Massive X v1.1.0 has been released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a quick heads-up that the 1.1.0 update was released today incl. an update to the Factory library. Can't see the size now but it was roughly ~800 MB. Changelog:
1.1.0 — 2019-10-31
MASSIVE X is only available as AAX, AU, VST Plug-ins in this version. MASSIVE X requires an AVX compatible CPU to install and run. The MASSIVE X Factory Library is a separate installation, be sure to install via NATIVE ACCESS.
ADDED Exciter, Amp and Mod Envelope displays reflect their actual state and respond to user input
ADDED UI Themes (Default, Dark, Light, Flat Default, Flat Dark, Flat Light). The flat themes increase compatibility with older graphic cards
ADDED New factory presets now have a separate section / type in Browser
ADDED Rise/Fall parameter in both LFO Switcher and LFO Random Envelope displays the actual parameter state and responds to user input
ADDED Grid labels to the Tracker
ADDED Full manual available as a download
FIXED Preset name is now saved with host project
FIXED Loading Massive X on systems with Intel integrated graphics (HD 3000, and other older cards) should not crash the host anymore
FIXED Clicking Previous/Next Preset in Massive X UI, when there are no user presets saved, does not crash the host anymore
FIXED AfterTouch (AT) and PitchBend (PB) labels and 1:1 assignments are now correctly saved and recalled with preset
FIXED Initialising Uni/Bi in Tracker now resets both the offsets and the curve
FIXED Unit FX display page changing when new Insert FX page is selected
FIXED Basic/Custom menu state in Performer is now correctly saved and recalled with presets
KNOWN ISSUE FL Studio 20 VST: when loading a preset the interface will shrink. Fix: close and open interface
KNOWN ISSUE Cubase and Studio One: text input does not work correctly when Massive X is hosted in Komplete Kontrol or Maschine KPI view
KNOWN ISSUE Logic 10.4.5, Ableton Live 10: using the freeze function may result in incorrectly rendered audio - save your project before freezing the track
KNOWN ISSUE In some cases the INIT presets are not loading in Pro Tools. Loading the Massive X plug-in within Komplete Kontrol is a potential workaround

Thanks for posting - looks like it is getting close to a release candidate now :-)

Displays that reflect the actual state, factory presets have a separate section in browser...this is game changing stuff!

:-)

Meanwhile, back to Rapid 1.7.....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Cool. Love that synth now even more!

I’ll have to update later tonight then

looks good :tu:

Massive X v1.1.0 is spying on you and has data tracking enabled.... :borg: Happy Halloween!

Data Being Tracked
  • System profile
    Current location (country and city)
    Data about your interaction with the software (e.g. actions you perform or audio interfaces you connect)
You have to go in to NI Connect to turn it off- sneaky.

My opinion of this synth hasn't changed with the 1.1 update, its sound good but has dismal feedback/GUI compare to modern synths like (list any wavetable synth in the last 3 years!) Just isn't doing it for me WRT the look or the workflow and it doesn't sound any better to me than any of my existing collection of WT synths. As a 'modern' WT synth I think Rapid and Icarus (especially the spec of the upcoming V2) are better in most ways that ,matter (and yes, I think Rapid and Icarus sound better). IMHO if this wasn't NI and if it wasn't called 'Massive' it would have one totally under the radar for most people.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

i use MX and icarus, and they both are essential (for me); i think this one is pretty great, and not like any of my other synths. great, then, that we have choices, and can find what we need (or don't).

whatever works :D

All NI product have usage data tracking for several years now, it's opt-out. MX v1.0 also had it.

I think Massive X and Rapid sound equally good, but at the same time they are diferent enough in character. Massive X has TERRIFIC filters, I'd say best ones ever found in a wavetable synth - the ones that have been just added to Rapid 1.7 seem to be quite nice too but Massive X at least has more variety of filter types and, most improtantly, it has audio rate modulation on filters (and not only on filters). Massive X has abolutely amazing distortions and really good flanger - I always thought these effects in Rapid are a bit weak. LFOs running at audio rate and able to act as oscillators as well free routing also are something that Rapid doesn't offer.

All in all I'm probably in minority but Massive X has already became one of my to-go synths. Along with Rapid.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Yep, non-linear lab effect in MX is just ridiculously great. No other wavetable synth has this good distortion.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:44 pm Yep, non-linear lab effect in MX is just ridiculously great.
:tu: Absolutely love it.

It's a bit hard to explain but the whole synth sounds different to typical digital/wavetable synths. More alive and musical, I'd say. Like a high quality analog emulation (Diva/Monark and such) but without the restrictions typical for these.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Yup there is no doubt some people love it even as it is,....I’m happy to have it kinda free as part of ultimate, but I just don’t find myself drawn to using it, it just feels to me like others have done it better on the whole, but there is of course some good stuff in the mix.

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:21 pm Massive X v1.1.0 is spying on you and has data tracking enabled.... :borg:

Data Being Tracked
  • System profile
    Data about your interaction with the software (e.g. actions you perform or audio interfaces you connect)
Where do you get to that setting? oh I see it in NA prefs.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

grdh20 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:38 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:21 pm Massive X v1.1.0 is spying on you and has data tracking enabled.... :borg:

Data Being Tracked
  • System profile
Mine was set to enabled by default - you ha s to elect to switch it off in Komplete Access apparently. I hate this snoopy stuff that’s on by default.

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:08 pm
grdh20 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:38 pm

Data Being Tracked
  • System profile
Mine was set to enabled by default - you ha s to elect to switch it off in Komplete Access apparently. I hate this snoopy stuff that’s on by default.
Odd.
Indeed was suppose to be off by default.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”