Wavesfactory releases Cassette

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cassette sounds closest to the real thing out of all the ones I've tried so far. Really great job, Wavesfactory!

foosnark wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:39 pm
pekbro wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:49 pm Nice plugin, if only I didn’t already have practically every tape sym plugin....
This is better than those other ones :)
My preference is for ghz wow actually. :)

I’m missing a Dolby button, that would make it king cassette :)

pekbro wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:17 pm My preference is for ghz wow actually. :)
Wow Control is fantastic at what it does, although it's primary focused on wow and flutter. The other aspects (i.e. noise, saturation, tone) seem more of an afterthought or at least don't to presume to emulate anything accurately.

NAD wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:44 pm
pekbro wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:17 pm My preference is for ghz wow actually. :)
Wow Control is fantastic at what it does, although it's primary focused on wow and flutter. The other aspects (i.e. noise, saturation, tone) seem more of an afterthought or at least don't to presume to emulate anything accurately.
I had some cheap tape recorders when I was a kid, unfortunately I wasn’t into music production back then. Sadly, nuances regarding their sound were completely lost on me. Consequently, authenticity of any emulations is beyond me. I just go with what I like :)

I love this thing.
Takes me back to when I was a kid.
Had so much fun with cassette tape and short-wave radio noise/numbers stations, and a "high-speed dubbing" dual cassette deck. I would run the headphone out to another single cassette's aux in, then play a noise recording and its dubbed copy delayed a smidge. Of course they never played at the same rate, so there was this glorious drift.
Then I'd dub the recording from the single cassette, get more delays, copy that, run it through again.
Didn't have a synth, nor a guitar, nor any mic pres, so this is what I did instead.

Sounded like shit.

The copy degredation was what I loved. The weirdness in the high end, this plugin almost sounds like that.
Love it.

Absolutely wonderful indeed. Congrats, Wavesfactory, for a job well done.

Hi guys!

Cassette has been updated to version 1.0.1:
  • Fixed: Pro / Home / Micro buttons now respond to automation.
  • Improved: settings sliders snap to mouse position on click.
  • Added: Artists presets from Torley.
How to update?
The next time you open the GUI a new icon will appear coloured in yellow.
Click on that icon and the update window will popup.
Follow the instructions to download the latest installer and install it.
Then, you'll be required to restart your DAW.

If you want you can download the new installer directly from the website:
www.wavesfactory.com/cassette

Thx will the dry/wet recommendation implemented?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

wavesfactory wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:09 pm Hi guys!

Cassette has been updated to version 1.0.1:
Thanks, good.

Caine123 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:17 pm Thx will the dry/wet recommendation implemented?
isn't it already there? called "mix" in settings window.

can't decide whether to buy this, since i have a decent cassette deck (that incidentally cost me 30€)

Here i meant his below
foosnark wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:39 pm I'm in the middle of mastering an already pretty noisy album that features the Soma Lyra-8, and I find that Cassette works really well in the mastering chain. :tu:

One thing that I'd like immensely would be a slider rather than a toggle switch to control the frequency response amount. Being able to dial in about half of the frequency response difference, while keeping the full saturation, compression, etc. and not getting the phasing/chorusing caused by the overall wet/dry control, would be great. Trying to partially compensate with EQ can be a little awkward.
And now WOW?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

simmo75 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:32 pm I’m missing a Dolby button, that would make it king cassette :)
I vote for a "recorded with Dolby on, playback with Dolby off" emulation 8)

Cassette has been updated to version 1.0.2:
- Fixed: Pro / Home / Micro bug in Cubase / VST3 / Windows.
- Improved: authorization process.
- Added: tape type is now automatable.
- Added: Pro Tools key command automation.
- Added: artist presets from Insight.

Just load the plug-in and click on the "update" icon to download the latest installer.

The 'download-from-DAW' feature doesn't work properly in Mojave 10.14.6/Live 10.1. The installation file downloads but generates this message:

"Cassette%201.0.2.pkg can't be installed because its digital signature is invalid. The package may have been corrupted or tampered with. Get a new copy of the package and try again."

Downloading the update from 'my downloads' on wavesfactory.com yielded a valid file.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Effects”