Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:33 pm I wonder if it still auto copies the dragged in samples on c:\ and consumes your ssd. Yeah i know this is totally logic and no problem and steinberg is top class and has to do it this way.
For you... play from 2:40. :)

https://youtu.be/zjjNom4FGwI?t=160

yup I can confirm this here too
bob swans wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:03 pm I have installed the update and it replaced my copy of Padshop Pro
My Steinberg account now only shows Padshop 2

It also says on the website that Padshop pro is being discontinued

Looks pretty cool. Pretty reasonable cost as an update for the Pro version. Win 10 is a system requirement, but I'm wondering if like HALion, it runs on 7 just fine. One thing I really wish Steinberg would add to their synths is some sort of visual representation of modulation in action. They have lights around all of the parameters, it seems like it wouldn't be hard to implement.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

The dll associated with Padshop, Padshop Pro, and Padshop 2 are all the same. Padshop 2 is backwards compatible. So any past tracks that reference either Padshop or Padshop Pro are just fine with the Padshop 2 update.

bob swans wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:03 pm I have installed the update and it replaced my copy of Padshop Pro

sureno wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:06 pm yup I can confirm this here too

Oh, that's surprising. Thanks for the help, guys. I guess if you had both, you would always use Padshop 2 in any future sessions anyway.

But how about session recall of existing projects containing Padshop Pro? Do they open fine and load with Padshop 2 instead?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:28 pm
masterhiggins wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:23 pm Yes you can still it. Unlike ilok you don’t have to rescind licenses when upgrading.
Sounds good, thanks. Does it mean both Padshop Pro and Padshop 2 will show up in the soft e-licenser that I am using?
I'm sorry. I was talking specifically about the license. The elicenser plugin itself will show both versions, but the actual installation might be overwritten. It sounds like the actual plugin itself might be overwritten with version 2 in your plugin folder. Sorry about the confusion.
Last edited by masterhiggins on Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thejonsolo wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:08 pm The dll associated with Padshop, Padshop Pro, and Padshop 2 are all the same. Padshop 2 is backwards compatible. So any past tracks that reference either Padshop or Padshop Pro are just fine with the Padshop 2 update.
Great to know this, thanks.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:05 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:33 pm I wonder if it still auto copies the dragged in samples on c:\ and consumes your ssd. Yeah i know this is totally logic and no problem and steinberg is top class and has to do it this way.

Man finally thx a lot! And this is why support did ignore all my mails and tickets? To let me pay for padshop 2 lol what f**king move really... but yeah. I didnt activate my v10 license maybe if i activate now i get 10.5 ;D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:19 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:28 pm
masterhiggins wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:23 pm Yes you can still it. Unlike ilok you don’t have to rescind licenses when upgrading.
Sounds good, thanks. Does it mean both Padshop Pro and Padshop 2 will show up in the soft e-licenser that I am using?
I'm sorry. I was talking specifically about the license. It sounds like the actual plugin itself might be overwritten with version 2 in your plugin folder. Sorry about the confusion.
No worries, that's completely fine. :tu: I was curious to know how the upgrades work with Steinberg, as I am new to it. But looks like it is OK to update, everything will be normal. :)

Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:21 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:05 pm

Man finally thx a lot! And this is why support did ignore all my mails and tickets? To let me pay for padshop 2 lol what f**king move really... but yeah. I didnt activate my v10 license maybe if i activate now i get 10.5 ;D
:hihi: Ultimately, you have got a great deal [assuming yours is a crossgrade license you got during the recent sale ;)].

Cubase and Nuendo are both resizable, Halion 6 as well. But Padshop 2 is not. What a bunch of blockheads is that at Steinberg?

Hopefully they will make it resizable in a near-future update.

Yeah the waveform view needs to be enlarged. It looks ridiculous as it is.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:30 pm Hopefully they will make it resizable in a near-future update.
Yes padshop 3 :hihi:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:40 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:30 pm Hopefully they will make it resizable in a near-future update.
Yes padshop 3 :hihi:
:lol: I hope there will be 2.x unlike that. :D

Return to “Instruments”