Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I really think 1440P is the best middle ground resolution this moment in time. 4K isn't suitable for lots of plugins and 1080P is just a tad on the small side. Especially with something like Avenger. Which doesn't scale "pretty" to lower sizes and is very crowded.
msvs wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:35 am well, is this so? I really dont know. Sure, you get statistics, saying that 21% still use 1080p (and 22% is "other", wonder what other is). But you have to divide again here: how many of this 21% is purely office... grandmas computer, or whatever. I am pretty sure, the percentage is studios and among gamers with a better resolution is much much higher. :ud:
The main (Global) most used resolution is STILL 1080P. Also under gamers (63,47%). Even under multi-display set-ups most people are using 3840x1080 (74,76%)
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey ... e-to-Steam <--- ofcourse this is not the whole story, but it defo is a good reference, since MANY gamers use Steam.
Only a small amount of gamers is using 4K (1,78%), as you can see. The second used size is 1366 x 768

I'm just waiting for the plugins to catch up to use the max of my graphics card: 7680×4320. I wonder how big the plugins can become? :). 80 inch screen, massive dials.. Currently, I'm running 1260 or 1440 on each monitor (dual monitor set up) and its fine, but I'll upgrade to a 3rd monitor since I like a separate page for large meters. Maybe I can run a 4k in the middle and have the plugins that cant handle 4k currently, open in another monitor. I use all of Vengeance's plugins often, I used Stereo Matrix yesterday :), so I am a fan. Can't wait for 1.5...

I´m running Cubase, but Steinberg didn´t get it manged that with Windows the High-Resolution ist possible, maybe with 10.5
the same with NI: where is it scalable?
so that are reasons, and not only the money, why I´m still on 1080P, no need for 4K, as I posted above, but just for 1 VSTi?
The main (Global) most used resolution is STILL 1080P
that I believe too
and when I ask in a german forum or my friends, they are also still on 1080P but with DAW mostly with a 2nd monitor for the VSTi and on the main for the DAW

Ryan99 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:16 am Can you please guys stay respectful. If you don’t agree with Manuel, please stay polite. Consider this a friendly warning before I think of reporting to a moderator...

Private Ryan, do what you think have to do, and if it makes you happy :roll:

No offense against manuel or the other group but i dont think vps will make a new skin for 1080p users.... the discussion is already since over? A year... i can work with avenger even with a 1080p monitor. Not optimal but ok. It is better than those tiny old plugins which didnt get updated from other companies.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:05 pm No offense against manuel or the other group but i dont think vps will make a new skin for 1080p users.... the discussion is already since over? A year... i can work with avenger even with a 1080p monitor. Not optimal but ok. It is better than those tiny old plugins which didnt get updated from other companies.
well..that's true. But misinformation/wrong thoughts isn't the right way to defend your product.
So..with statistics we can show that what he thinks is incorrect. That he wants to leave the plugin the way it, is fine by me.

I've bought an WHQL monitor especially for Avenger and still need to downscale the ui < 100% with the same font issues you all have reported. I thouhgt, this is only a problem running on my maschine - so I would be glad to have sharper fonts and everything is fine ;-) I agree with you, that most plugins aren't scaleable yet - this is also true for newer plugins (e.g. Texture). It's okay under 1440p but could be to tiny under 4k...just my 50 cents...

BTW: Will the 1.5.0 update free also for new customers or does it mean, the update from 1.4.10 to 1.5.0 will be free???

kaju74 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:49 pm I've bought an WHQL monitor especially for Avenger and still need to downscale the ui < 100% with the same font issues you all have reported. I thouhgt, this is only a problem running on my maschine - so I would be glad to have sharper fonts and everything is fine ;-) I agree with you, that most plugins aren't scaleable yet - this is also true for newer plugins (e.g. Texture). It's okay under 1440p but could be to tiny under 4k...just my 50 cents...

BTW: Will the 1.5.0 update free also for new customers or does it mean, the update from 1.4.10 to 1.5.0 will be free???
title of the thread;

Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.5.0 update soon!

...I've asked, cause I read a post that could imagine, 1.5 will be free for all...;-)

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:25 am Nice, the policeman is here.
Sadly, it's necessary when people are adressing someone like they talk to a dog. You can politely disagree with someone. No need to bash and insult. For those it's too much asking, you belong elsewhere.

I disagreed with Manuel many times, but it's no reason to insult him.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:31 am ... the majority simply uses 1080p.
The majority of what? Yes, the majority of humans, but how do you know the majority of producers use 1080p? I hardly think so.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

well, even if 99% of the world would use 540p, its still reality, that Avenger is designed for bigger resolutions and it need (at least) 1080p, better 1440p. These are the requirements. No secret and no offense. I remember, my Computer had too less RAM to start Wing Commander. The dev could have redesigned some game graphics, so that it would have worked with my 2MB 386PC... but they didnt. How dare they. :evil: Well, to stay serious: regarding sharpening the fonts, fact is that I have been told by Rene that this is the best he can offer atm. I am no Coder, so I have to accept this.

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:10 pm
The majority of what? Yes, the majority of humans, but how do you know the majority of producers use 1080p? I hardly think so.
A lot of producers use notebook computers. And saying that Avenger is sub-optimal on a small screen (no matter what the resolution) is an understatement. It is certainly a powerful instrument with a poorly implemented GUI. Compare it with Zebra and Rapid.

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:10 pm
Obviously anecdotal, but the most common reply I got when asking for adding / fixing high-DPI support for different DAWs was "DAW X is not for drawing graphics, why you need high resolution!?" :)

I really think most use 1080p screens, especially in 2+ screens setup.

Heck, I myself got a 1080p laptop after struggling for a 2 years on a Surface Pro 4, where each DAW - perhaps except for Bitwig - had its unique issues with high-DPI.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

msvs wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:18 pm well, even if 99% of the world would use 540p, its still reality, that Avenger is designed for bigger resolutions and it need (at least) 1080p, better 1440p. These are the requirements. No secret and no offense. I remember, my Computer had too less RAM to start Wing Commander. The dev could have redesigned some game graphics, so that it would have worked with my 2MB 386PC... but they didnt. How dare they. :evil: Well, to stay serious: regarding sharpening the fonts, fact is that I have been told by Rene that this is the best he can offer atm. I am no Coder, so I have to accept this.
fair enough, i would say :tu:

It's really counterproductive using 1080p and lower when working in a DAW. Of course, this is my opinion, but how many track lanes do you fit in the viewport without the need of scrolling or resizing the track lanes? I have a 1600p monitor, though 21:9 aspect ratio. As soon as a 21:9 monitor with 2160p is released, I will buy it.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”