Kushview Element plugin host

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Element

acid alex wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:37 am Hi, no I wasn't running in 32-bit mode. If I clear/remove the red items and rescan them they are still not recognised and appear red in the list again.
Very strange. I'll have a look at this ASAP: https://github.com/kushview/Element/issues/32

kushview wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:42 am
acid alex wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:37 am Hi, no I wasn't running in 32-bit mode. If I clear/remove the red items and rescan them they are still not recognised and appear red in the list again.
Very strange. I'll have a look at this ASAP: https://github.com/kushview/Element/issues/32
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

I've been looking into getting a plugin-hosting solution for a while. I was tending towards Bidule, but think it might be overkill for my needs. I did look at your host, but was put off by all the different versions and licensing options. But it's a shame that it didn't work out.

I am a little confused about what the current situation means. Is the GitHub version the full-PRO experience? Is it open for other contributors, and to what extent are you going to still remain involved. My main concern is whether it will keep being maintained, at least as concerns OS compatibility (As a MacOS user it is important for me to not get too 'invested' in a project that might just disappear for Mac users because of the hassles of maintaining OS compatibility).

Speaking of investment, do you have a Patreon page?

current version on GitHub is the pro version, and yes, they do have a Pateron (search for Kushview).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:02 pm current version on GitHub is the pro version, and yes, they do have a Pateron (search for Kushview).
Thanks! I clicked on a link in the Github that I thought was for Patreon, but it linked to another GH page and listed two patrons :)

Anyway! Just found it on Patreon. The minimum tier is too much for me as an ongoing concern, but if the program works well for me, I'd certainly consider jumping in for a few months :tu:

Cheers!

I think the minimum tier is $1, and you can get it from GitHub as well.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:07 pm
Burillo wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:02 pm current version on GitHub is the pro version, and yes, they do have a Pateron (search for Kushview).
Thanks! I clicked on a link in the Github that I thought was for Patreon, but it linked to another GH page and listed two patrons :)

Anyway! Just found it on Patreon. The minimum tier is too much for me as an ongoing concern, but if the program works well for me, I'd certainly consider jumping in for a few months :tu:

Cheers!
Min tier is $5, but at checkout can change it to $1. Maybe I should just put a 1$ option at the top???

kushview wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:13 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Cheers!
Min tier is $5, but at checkout can change it to $1. Maybe I should just put a 1$ option at the top???
Thanks! $1 Will try out the plugin. Also, not sure if you missed my previous post. Would be good to get an idea of where you think this will be with regard to future compatibility. Cheers :tu:

Is the OSX version still at 0.39? In my account I don't see a 0.40 build for OSX...

Maybe this could be an opportunity to learn how to compile it myself. I have a plan and idea to create a plugin that requires to load vst/au as well. This seems to be the ideal candidate to study. I do have Xcode and Juce installed but would need a step by step instruction for dummies how to simply compile a project like Element from the downloaded project. (I know how to unzip it, but that's about it...)
Where to place the extracted folder, how to open it in Xcode or Projucer, what kind of error messages to be expected and so on...
The building.md only mentions Linux/Debian...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:40 pm Is the OSX version still at 0.39? In my account I don't see a 0.40 build for OSX...

Maybe this could be an opportunity to learn how to compile it myself. I have a plan and idea to create a plugin that requires to load vst/au as well. This seems to be the ideal candidate to study. I do have Xcode and Juce installed but would need a step by step instruction for dummies how to simply compile a project like Element from the downloaded project. (I know how to unzip it, but that's about it...)
Where to place the extracted folder, how to open it in Xcode or Projucer, what kind of error messages to be expected and so on...
The building.md only mentions Linux/Debian...
0.40.0 should be there but I might have made a mistake updating the site backend.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:00 pm ...
am a little confused about what the current situation means. Is the GitHub version the full-PRO experience? Is it open for other contributors, and to what extent are you going to still remain involved. My main concern is whether it will keep being maintained, at least as concerns OS compatibility (As a MacOS user it is important for me to not get too 'invested' in a project that might just disappear for Mac users because of the hassles of maintaining OS compatibility).
The github version indeed is the full version. I certainly will keep the project maintained and involved as the creator/lead dev. I do most of my work on a Mac, so no worries there. Element is advertised as Mac / PC support and will keep both up to date. Full Linux/LV2/Jack support is also on the way and shall not be ignored too.

kushview wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:16 am Definitely not stopping! I treat this stuff like an art form. https://github.com/kushview/element/ for anybody interested.
It's a superb piece of software. I haven't had the time to give it the attention it warrants, but it's done the job here and there where needed.

It definitely fills a hole! And I bet most anyone would find a good use for it if they are of the kind that like to experiment or just push things a bit further.

It's most definitely a work of art - that has not gone unnoticed.

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:40 pm The building.md only mentions Linux/Debian...
I'd like to have a go at compiling this also. Following the linux instructions did not work, complained about missing lv2, which is a linux thing.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Dewdman42 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:52 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:40 pm The building.md only mentions Linux/Debian...
I'd like to have a go at compiling this also. Following the linux instructions did not work, complained about missing lv2, which is a linux thing.
LV2 works perfectly fine on OSX if you have the libraries installed.
https://github.com/drobilla - serd, sord, sratom, lilv, and suil are simple to install.

Keep an eye on the master branch on github as I'm currently in the process of adding some Projucer projects to Mac/PC developers that have trouble with waf.

kushview wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:54 am
Dewdman42 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:52 am
LV2 works perfectly fine on OSX if you have the libraries installed.
https://github.com/drobilla - serd, sord, sratom, lilv, and suil are simple to install.

Keep an eye on the master branch on github as I'm currently in the process of adding some Projucer projects to Mac/PC developers that have trouble with waf.
Oh.. and if you do take a stab at waf on OSX again. you'll also need pkg-config which is available from homebrew. just google "homebrew osx" if you don't know what it is.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”