If The Major DAW Developers Said They Were Dropping Support For Mac OS...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:50 am
tooneba wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:17 am -> Google: apple banned products flight
...and this is related to this discussion...how...?
Nice try kid but just quote everything if you really mean it.

Again, this thread is a work of art :lol:

It's like the roller coaster that ends derailed.

The motor is strong enough to push derailed coasters and already carried us 22 pages..

reggie1979 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:48 am Again, this thread is a work of art :lol:

It's like the roller coaster that ends derailed.
Hall Of Fame Thread right here.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

tooneba wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:34 am
Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:50 am
tooneba wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:17 am -> Google: apple banned products flight
...and this is related to this discussion...how...?
Nice try kid but just quote everything if you really mean it.
The question still stands, and yes - I do mean it.

To answer the OPs question:

- It would be a very good signal to an extremely arrogant acting company, the exactly right signal
- Apple is lost away with this attitude, and so are its users
- Apple should be treated just like it treats its customers, so really badly and unrespectfully, only looking for own advantages

To Apple:
- Stop to exploit your customers, only because they are dependent on you and have no choice. These customers gave you a lot trust in advance by choosing macos as operating system for their very own computers, and you act like you do not deserve this trust. This is monopoly.
- Stop developers forcing to join Apple dev program
- Stop deprecating common standards, and if you do so, provide a wrapper for Windows and/or macos
- Stop to betray your customers with lied repair requirements
- Stop to betray your customers with suddenly ended hardware support
- Stop building your machines in the way it can't be repaired anymore
- Stop polluting our world for no reason other than greed for profit
- Stop pretending you were green
- Stop to think in closed-platform style, realize your own roots of success instead
- Stop to transform macos into iOS, that makes no sense at all
- Stop to bloat your system with tons of non essential services
- Stop forcing users to upgrade, stop deprecating software all the time, mostly without technical reason even
- Stop thinking you had a right to get control over the users' storages, computer and data
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thank god Microsoft, the alternative, are a charity otherwise some of the folks on this thread would be f**ked.

Microsoft is well known to make fancy design :hihi: Layers of various fancy design :clown: 90s design, mixed with 2030s design. Actually it is a mess, but look at the recent macos Catalina design. They seem to copy only the "best" from Microsoft, now. Also, my 2002 plugins still work on Windows and I don't have a period of suffering every year anymore.

samsam wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:43 am Thank god Microsoft, the alternative, are a charity otherwise some of the folks on this thread would be f**ked.
Do you "really" want to go that path? :roll:

It's not a matter of being "a charity". It's just a matter of having some respect for the customers, and not being so greedy. It's easy to understand for anyone that's not a fanatic. I talk as someone that even started in macOS before using Windows, and kept using both systems up to today (more than 30 years and counting).
Fernando (FMR)

Not gonna argue with you, keep your rolling eyes to yourself.

Most companies suck including apple and ms. Your long experience with apple is irrelevant to that point.

And you call me fanatic , you the guy who shits on apple in every f**king thread? Reflect Fernando, reflect. Then leave my ass alone.

I don't defend apple, I attack the lunatics that spout BS in the Mac threads I'm reading for information.

30 years of experience (and counting!) yet Finder still crashes for you. Joder tio.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:08 am Microsoft is well known to make fancy design :hihi: Layers of various fancy design :clown: 90s design, mixed with 2030s design. Actually it is a mess, but look at the recent macos Catalina design. They seem to copy only the "best" from Microsoft, now. Also, my 2002 plugins still work on Windows and I don't have a period of suffering every year anymore.
Sometimes apple copies the best of ms, sometimes the worst as it seems that Catalina is a bit of a Vista moment. Luckily, I don't have to upgrade so presumably at some point it's safe.

Couldn't care less about using shit 2002 plugins though, who wants to hear crap code? ;)

samsam wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:00 am 30 years of experience (and counting!) yet Finder still crashes for you. Joder tio.
It doesn't "still crash". The weirdness started with the latest iMac I bought. And it isn't a "crash"... but anyway... Are you somehow implying that's my fault? :roll: It's documented on the Net, you know?

BTW: I wish that was the only problem I have with my Macs. :hihi:
Last edited by fmr on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

samsam wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:48 am I don't defend apple, I attack the lunatics that spout BS in the Mac threads I'm reading for information.
It’s amazing that someone actually has to point out the incredibly obvious to people who are obsessed with the notion that anyone who has a counter argument must be an obsessive fanatic wedged firmly at one extreme end of opinion.

These threads have been a complete waste of space as they’ve proven to be nothing more than platforms for whining about things that can’t be changed and obsessively bashing a company they don’t like and the people who use their products.

Hm, I actually do not think that old code necessarily is worse. I quite often I have the impression that the new generation of coding lost a bit the ability to optimise and being creative, doing something really new. Also due a hell of abstraction layers, it might lead in the same result, only with a potency of more cpu usage, plus much more bugs. Also I do not think that aliasing is bad in any case, actually I like it often, even as stylistic element. And so on. I believe, if you think about it a bit, you can find various good reasons for keeping old plugins alive.

Also with an old plugin I might be able to do an unison of 900 voices with 1024x polyphony, while I only can use 10x unison / 5x polyphony in the recent version :wink:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”