Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Dalil260175
KVRist
66 posts since 18 Feb, 2015

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:27 pm

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:34 pm
Surely only you can answer that.

Do you intend to sell it in the future? Do you often sell plugins? Is €300 a lot of money to you? Likewise, is €99 a lot of money to you?
Should have ask my question differently :-) Has anybody an idea what's the regular price of Omnisphere 2 second hand? The EUR 300,- seem to me a bit overpriced but unfortunately I didn't see it recently on the 2nd hand market so it's hard for me to compare the price. Has anybody bought it this year? What did you pay?

mgw38
KVRAF
2077 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:55 pm

Spectrasonics products don‘t show up here all that often. The transfer is a bit cumbersome and expensive. And people usually don’t see a reason to part with them. Omniphere is particularly rare. There isn’t really a „regular“ 2nd hand market price.

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
12772 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:09 pm

Dalil260175 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:27 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:34 pm
Surely only you can answer that.

Do you intend to sell it in the future? Do you often sell plugins? Is €300 a lot of money to you? Likewise, is €99 a lot of money to you?
Should have ask my question differently :-) Has anybody an idea what's the regular price of Omnisphere 2 second hand? The EUR 300,- seem to me a bit overpriced but unfortunately I didn't see it recently on the 2nd hand market so it's hard for me to compare the price. Has anybody bought it this year? What did you pay?
Ah ok, gotcha. Between 250 and 300 has been the price I’ve seen them go for here.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

LoveEnigma18
KVRian
1145 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:36 am

mgw38 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:55 pm
Spectrasonics products don‘t show up here all that often. The transfer is a bit cumbersome and expensive. And people usually don’t see a reason to part with them. Omniphere is particularly rare. There isn’t really a „regular“ 2nd hand market price.
+1
Dalil260175 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:47 pm
Need a quick hint: is Spectrasopnics Omnisphere 2 second hand worth spending EUR 300,- or should i buy it regular for EUR 399,- and be able to resale it if needed??
I am not into Spectrasonics, but if I ever wanted to buy anything Spectrasonics, I would buy them new, either at their shop or a dealer. Bestservice has it for a little cheap, for example. You could wait for Black Friday to see if they do any sale.

Ryan99
KVRian
706 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:43 am

And if there's an upgrade, you might pay higher as a second-hand buyer than if you buy an original copy.

Fleer
KVRAF
4606 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:45 am

Ryan99 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:43 am
And if there's an upgrade, you might pay higher as a second-hand buyer than if you buy an original copy.
Good point indeed :tu:

Dalil260175
KVRist
66 posts since 18 Feb, 2015

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:47 am

Ryan99 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:43 am
I didn't know that. Then it's obviously not worth saving only 25% but having a NFR copy and paying more for updates. Thanks for the info.

Calenberger
KVRist
321 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 am

Some developers are successful in killing off the second hand market ...
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.
At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum.

Ryan99
KVRian
706 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:24 am

From their website:

Can a license-transferred Spectrasonics Virtual Instrument be upgraded and updated?
Yes, of course! All license-transferred Spectrasonics Instruments are eligible for both upgrades and updates, but not necessarily all the same special upgrade pricing offers for major new versions. Please note that purchasing an instrument new from an authorized Spectrasonics dealer is the only way to retain the complete access to all of our special upgrade offers.

Kurdish Mayfield
KVRist
119 posts since 9 Mar, 2011

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:59 am

v1o wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:59 pm
Does Miroslav 2 deserve all the hate it gets on Vi-control? They all say it isn't comparable to modern libraries like Albion One or Hollywood Orchestra. Apparently it sounds closer to those 90s workstation keyboards.
I saw some of that conversation. Go back and listen to the examples that a few posters put up. Then dont listen to the noise and decide for yourself. I think its a great bargain for a new composer to have in their quiver. Certainly its a bit long in the tooth but youll be layering and some sounds still stand strong on their own

bk
KVRian
1498 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from Indianapolis

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Hey Uncle E, how long will the McDSP sale run?

dandezebra
KVRian
1272 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:03 pm

Doesn't guitar center do a coupon occasionally that helps with Spectrasonics products since they do not go on sale?

commodore
KVRist
356 posts since 19 Feb, 2013

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:10 pm

dandezebra wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:03 pm
Doesn't guitar center do a coupon occasionally that helps with Spectrasonics products since they do not go on sale?
Yes, I was able to use a 10% or 15% coupon when I bought the "boxed" version.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1182 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:58 pm

commodore wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:10 pm
dandezebra wrote:
They don't always allow the discount on Spectrasonics stuff. I did get to use it to buy Omnisphere but because it is a boxed item an I live in California, I got charged tax that almost wiped out my savings. Kind of sucked. What really is bad is you get this box with a funky dongle/drive, but it is not the product. It only allows you to get the product, which downloads from their website. Digital products are not taxable in California. So you're paying tax on what is basically a nontaxable product.

Sorry, the rant came out. :)

WatchTheGuitar
KVRist
176 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:38 pm

dzilizzi wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:58 pm
commodore wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:10 pm
dandezebra wrote:
They don't always allow the discount on Spectrasonics stuff. I did get to use it to buy Omnisphere but because it is a boxed item an I live in California, I got charged tax that almost wiped out my savings. Kind of sucked. What really is bad is you get this box with a funky dongle/drive, but it is not the product. It only allows you to get the product, which downloads from their website. Digital products are not taxable in California. So you're paying tax on what is basically a nontaxable product.

Sorry, the rant came out. :)
Andertons sold me a B-Stock copy of Trilian for £150 because the box - which I didn't care about - was damaged. :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”