how do i import Expansions bank in to synthmaster plzzz

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Its a single installer but also has all the separate banks so I have no idea what to do, and I out them in the presets folder and when I press import it says unable to import, or something of the sort, ill check exactl when I get home

I have been using synthmaster Player 2.8 aax in protools for a while and love it.
I purchased Nori Ubukata Art Rock Basics

It has a mac installer and I ran it.

Then I tried the right click add bank way to install and pointed it to the Nori Ubukata Art Rock Basics.smab file.

Then I manually placed the .smab file in My startupSSD/Library/Application Support/KV331 Audio/SynthMaster Player/Presets

It still does not show up in the Player itself.

Really a bummer because the presets sound so great in the demo.

Did a complete reinstall of synthmasterplayer too. No joy.

Do these files generally have 2 components? I notice there is both
KVR OSC73 Users Bank.smar
and
KVR OSC73 Users Bank.smpb

for the OSC73 presets which works great.

But the Nori art rock only installs one of them. Only the .smar is in the package

No Updates?

I noticed there is a second synthmaster player folder in my documents folder.

Maybe it's protools.

This is super frustrating.
I have manually put the .smar package in with the other presets.
It still does not show up.
Is there a way to force it to rebuild the preset lib ?

I'd buy the full version if I could get the damn presets to load, but it sounds like that isn't always working either.

I ran the installer again, the presets still dont show up.
I trashed the presets xml file and it rebuilt a new one.
But the Nori Art Rock isnt there:
<SynthMasterPresets>
<Banks>
<Bank path="/Library/Application Support/KV331 Audio/SynthMaster Player/Presets/Factory Presets.smpb" />
<Bank path="/Library/Application Support/KV331 Audio/SynthMaster Player/Presets/KVR OSC73 Users Bank.smpb" />
</Banks>
</SynthMasterPresets>

The workflow for downloading/installing expansions is extremely simplified after SynthMaster v2.9 is released:

https://youtu.be/XVzvlilCcyw?t=8m28s
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

The workflow for downloading/installing expansions is extremely simplified after SynthMaster v2.9 is released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzvlil ... be&t=8m28s
Works at KV331 Audio

is it normally not standard installed in:
C:\ProgramData\SynthMaster\Expansions or
C:\ProgramData\SynthMaster\Presets

That's what i have on my Win10 system.

Why on earth have they made it so bloody complicated to download and install the preset packs. I just bought 5 packs from the website. Followed the instructions and updated the license-file, reloaded SynthMaster in Live, but no presets are showing up. The files cant be downloaded and there's no "install" option in version 2.9.8.... and no update in the manual to reflect this change!
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Hi guys,

We recommend you to download your expansions from within SynthMaster browser:

https://youtu.be/eyPkKlkA9Eg

Please follow these steps:

1. Please run SynthMaster (plugin or standalone)
2. Right click on SynthMaster interface and click on ''Check for Updates'' menu. This will refresh the products list
2. Click on the Browse button to show the preset browser screen
3. Click on the Purchased button to list the banks you purchased from us
4. Right click on the banks list, select "Refresh my licenses" menu.
5. Right click on the banks list, select "Restore my expansions" menu. Don't close the plugin window while it is downloading

All the best

twolegstoneworks wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:49 pm Why on earth have they made it so bloody complicated to download and install the preset packs.
We made it bloody simple. Please follow Gercek's steps. If you read the notification email we sent here, here's what we wrote there:

To download and install this expansion bank from within SynthMaster/SynthMaster Player, please refer to page 17 of SynthMaster 2.9 user manual:

https://static.synthmaster.com/synthmas ... manual.pdf

(The workflow is the same for both SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:53 pm
twolegstoneworks wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:49 pm Why on earth have they made it so bloody complicated to download and install the preset packs.
We made it bloody simple. Please follow Gercek's steps. If you read the notification email we sent here, here's what we wrote there:

To download and install this expansion bank from within SynthMaster/SynthMaster Player, please refer to page 17 of SynthMaster 2.9 user manual:

https://static.synthmaster.com/synthmas ... manual.pdf

(The workflow is the same for both SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player)
I did read the manual and I did look for the buttons in the browser. However in the 2.9.8 version with the Satyatunes skins (which was my default), there is no button for "Purchased". It was only after I reverted to 2.9.3 I realized the issue was caused by the skin.

twolegstoneworks wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:37 pm I did read the manual and I did look for the buttons in the browser. However in the 2.9.8 version with the Satyatunes skins (which was my default), there is no button for "Purchased". It was only after I reverted to 2.9.3 I realized the issue was caused by the skin.
The latest white Satyatunes skin is missing that part, I just asked Satya to fix it, since we'll release v2.9.9 update soon. Sorry about that.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:44 pm
twolegstoneworks wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:37 pm I did read the manual and I did look for the buttons in the browser. However in the 2.9.8 version with the Satyatunes skins (which was my default), there is no button for "Purchased". It was only after I reverted to 2.9.3 I realized the issue was caused by the skin.
The latest white Satyatunes skin is missing that part, I just asked Satya to fix it, since we'll release v2.9.9 update soon. Sorry about that.
Ok, good to hear. I like the Satya skins :) But it was a bit frustrating last night which was why my post was a bit "bloody".

All the best.

Doesn't affect me, but I am curious. How do the NeverOnliners folks get their expansions installed?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:51 pm Doesn't affect me, but I am curious. How do the NeverOnliners folks get their expansions installed?
rsp
You have to be online -temporarily at least- to download any software, right? How can one be completely offline and be able to download updates?

You can apply this procedure on an online machine and then copy the expansion files at <my documents>/synthmaster/presets folder to your offline machine (we don't have DRM) Problem solved.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:58 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:51 pm Doesn't affect me, but I am curious. How do the NeverOnliners folks get their expansions installed?
rsp
You have to be online -temporarily at least- to download any software, right? How can one be completely offline and be able to download updates?

You can apply this procedure on an online machine and then copy the expansion files at <my documents>/synthmaster/presets folder to your offline machine (we don't have DRM) Problem solved.

Some (not me) use their non DAW to do all the downloads, and then transfer to the their daw via thumb drive or something.
Like I said, mine are online, but I have read about quite a few who are adamant that their Daw is never online.

But yes, you have answered the question.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “KV331 Audio”