Diva 2 Wishlist (purely hypothetical, nothing in development)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This just in: Diva 2 already out :hyper: , and listed in a top 10: :lol:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/best-st ... izers.html

:o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So i was fooling around with beta version of avenger and decided to recreate with it some of my pathes i have made on Diva then i noticed strange thing - avenger consumes more cpu. So i tried to play chords with various instruments in comparison with the same patch and Divas crown of cpu intensive plugin has been taken off :-D

Avenger is really more cpu intensive :-)

Actually Diva in general is not bad in terms of cpu even on almost 6 year old CPU. 12 instances playing 6 note chords on Great setting using JP8080 osc module and juno filter. Just one thing bothers me is that on some instances i had to turn off multithread support to gain boost and on others turn on. I suppose its because of voicing architecture?

Here's something!

Sort of going along with my previous post about Diva, what I'd love to see are more digital oscillators from great digital synths. It doesn't have to be a 1:1 of the entire synth, so much as at least capturing the oscillator section. There are so many fantastic sounding digital synths like the Yamaha AN1x, Novation Supernova, Clavia Nord Lead or Waldorf Q with distinct characters that have yet to make it to software that would sound that much better with the authentic analog filters of Diva. It definitely would be fun to hear see more digital make it into Diva :pray:

mrj1nx wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:38 pm This just in: Diva 2 already out :hyper: , and listed in a top 10: :lol:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/best-st ... izers.html
Where's Zebra 3?

I just finished spending a lot of time with diva and gotta say how much I love its sound. What new features are confirmed for version 2?

I'd like to see a dedicated drive/distortion effect and really open all the effects. I want to layer more effects and not be limited to 2. I want more modulation assigment options for crying out loud. Now that I think of it, there is still a lot of improvement to be had here for just expanding its already inherent potential without adding any new features (aside from a distortion effect).
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:45 amWhat new features are confirmed for version 2?
None.

Thanks. I've said what I wanted to say. Hope other agree and maybe enough time has gone by where it becomes feasible to lift some of the limits off diva. More powerful cpus maybe mean less restraint now?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Can we please have Retina graphics for those ugly rotary knobs?! Would make a nice little christmas update.. 😁 Oh, for Diva 1 of course.

Bimmlu wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:48 am Can we please have Retina graphics for those ugly rotary knobs?! Would make a nice little christmas update.. 😁 Oh, for Diva 1 of course.
Yes that would be sweet for Diva "1"

Ah interesting. Uhbie and JP8k oscillators have the higher res knobs, but other modules don't.

Diva effectively killed my GAS for analogues modeled software synthesizers. I did pick up Repro and TAL Mod, but I’ve let so many others pass me by because even if they are technically better, my ears can’t really hear all that difference in the music I make.

For Diva 2, I would like the modulation section of Hive 2 and the effects of Repro. And a better GUI. I never liked the GUI of Diva, but I’m much more focused on sound than interface (for the most part).

I think we used to have high resolution assets for download somewhere (like the ones which IIRC are included with Satin). Don't ask me though...

I'm prety sure most of these won't make it, here's what i'd like to see anyway:

- fully vector based GUI. Maybe a sacrilege, but i wouldn't even mind if it had a clean modern look like plugins from Valhalla or Fabfilter
- two filter module slots with serial/parallel operation modes of any filter combination
- same feature set as far as possible for each module. (All oscillator modules should have 3 oscillators, cross-mod, osc sync, FM, etc. optionally at the very least) regardless if the originals maybe were just single osc.
- dunno if this idea is actually shitty, but anyway: intermixability of any oscillator combination (osc1=Moog, osc2=MS20, osc3=JP8000) if that's technically possible
- uniform module layout: every knob / slider should be at the same place on each module, though could be difficult if you want to keep the knob vs slider philosophies of the originals intact
- a mod matrix that basically reaches any feature and works as smoothly as in let's say TAL Sampler (click on an (empty) slot, click on desired knob, set modulation strength to taste, voilá!)
- the hopefully obvious even more accurate cutting edge modeling algorithms that will eat my CPU for breakfast. Not that current Diva sounds bad, quite the contrary, bit still
- of course a few new modules would also be nice, surprise us!
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Return to “u-he”