So, anyone still using Novation V-Station?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V-Station

Markku wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:04 pm ...aand my problem is solved! Marco Scherer, Beat's resident content creation genius / musician solved it -- there was some changes since 2016 and they caused havoc. But now I have V-Station working!
About to buy the Beat issue. Did registration work out ok? Also wondering if I could just buy the issue off the iOS app and download the installer from Novation. Maybe I'll get lucky. :D

Good morning KVRs,
I love my V-Station but would like to import some different patches...the sound-files are in .fxp format...I've tried the import page but this function seems to be for A or K-station created sounds only...I've searched the internet but struggle to find an answer...please help

by the first page, i'm appalled at the quality of conversation on this site. these posts feel compelled rather than gratuitous.

as a gratuitous poster, it's my impression that bumping up against compelled posters has increased the quality of my writing, and reaction time, or rather, my ability to problem solve and process information on the spot. look at the number of posts these obviously compelled posters have, thousands, all added up across multiple threads of easy to spot, or rather easy to believe that's what they are, compelled posts, you'll find a hundred thousand or more posts by compelled posters, maybe hundreds of thousands if you really stuck your neck out seeking them. for someone who doesn't notice, it feels like you're not getting attention because a.) you're not writing as much as they seem to be b.) they already know each other very well, and you're a new comer c.) they find you intimidating because you've been dealing with a+b for so long, you've broken off completely from the conversation and become your own entertainment, and now your responding to them as if they were simple, but rereading your posts because you're impressed with yourself, and amazed at what you've just written.

what constitutes a compelled post: lazy list
attacking a company or promoting one
bottle necking advancement, because one group wants to control the scene
buying into the hype
being a sheep
not sure what else but i know there's more
oh, personal attacks as a force of habit.

klaatugort wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:32 am by the first page, i'm appalled at the quality of conversation on this site. these posts feel compelled rather than gratuitous.

as a gratuitous poster, it's my impression that bumping up against compelled posters has increased the quality of my writing, and reaction time, or rather, my ability to problem solve and process information on the spot. look at the number of posts these obviously compelled posters have, thousands, all added up across multiple threads of easy to spot, or rather easy to believe that's what they are, compelled posts, you'll find a hundred thousand or more posts by compelled posters, maybe hundreds of thousands if you really stuck your neck out seeking them. for someone who doesn't notice, it feels like you're not getting attention because a.) you're not writing as much as they seem to be b.) they already know each other very well, and you're a new comer c.) they find you intimidating because you've been dealing with a+b for so long, you've broken off completely from the conversation and become your own entertainment, and now your responding to them as if they were simple, but rereading your posts because you're impressed with yourself, and amazed at what you've just written.

buying into the hype
being a sheep
Soooo... you're selling some kind of course on not being a "compelled poster"? This comes off as some sort of spam, but I don't see any links. :shrug:

"compelled poster"
More like a "complete to$%er"...
...anyway...
Does somebody on here know how to import .fxp patches into the V-Station?

pewepro wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:39 am Does somebody on here know how to import .fxp patches into the V-Station?
In FL Studio it's in the wrapper settings of the loaded plugin:
v.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

klaatugort wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:32 am by the first page, i'm appalled at the quality of conversation on this site. these posts feel compelled rather than gratuitous.

buying into the hype
being a sheep
I think your shift key is broken.

BAAAAAH

Chamar wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:08 pm
pewepro wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:39 am Does somebody on here know how to import .fxp patches into the V-Station?
In FL Studio it's in the wrapper settings of the loaded plugin:

v.jpg
Thanks for the hint.
Cubase has NO issues reading the soundfile...
...NO chance in LOGIC or ProTools...
Damn!!!
I found 1 soundset which had the sounds in MIDI and I had NO problems importing them into ProTools 8 LE.
Would love to find out if I can save them in a Cubase session in MIDI sysex format...unlikely thou

pewepro wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:53 am Thanks for the hint.
Cubase has NO issues reading the soundfile...
...NO chance in LOGIC or ProTools...
Damn!!!
I found 1 soundset which had the sounds in MIDI and I had NO problems importing them into ProTools 8 LE.
Would love to find out if I can save them in a Cubase session in MIDI sysex format...unlikely thou
Sometimes the presets are made with a newer version of the V-Station and don't load... so make sure that you got the latest release.

I'll tell you what. V-station could do with a new browser and a new skin.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

The filter qwacking when the EG's are at 0% is also quite annoying. Probably the only thing keeping me from using it more..it does disappear somewhat when you apply enveloppes but this is by design and part of the "liquid" sound.

v1o wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:49 am I'll tell you what. V-station could do with a new browser and a new skin.
I think it's safe to say that that won't happen.
yul wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:30 pm The filter qwacking when the EG's are at 0% is also quite annoying. Probably the only thing keeping me from using it more..it does disappear somewhat when you apply enveloppes but this is by design and part of the "liquid" sound.
Yeah, pisses me off every time i want to create a pluck with it too. :lol:

You know what i even could imagine? That it's a design flaw, and the marketing department thought "So what... it gives it that special character, so we'll keep it.".

I'd be really interested if that quacking is also there on the K-Station. Sounds like the envelope attack is triggered differently on every note.

chk071 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:49 pm You know what i even could imagine? That it's a design flaw, and the marketing department thought "So what... it gives it that special character, so we'll keep it.".
So the noisy sine and the out-of-host-tempo arp are also "specials"? ;)

We need somebody how makes a V-Station 2019 or something with more polyphony and maybe 3 envelopes (vol,filter,mod env).

Novation should do software again. :)

On the other hand, realistically, they probably do well enough with their hardware to not have to develop software. And, it would be hard to compete against the armada of soft synths out there.

Would be interesting if they made a software Ultranova, though. It's out long enough now, and the original Ultranova is not even being sold anymore, so, why not. :)

Return to “Instruments”