Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does Miroslav 2 deserve all the hate it gets on Vi-control? They all say it isn't comparable to modern libraries like Albion One or Hollywood Orchestra. Apparently it sounds closer to those 90s workstation keyboards.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

In the 90s, the original Miroslav library revolutionized film scoring. That isn't hyperbole, it changed everything. For anyone to compare it to something like an SY99 or Triton makes no sense at all.

Does Miroslav 2 deserve all the hate it gets on Vi-control?

Fan boys gonna hate. It is STILL a good library with a plethora of articulations, none of which a workstation ever had.

still on the hunt for albino 3

v1o wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:59 am Does Miroslav 2 deserve all the hate it gets on Vi-control? They all say it isn't comparable to modern libraries like Albion One or Hollywood Orchestra. Apparently it sounds closer to those 90s workstation keyboards.
It is usable but not worth the $400 or so the say is the regular price. I have it and never really use it. It is better than Kontakt's factory library which is actually decent, but not as good as something like EW's Hollywood Orchestra.

And most orchestral libraries can sound like a 90's workstation keyboard if played incorrectly. I do it all the time.

Can somebody please help a newbie to Izotope's ecosystem?

All I've got now is Nectar 3 full version (bought 2nd hand). Just got some spicy deals from Plugin Boutique via email, and from what I see Jrrshop is offering similar goodies - namely MPS3 at a nice price.

MPS 3 is loaded with stuff I wouldn't be using, so is it (still) possible to sell the surplus Nectar 3 license, and all the other stuff I don't plan to register (Expo reverbs, Neutron, Melodyne). Even if I sell them at the fairest prices I can think of, I'd still get Vocalsynth 2, Ozone 9 adv. and Rx7 std. incredibly cheap.

Thanks

kintsugi wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:43 pm Can somebody please help a newbie to Izotope's ecosystem?

All I've got now is Nectar 3 full version (bought 2nd hand). Just got some spicy deals from Plugin Boutique via email, and from what I see Jrrshop is offering similar goodies - namely MPS3 at a nice price.

MPS 3 is loaded with stuff I wouldn't be using, so is it (still) possible to sell the surplus Nectar 3 license, and all the other stuff I don't plan to register (Expo reverbs, Neutron, Melodyne). Even if I sell them at the fairest prices I can think of, I'd still get Vocalsynth 2, Ozone 9 adv. and Rx7 std. incredibly cheap.
This was their answer when I asked them about selling my Elements Suite:

"If you Elements Bundle came in the form of a single serial number, you have to transfer the entire suite at once. If you received four unique serial numbers for each product in the Elements Suite, then you can transfer them individually."

I assume it's the same for MPS3, and I also assume you'll get just one serial for it, but I'm not certain.

dzilizzi wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:02 pm
v1o wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:59 am Does Miroslav 2 deserve all the hate it gets on Vi-control? They all say it isn't comparable to modern libraries like Albion One or Hollywood Orchestra. Apparently it sounds closer to those 90s workstation keyboards.
It is usable but not worth the $400 or so the say is the regular price. I have it and never really use it. It is better than Kontakt's factory library which is actually decent, but not as good as something like EW's Hollywood Orchestra.

And most orchestral libraries can sound like a 90's workstation keyboard if played incorrectly. I do it all the time.
I definitely think Miroslav 2 cant compete with the better orchestral libraries out there - and there are so many these days that it really highlights the problem with Miroslav right now. But you have to judge for yourself what matters to you in workflow, and sound of course. To give it a $500 pricetag is just insane. I own the original Miroslav if anyone wants to buy it from me, I literally never use it ever because I have so much thats superior to it.

If you were a newbie I'd still say save money to buy something like The Orchestra as a first library or Albion One etc if and when it goes on sale again (was recently 40% off and seems to be showing that kind of discount far more these days). Out of interest, why would you consider Miroslav 2?

Sciurus wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:57 pm This was their answer when I asked them about selling my Elements Suite:

"If you Elements Bundle came in the form of a single serial number, you have to transfer the entire suite at once. If you received four unique serial numbers for each product in the Elements Suite, then you can transfer them individually."

I assume it's the same for MPS3, and I also assume you'll get just one serial for it, but I'm not certain.
The two Exponential Audio products are delivered as individual iLok licenses and the IZotope products are a single serial number.

Insanelysane wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:16 pm Out of interest, why would you consider Miroslav 2?
Probably because of the $99 sale price. ;)

Need a quick hint: is Spectrasopnics Omnisphere 2 second hand worth spending EUR 300,- or should i buy it regular for EUR 399,- and be able to resale it if needed??

Dalil260175 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:47 am Need a quick hint: is Spectrasopnics Omnisphere 2 second hand worth spending EUR 300,- or should i buy it regular for EUR 399,- and be able to resale it if needed??
Surely only you can answer that.

Do you intend to sell it in the future? Do you often sell plugins? Is €300 a lot of money to you? Likewise, is €99 a lot of money to you?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:34 am Surely only you can answer that.

Do you intend to sell it in the future? Do you often sell plugins? Is €300 a lot of money to you? Likewise, is €99 a lot of money to you?
Should have ask my question differently :-) Has anybody an idea what's the regular price of Omnisphere 2 second hand? The EUR 300,- seem to me a bit overpriced but unfortunately I didn't see it recently on the 2nd hand market so it's hard for me to compare the price. Has anybody bought it this year? What did you pay?

Spectrasonics products don‘t show up here all that often. The transfer is a bit cumbersome and expensive. And people usually don’t see a reason to part with them. Omniphere is particularly rare. There isn’t really a „regular“ 2nd hand market price.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Dalil260175 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:27 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:34 am Surely only you can answer that.

Should have ask my question differently :-) Has anybody an idea what's the regular price of Omnisphere 2 second hand? The EUR 300,- seem to me a bit overpriced but unfortunately I didn't see it recently on the 2nd hand market so it's hard for me to compare the price. Has anybody bought it this year? What did you pay?
Ah ok, gotcha. Between 250 and 300 has been the price I’ve seen them go for here.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”