|Type / Tags||PadsGranular SynthesizerSynth|
Padshop Pro delivers two individual tiers in granular textures that are mixed and processed with a dozen high-quality filters, modulation and delay effects. Each layer consists of one oscillator for generating up to eight grain streams with innovative parameters, two LFOs that offer a choice of six wave shapes and two ADSR envelopes that can be applied to various sound parameters, therefore boasting a flexibility absolutely new to granular synthesis.
Offering more effects and more presets than in the basic version, Padshop Pro shines with a 3-band parametric EQ on each layer, the algorithmic reverb with dedicated equalization and 50 additional presets. Also included are sample import for user customizable sounds as well as VST backward compatibility and AU support.
Padshop Pro is available as full retail version alongside two upgrades from the basic Padshop version. Both the retail version and the upgrade bundle include the Zero Gravity expansion pack. This comprises an additional 250 presets plus a brand-new SoftGrain Wave ROM with 150 specially selected samples.
Features at a glance:
- Advanced granular synthesis engine with 2 independent layers and individual oscillator, edit and FX sections.
- Up to 8 grain streams per oscillator for impressively rich and spacious structures.
- Intuitive user interface for effective usability and direct accessibility.
- More than 450 presets dedicated to atmospheric pads and evolving textures.
- SoftGrain Wave ROM with hundreds of sounds for custom presets and individual tweaks.
- Sample import via drag-and-drop for advanced sound design projects and custom presets.
- 10-stage Modulation Matrix with Note Expression support for unlimited flexibility.
- 12 different high-quality filter types for each layer.
- Step Modulator for rhythmic triggering of oscillators, filters, amp and pan.
- 2 LFOs and ADSR for filters and amp envelopes.
- Mono and Poly Mode with Legato and Glide.
- FX section with high-class modulation and delay effects.
- 3-band parametric EQ per layer to increase the clarity and smoothness in the mix.
- Algorithmic reverb to enrich your sound with fullness and atmosphere.
- Zero Gravity VST Sound Instrument Set with 250 new presets and an additional SoftGrain Wave ROM with 150 new samples (included in retail and upgrade bundle versions).
- VST 3, VST 2 and AU compatible host application support.
Reviewed By siriusquarks
October 18, 2017
Brilliant VST with the sound quality that Steinberg is famous for. Very easy to use as well and to manipulate sounds to your hearts content. I use it more for atmospheric and ethereal sounds, but there is a lot of variety of other sounds as well. You can find lots of presets in the windows user section :
C:>Users>Username>AppData>Roaming>VST3 Presets>Steinberg Media Technologies>Padshop.
(Username is the windows user name you are using and the > is where you replace with the backslash character)Read more