Workaround for Maschine Mk1/Mk2/Mk3 with DrivenByMoss

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If someone's interested, I found a way to use my Maschine Mk1 as a nice controller by using the Mikro Mk3 script included in DrivenByMoss (http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html) and adding the missing functions with a separate script.

EDIT: new version that uses pages for the display buttons and knobs and also supports the current DrivenByMoss 8.60 with pad colors and a lot of new functions!
And I bought a used Mk3, the Mk1 is not supported anymore...

I uploaded all the necessary files here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amy0x2gJEyaQrV2EiiO ... K?e=wNYstc

contains:
- the flexi script properties
- template for the Maschine Mk3
- template for the Maschine Mk2 (untested)
- template for the Maschine Studio (untested)
- a table that shows the mapping for the flexi script

You have to load the provided template in NI's Controller Editor. I also made a Mk2 and a Studio template, although I couldn't test these. But I tried to name everything inside Controller Editor. In addition you need the config for DrivenByMoss Generic Flexi.

In order to add one MIDI controller as the input for two scripts it's necessary to use a virtual MIDI loopback cable and do a bit of MIDI routing. You want to split off all MIDI messages on ch.11 and send them to the flexi script with the virtual cable.

I did the following on Windows:
1) add a MIDI loopback with loopMIDI
2) use MIDI-OX for splitting the MIDI signal: add the Mk3 as an input and the loopMIDI port as an output), then configure the connection properties --> now all MIDI messages on channel 11 go through the loopMIDI port, the rest stays on Maschine Controller port

MIDI-OX-Settings.PNG

3) select the Maschine Controller in/out for the Mikro Mk3 script
4) select the loopMIDI in and the Maschine Controller out for the Generic Flexi script and load "Maschine4flexi.properties" there

BWS Settings - Controller.jpg

My flexi script uses 4 pages.
- The first page controls volume for banks of 8 tracks and toggles automation writing and overdub for Clip Launcher and Arranger
- page 2: track mode: vol/pan/sends for selected track
- page 3: device mode, control bank of 8 paramters, change banks/selected devices, open device window, expand device, bypass device
- page 4: control send 1 to 6 for bank of 8 tracks

additional functions:

- The top row of the group buttons access Note Editor / Autiomation Edit / Device Panel / Mixer Panel
- The lower row of the group buttons come from the Mikro Mk3 script, can be used for changing octaves and mode for playing the pads
- the 4 way encoder can be used to change filters and tabs in the browser
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TVbene on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I made a video with the Maschine Mk3!

https://youtu.be/D2k-qZaz9-w
Last edited by TVbene on Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LED feedback with flexi seems to be a bit shaky still, the states of e.g. track arm, solo... are not updated when I change it with the controller. When changing these settings by mouse click the display gets updated, though. I'll ask in the DrivenByMoss thread.

Any chance you could port this MK3 functionality to Reaper? I don't use Bitwig but it's AWESOME that you did this! :)

themixtape wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:37 pm Any chance you could port this MK3 functionality to Reaper? I don't use Bitwig but it's AWESOME that you did this! :)
Hm, looks like it already works!!! And it seems you can add the same controller twice in Reaper, so the MIDI routing isn't even necessary. Just use the CE template, add the Maschine to both the Flexi and Mikro Mk3 controller and load the Maschine4Moss.properties in Flexi. Thanks for the message, I didn't even think of DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper.

Flexi_Reapter.png

Obviously there are some differences between Reaper's and Bitwig's API so the Flexi script cannot be completely functional, for example I added "toggle automation writing for Clip Launcher" which shouldn't exist in Reaper. But Flexi accepted the Maschine4Moss.properties... So you could just test it, I've added an overview for all the slots in Flexi, then we could make an adapted version or Reaper. I don't have the time at the moment, this weekend I'll go skiing, but if you have questions, just ask.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh! Thanks!
Great tips for Maschine 3rd gen!!
I'm trying for Maschine Studio.
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

I did try edit paramaters for Maschine Studio.
I'm using TVbene style routing for Maschine with MIDI-OX and LoopMidi.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0utod23zwr3z ... EF0La?dl=0
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

Does anyone have a script for Mk1? Or can point me in the direction of making / modifying?

Does anyone have a script for Maschine Mikro Mk2?

Return to “Controller Scripting”