d16 announces Godfazer - Advanced modulation unit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WordClock wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:39 pm Right now only Decimort is available for Reason.
Devastor is also available as Rack Extension.

https://d16.pl/rack_extensions

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:44 pm
WordClock wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:39 pm Right now only Decimort is available for Reason.
Devastor is also available as Rack Extension.

https://d16.pl/rack_extensions
Oh yeah that too. I don't like Devastor for my purposes but it makes sense to me to get patternized drums in different flavors like old school drums and also a cool nice 303 emulator only IF it's for reason because I buy lot's of reason stuff sometimes. Known that the $99 dollar unit's often go for half off on there on occasion nearly. ($69-$79 or less)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:21 pm
Orbit-50 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:39 pm
Burillo wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:06 pm
Orbit-50 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:01 pm To me it's sacrilegious. I buy every D16 plugin, but I won't be buying it because of that. Not offended or anything, but I just believe it's stupid that they called it that. A VST plugin doesn't warrant slapping the prefix "God" onto it's name.
what's so special about that prefix?
I happen to be Catholic, and you don't use God's name in vain, in this case, it's to market something. Everybody has a right to do what they want, but I don't like the choice they made to name it as they did, so I wouldn't add it to my plugin collection.
Well, Catholics aren't supposed to take god's name in vain, but that's not a rule/law that applies to the rest of us.
What I'm not understanding is where I said that it was a rule that did apply to "the rest of you". Mushy posted a question that in my eyes, seemed sort of like a poll. I explained why I didn't like the name. Has nothing to do with political correctness or anything else for that matter, other than the fact that I personally do not like it for the reasons I stated. I have a great deal of respect for you guys, but it's just sad that every thread has to be derailed with comments like this. Would have been nice to see people's opinions on this one, whether they liked the name or not, and why. I made the mistake in thinking that it would be just that. Thanks guys.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

:tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Orbit-50 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:05 pm
Orbit-50 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:01 pm To me it's sacrilegious. I buy every D16 plugin, but I won't be buying it because of that. Not offended or anything, but I just believe it's stupid that they called it that. A VST plugin doesn't warrant slapping the prefix "God" onto it's name.
I happen to be Catholic, and you don't use God's name in vain, in this case, it's to market something. Everybody has a right to do what they want, but I don't like the choice they made to name it as they did, so I wouldn't add it to my plugin collection.
Well, Catholics aren't supposed to take god's name in vain, but that's not a rule/law that applies to the rest of us.
What I'm not understanding is where I said that it was a rule that did apply to "the rest of you". Mushy posted a question that in my eyes, seemed sort of like a poll. I explained why I didn't like the name. Has nothing to do with political correctness or anything else for that matter, other than the fact that I personally do not like it for the reasons I stated. I have a great deal of respect for you guys, but it's just sad that every thread has to be derailed with comments like this. Would have been nice to see people's opinions on this one, whether they liked the name or not, and why. I made the mistake in thinking that it would be just that. Thanks guys.
Yeah! Sorry man. I hadn't realised the context, and the way you wrote it made me think you saw it as a universal rule. I can see that isn't the case :hug:

As to my opinions on the plugin: I'm not so big on modulation effects, normally. What does interest me is the amount of filter options it seems to be loaded with. If the price is right, I could see it being a great buy for the filters, and taking the rest as a welcome bonus :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:18 pm
Orbit-50 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:05 pm
Yeah! Sorry man. I hadn't realised the context, and the way you wrote it made me think you saw it as a universal rule. I can see that isn't the case :hug:
Sorry for any confusion and thanks for your understanding man. Means a lot.
Maybe my writing is shit. I need to stop posting stuff here.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

deleted
Last edited by seangm on Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

EDIT: I was sucked back in after a couple beers. Definitely staying out now.
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Who cares about the name :roll:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Gods do not exist. Godfazer does. :phones:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
As to my opinions on the plugin: I'm not so big on modulation effects, normally. What does interest me is the amount of filter options it seems to be loaded with. If the price is right, I could see it being a great buy for the filters, and taking the rest as a welcome bonus :tu:
I hope this plugin will introduce some different sounding filters. The other day when I couldn't match Decimort's LP filter to the RX950's, I compared the filters of a couple of D16 plugins and they all sounded alike to me.

Maybe take a lead from god-fearing Christians everywhere and rename it the Goshfazer.

Unaspected wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:48 pm I don't think that taking the Lord's name/s in vain is associated with use of god or God as an identifier. "God" is not His name. My understanding is more hermetic, in that you would not assume his status and promote your will as His. -If you choose to follow that commandment.

Otherwise, God's names are Elohim, Adonai, YHWH - the Tetragrammaton, etc.

Common use of "God!" as an exclamation does not take His name in vain.

So I don't think that support of this product affirms the breaking of any commandments. You should be perfectly fine with this either way, Orbit-50.
Yes. The word godfather is just a term that is not even neccessarily Christian or even just religious at all. My unbaptized son also has a (totally non-religious) godfather. I have never been baptized. And while my wife had been Catholic (and had been attending a Catholic school run by nuns) she left the Catholic Church ages ago - and nonetheless we of course wanted to have our son's future to be safe and secure in case something would happen to both of us (It's just that we call it differently and the word "god" is not included in the German word for it (Pate/Patin) - would we live in Ireland or the UK or so, we would call it Godfather, for lack of another, prettier word) That "God" sneaked its way into the English word certainly has historical reasons from centuries ago that have no relevance for todays society, unless of course, you a) are Christian and b) have your head firmly up your arse.
That the Catholic church ruled and murdered and raped its way through the medieval Europe and also affected our modern vocabulary, bank holidays, etc. is one thing - to deduce some kind of entitlement of reign over words from this (by demanding to declare which words may be used in what context, even by non-Christians) is a whole other thing. And that's what I hate about religious nutcases so much. They really think they even have the right to judge the lives of non-believers of their own faith by applying their own religious laws. And that's exactly how many wars started: MY faith is THE RIGHT FAITH - yours is not. Obey the laws of my faith or die (= or I won't purchase your products, so ideally (if there'd be enough like me) you go out of business.)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

did this thread actually reach a new level of KVR idiocy or sky is the limit?

Return to “Effects”