Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

cheers
will try again :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

cool
i must have missed it
thanx = kev
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I'm running a 48 hour flash sale for my Dark Avenger skins.
To get a discount of 30% off, just enter the discount code "gimme30" (without the quotes and no spaces) in the purchase form.
You can purchase my skins on my website at https://stefken.wixsite.com/skins.

Skins are the following:

Dark Avenger - Blue

DAB1-1200.jpg

Dark Avenger - Cyanide

DAC1-1200.jpg

Dark Avenger - Original

DAO1-1200.jpg

The skins will get an update when Avenger 1.5 comes around. You will then receive a free update in your mailbox.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I notice that avenger do not so good ambience/pad sounds as art pyrite because avenger miss some full ambience master effects.avenger have good effects i think, so i have done a short version and a long version for master effect. this i think give good sounds as pyrite can do and of course lots more features.
ambience avenger master effects.zip
EDIT: I think it is a usefull feature if it is possible to lock the master effects so can change preset and master effects stay same. omnisphere and other have such a lock button too.

EDIT2: ambience is not the correct name for the effects because reverbs also have ambience called presets, but this presets make only the sound a little fuller. this effect i upload make a sound full width and sound as there are rear speakers and surround system. maybe better name is athmosphere or virtual surround for the effects.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by magicmusic on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Come on :) you have several Reverb FX... AA Reverb (great for big spaces!), V-Verb or Impulse (which can load any IR!)
You have all options of routing, for example Send FX (Reverb or Delay) can be routet in a seperate FX Bus, where the Reverb Tail for example can be further processed with Chorus, Phaser or Compressors. If that is not enough, then I dont know. Checked your two presets... I dont know what you tried to achieve but they sound a bit "metal" like and unnatural, due to phase overlappings of the ExpanderFX and strange reverb settings. (checked with an INIT Saw)

edit: Locking FX Busses could destroy entire presets and make them sound strange. The FX Busses are part of the preset and has to be loaded with the preset in order to make it sound as intended.

msvs wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:18 pm regarding sharpening the fonts, fact is that I have been told by Rene that this is the best he can offer atm. I am no Coder, so I have to accept this.
I'm not a proper coder either, but in all honesty it's not even that hard to understand why many people consider the text not as good or sharp as you would expect from devs as experienced as you.
Maybe it's a downside of refusing to even look at how other designers approach this issue, and having your head so deep in your own philosophy that you can't notice something that in other users' eyes (who are exposed to many different products) is glaring.
There is always room for improvement, but as long as you are not open for other options there will be always a wall that can't be surpassed, and one of the many offenders in this case is the unhappy decision of making some texts narrow, bold, choosing a font that doesn't support good aliasing, on top of that using shadows with the illusion that they will actually help making the text "pop" (they don't). Experimenting different options also helps, and it's quite strange because at some point you definitely came across one good combination.
Get a better cover, and more people will get to know how good the book is. Just a friendly advice from an actual customer.

Regards

@Manuel, will this feature can be added in future update:

- Note break point in the arp module. So that the arpeggiated note range will be maintained in specific range like (from C2 - B2) even if we play a lower octaves.

- A Midi function in the mod matrix to control 'Auto break' or to allow Arp Index to jump to previous index -> helpful for auto fill ins.

magicmusic wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:16 pm I notice that avenger do not so good ambience/pad sounds as art pyrite because avenger miss some full ambience master effects.avenger have good effects i think, so i have done a short version and a long version for master effect. this i think give good sounds as pyrite can do and of course lots more features.

EDIT: I think it is a usefull feature if it is possible to lock the master effects so can change preset and master effects stay same. omnisphere and other have such a lock button too.
The only thing I feel Avenger is actually missing is multiband processing, a workaround could be routing oscillators to multiple fx sends and equalizing them for each band, but somehow it's not possible.
Manuel, please correct me if if there is a solution.

@noiseboyuk

Separate outs works a treat now.
Complicated to set up all the routings and mutes, but quite doable.
Help appreciated :)
kev

msvs wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:29 pm Come on :) you have several Reverb FX... AA Reverb (great for big spaces!), V-Verb or Impulse (which can load any IR!)
You have all options of routing, for example Send FX (Reverb or Delay) can be routet in a seperate FX Bus, where the Reverb Tail for example can be further processed with Chorus, Phaser or Compressors. If that is not enough, then I dont know. Checked your two presets... I dont know what you tried to achieve but they sound a bit "metal" like and unnatural, due to phase overlappings of the ExpanderFX and strange reverb settings. (checked with an INIT Saw)

edit: Locking FX Busses could destroy entire presets and make them sound strange. The FX Busses are part of the preset and has to be loaded with the preset in order to make it sound as intended.
the effects give on speaker and headphone the feeling as you have a surround system with rear speakers. here is link to art pyrite so you can hear for which sounds it is usefull. mostly for granular or pads with not so much high frequency https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4t9ts7NaQQ&t=249s

my prefered music genre is symphonic metal and i like metal sounding. :D
maybe other like it too.

phreaque wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:55 pm @Manuel, will this feature can be added in future update:

- Note break point in the arp module. So that the arpeggiated note range will be maintained in specific range like (from C2 - B2) even if we play a lower octaves.

- A Midi function in the mod matrix to control 'Auto break' or to allow Arp Index to jump to previous index -> helpful for auto fill ins.
there is already a ARP Range, check out lower right corner in the ARP

tapekiller wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:57 pm
magicmusic wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:16 pm I notice that avenger do not so good ambience/pad sounds as art pyrite because avenger miss some full ambience master effects.avenger have good effects i think, so i have done a short version and a long version for master effect. this i think give good sounds as pyrite can do and of course lots more features.

The only thing I feel Avenger is actually missing is multiband processing, a workaround could be routing oscillators to multiple fx sends and equalizing them for each band, but somehow it's not possible.
maybe they can add a VST slot effect in avenger. revalver from peavey or axiom from blue cat audio can add vst effects

@Tapekiller
sure, but we simply have no priority on the fonts at the moment. There are TONS of things to do on our list (atm 1.5.) which have much more priority. Furthermore why cant someone accept, that we sell a program which is made for high resolution screens? Its simply not meant to be used on small screens. :borg: It wont look so much better with sharper fonts anyways, its all still tiny as hell. But the philosophy was to NOT have subpages or a cluttered workflow. We dont like that. So we made a decision for a bigger GUI and we stay behind this decision. We have a demoversion to try out before buy, if the size suits for you.

magicmusic wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:39 pm
tapekiller wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:57 pm

maybe they can add a VST slot effect in avenger. revalver from peavey or axiom from blue cat audio can add vst effects
a sub routing would be thinkable... A insert FX which divides the signal into 3 bands and each band can be routet to another BUS... well another thing for our long feature to do list... :party:

Return to “Instruments”