Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:21 am I was confused on which version of Pashop I currently have--I bought it when it was on sale a few months ago. When I open it, it says "Padshot/1-Padshop" in the top bar, but in the bottom right corner it says, "PADSHOP PRO" with the "PRO" letters in red. But checking my invoice, it is Padshop Pro. Weird labeling system they have.
Like I said, I think this keeps it backwards compatible. The top label (on the VST box) is reflective of the dll titling, while the GUI can say anything.

Ah, now I get what you meant
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

In Studio one VST listings it always just says "Padshop"; it doesn't change.

Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:33 pm I wonder if it still auto copies the dragged in samples on c:\ and consumes your ssd. Yeah i know this is totally logic and no problem and steinberg is top class and has to do it this way.
You can deactivate the auto copy function in PSP2.

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:23 pm Anyone had the chance to play with that fresh new spectral resynthesis oscillator? I didn't update yet and won't be able for some time, so I was wondering what people think of it... Seems like quite an impressive addition in combo with the granular.
It's extremely awesome. There is nothing like it.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:08 am
Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:23 pm Anyone had the chance to play with that fresh new spectral resynthesis oscillator? I didn't update yet and won't be able for some time, so I was wondering what people think of it... Seems like quite an impressive addition in combo with the granular.
It's extremely awesome. There is nothing like it.
:party: :tu:

Very exciting. Looking forward to update mine when I have some time. Thanks for your input!

I have an unused license for the Pro version. Does the usual "Grace" period apply for this?

Fwiw.. Padshop 2 completely replaced the installation of Padshop Pro regardless of version of Cubase you try to use it in. 🙄
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Really, please implement a resizable GUI. I thought it would happen on the PSP update from last year. Especially on this synth!

dandezebra wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:02 am Really, please implement a resizable GUI. I thought it would happen on the PSP update from last year. Especially on this synth!
GUI is resizable...sort of. From the manual

If High DPI Mode is activated, the plug-in uses high-resolution bitmaps when
it is displayed with a scaling of 150?% and higher on a high-resolution monitor,
such as 4K (UHD), 5K, etc. This allows for sharper images on high-resolution
displays.
NOTE
Windows systems currently only support scaling factors that are multiples of
100. For example, if you use a scaling factor of 150?%, in Padshop, the scaling
factor used is 200?%.
High DPI Mode may not be compatible with some combinations of software
and hardware. If you experience display issues with your setup, you can
deactivate High DPI Mode.
If High DPI Mode is deactivated, the native monitor resolution is used.

jdnz wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:29 pm
jdnz wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:20 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:30 pm Hopefully they will make it resizable in a near-future update.
there is a 'high dpi mode' item in the tools menu - but it's greyed out and unselectable when instantiated in reaper

Anyone using cubase 10/10.5 in hidpi mode tried padshop2 and seen if it tracks the hidpi setting in cubase - I'm wondering if it merely doesn't support hidpi in non-steinberg hosts?
silly me - forgot that hidpi support is still 'experimental' in reaper and has to be enabled. Turned that on a 'hi dpi mode' in padashop2 is now selectable, but no matter what scaling factor I set in windows (125%, 150%, 200%) turning it off/on in padshop2 makes no diff, still a small ui.

suspect scalability of padshop2 is definitely host specifc :-(
AFAIR, high DPI mode is supported and enabled in FL Studio. Need to disable it and see what difference it makes on my 2K monitor.

BBFG# wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:45 am I have an unused license for the Pro version. Does the usual "Grace" period apply for this?
As per my knowledge, no.

You may want to check here, but I guess the e-licenser should have the software on it for it to work.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/grace_period.html

mrsugmad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:12 am In Studio one VST listings it always just says "Padshop"; it doesn't change.
Same in FL Studio.

1. General question: Does Steinberg have any Black Friday discounts on any products? Not interested in Cubase/Nuendo and the likes, but may be some of the software instruments.

2. Specific question: Does it make sense to wait for Black Friday for any discount on Padshop 2 upgrade? I understand it is not expensive, but just in case.

Hey guys thx! Does someone know:

1. I bought a cubase 10 license about 2 or 3 months ago to crossgrade but didnt activate yet. Will i get 10.5 when i activate now?

2. I got the ABSOLUTE package from them but of course padshop 2 is not included. If i get v10.5 will it be a normal vst i can also use in fl studio?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”