing i would like to see (borrowed from Ableton) is the instrument rack /effect rack concept. ( I don't mean the cubase concept of the same name, i mean where you can combine instruments / effects into one in different ways. Maybe even if they had the frequency splitter thing too from S1 in the FX Chain).
Huge +1 to this!!!

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:35 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:28 amI don’t doubt Studio One can do it all in one but I don’t necessary want that TBH. YMMV obvs ;)
Oh, S1 can only do a fraction of what Cubase can, but - luckily for me - that's the fraction of features that I need :) I always felt overwhelmed by Cubase - it's awesome, but I'm to stupid for it :)
Ditto!

Although I still have Cubase 10 and was with Cubase from the beginning (Pro24) but I can get stuff done in S1 faster, simpler is sometimes better. I think Steinberg lost there way a bit just adding stuff when realy it needed a complete overall of the workflow and GUI to just make stuff more accessible and simpler to set up/find/use (which is I guess what the team who left Cubase did when they write S1!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Tronam wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:41 am All I did was lose track of Steinberg's release schedule for a bit and my Cubase upgrade cost is already $160. If I don't upgrade soon it'll reach at least $200 by the time v10.5 launches.
You could have it upgraded for half price a few months ago :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:47 am
Tronam wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:41 am All I did was lose track of Steinberg's release schedule for a bit and my Cubase upgrade cost is already $160. If I don't upgrade soon it'll reach at least $200 by the time v10.5 launches.
You could have it upgraded for half price a few months ago :shrug:
Maybe next time. 😕

jens wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:10 pm Cubase isn't touch-friendly yet, that's a biggie for me...
Which DAW's are?

Automation is probably much more accurate and easier to do.

felis wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:37 pm
Which DAW's are?
Bitwig. At least that's what people always claim. I assume that it makes some things easier on touch screens, and some things are still very fiddly. Just like with virtually any other app out there.

Multi-touch DAW's:
Studio One
FL Studio
Bitwig
Cakewalk
Hollyhock

All iOS and Surface DAW's

IOS and Touch are both something I coudln't care less about, however I typically focus on stuff the majority of users would want or need.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:24 pm IOS and Touch are both something I coudln't care less about
Same. And, i'm pretty sure that hold true for most other users of desktop DAW's as well. At least at the moment. Who know what will be in 5 or 10 years.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”