Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

neverbeeninariot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:08 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm I assume there's a Padshop PRO 2 upgrade coming somewhere...
Never assume... They're dropping the pro version to 'streamline their portfolio'. Mentioned in the KVR news.
I missed that, but it's good news, I guess, i.e. the premium version of Padshop 2 is included with upgrade. Yay! :party:
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

trtzbass wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:38 pm Holy crap they dropped the gradient colours on the clips.

Y E S
:dog: :dog: ... it just looks better WITH gradient colours...
can anyone look up if this is optional - and can be en/disable within the options?

WasteLand wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:14 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:44 pm
WasteLand wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:15 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm Just $60 for the full upgrade? That's an improvement right there, no?
no, that is normal price for 10 to 10.5 or x.0 to x.5...
if you wait till summer, you can get 40% or 50% perhaps..
I seem to recall $100 or so for the .5 upgrades and $200 for the number upgrades, but my memory is fuzzy on all of it. Maybe I'm including an extra couple of bucks for Padshop Pro?

I have, and will, upgrade regardless. People debate this endlessly, but keeping Cubase current is probably the best money I spend on my studio.
i live in europe so it is in euro's... but i believe that .5 were always €59,90 and for the number upgrades €99, or so.

for .5 i will not wait for a sale, for a number update i will wait (exception: when the number update is so impressive, i will go for it).

and i agree, and everybody discusses every DAW, keeping cubase current is also my way, it still is and will be my main DAW, even if i use ableton/reaper/reason/maschine.
Way back in the day, Cubase, although great, did not really have what I would call premium plugs included. Thankfully, the .vst protocol allowed a lot of great 3rd party plugs to be developed.

That has, however, changed with the last 3 or 4 versions of Cubase. The included plugs have been excellent. If I was just starting out, I don't know if I would need much more than Cubase and a few instrument collections (Komplete? Halion?). Could have saved a ton of money.

Time and technology marches on...
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

KickSnare wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:42 pm MacOS 10.12.6 / Mac Pro 6,1 / 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 / 16 GB on a medium size project.

C10 is still having CPU issues for me, average load almost always maxed out, lots of glitches and sometimes audio disappearing, having to restart cubase to fix it. This seems to be a bit better in C10.5 as far as i can see now.
So you got it running in Sierra, the min spec says 10.14 Mojave for Mac
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

KickSnare wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:44 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:37 pm
KickSnare wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:31 pm I've returned to V10 after 2 hours and 20 crashes later. 10.5 is hanging almost every time a add an insert while playing. Had it with waves and fabfilter, so i don't think it's related to the plugin manufacturer. This is unworkable for me.. more people having this?
I just tried with H Delay and F6 from wave and Q3 and L2 from Fabfilter and didnt' get any crashes on mac.
Which plugins are you trying?
rsp
Got it with Fabfilter Q2 and Waves L1.
Alas I have neither of those to check it.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:51 pm
KickSnare wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:44 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:37 pm
KickSnare wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:31 pm I've returned to V10 after 2 hours and 20 crashes later. 10.5 is hanging almost every time a add an insert while playing. Had it with waves and fabfilter, so i don't think it's related to the plugin manufacturer. This is unworkable for me.. more people having this?
I just tried with H Delay and F6 from wave and Q3 and L2 from Fabfilter and didnt' get any crashes on mac.
Which plugins are you trying?
rsp
Got it with Fabfilter Q2 and Waves L1.
Alas I have neither of those to check it.
rsp
I'm on Windows 10, with the latest update. I don't have H Delay, but I do have H Compressor and F6 from Waves. I also have Q3 and L2 from Fabfilter. I didn't get any crashes at all using them in Cubase 10.5.

Googly Smythe wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:37 am 2017: November 15, v9.5
2018: November 13, v10
2019: ? v10.5
My guess: November 13
How about that, I was right!
Anyone else noticed that Prologue seems to have quietly gone into the night? I wonder what else has.

Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:57 pm
Anyone else noticed that Prologue seems to have quietly gone into the night? I wonder what else has.
Bravo, :clap:

how about predicting retrologue 3 or Halion 7 ? :clap: HSO 2 - Iconica seems to be very expensive ..HSO 2 would be nice -
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

AcrossTheSky wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:05 pm
Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:57 pm
Bravo, :clap:

how about predicting retrologue 3 or Halion 7 ? :clap: HSO 2 - Iconica seems to be very expensive ..HSO 2 would be nice -
Ha ha! No, I'll let someone else try their luck! :D

It seems they actually did implement many of the user requests from the polls over at the Steinberg forums, “export video” being one of the most requested (couldn’t care less personally). Sure, not everyone will be happy that their most urgent feature request was neglected, but that’s normal.

The combined selection tool could possibly be worth he price of admission alone - how I hate that constant switching between tools! This has the potential to make audio editing much much faster.

The safe mode isn’t completely thought out - nice that I can disable third party party plugins on start, but that doesn’t help me finding out which plugin crashes or hangs on project load.

But I am really pissed of that they release the update when I am away from home!!! :x

fese wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:44 pm But I am really pissed of that they release the update when I am away from home!!! :x
:lol:

And, uh, can we change the name of the topic, uh, um, back to what it was, heh.

BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:39 pm
WasteLand wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:14 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:44 pm
WasteLand wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:15 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm Just $60 for the full upgrade? That's an improvement right there, no?
no, that is normal price for 10 to 10.5 or x.0 to x.5...
if you wait till summer, you can get 40% or 50% perhaps..
I seem to recall $100 or so for the .5 upgrades and $200 for the number upgrades, but my memory is fuzzy on all of it. Maybe I'm including an extra couple of bucks for Padshop Pro?

I have, and will, upgrade regardless. People debate this endlessly, but keeping Cubase current is probably the best money I spend on my studio.

i live in europe so it is in euro's... but i believe that .5 were always €59,90 and for the number upgrades €99, or so.

for .5 i will not wait for a sale, for a number update i will wait (exception: when the number update is so impressive, i will go for it).

and i agree, and everybody discusses every DAW, keeping cubase current is also my way, it still is and will be my main DAW, even if i use ableton/reaper/reason/maschine.
Way back in the day, Cubase, although great, did not really have what I would call premium plugs included. Thankfully, the .vst protocol allowed a lot of great 3rd party plugs to be developed.

That has, however, changed with the last 3 or 4 versions of Cubase. The included plugs have been excellent. If I was just starting out, I don't know if I would need much more than Cubase and a few instrument collections (Komplete? Halion?). Could have saved a ton of money.

Time and technology marches on...
yes the stock plugins, especially when you have pro, because you have the whole set, are great. and cover a lot of ground. i use them, but have also third party plugins, cherry picked, but with all the sales, etc. you collect a lot. and they add always something, or more. the overlap isn't that big in my case. i pick mainly the more "strange" plugins, and also the known ones. not the fabfilters or serums. a nice compressor collection, a nice reverb collection, a nice delay collection, a nice specialized plugin collection, a nice semi-modular plugin sets, etc. enough for a lifetime..

I wish Cubase would offer the possibility to choose what to install. I don't need or want Groove Agent. So now I have to unistall it again. :dog: I got all my drums covered within SD3. I don't need or want any hip hop, Techno, no no samples at all. Can I unistall them? Can't see anything of them in Revo Uninstaller. Besides Padshop I don't want or need any of Steinbergs other synths. Can't stand them. :x
So from 9.5 to 10.5. What have they done with the transport? I looks awful and like a 5 year old child created it. Can I bring back how it looked in 9.5? O dear, Steinberg you always do something wrong no matter what.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”