Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
LoveEnigma18
KVRian
1291 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 pm

koolkeys wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:26 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:20 pm
Just watch out NI website for the 50% sale. It is imminent and might just start today. If we go by the previous years (2017), this must be the Thanksgiving XXL sale where even Komplete updates/upgrades are 50% off.
Yeah, that's probably my best bet, and what I'm counting on. But it feels like every time I'm thinking about it, they have a sale but that particular sale doesn't include upgrades.

The good news is that I'm not in a hurry. It would be purely a luxury upgrade. But still would be nice to get up to date on things.

Brent
Yes, especially if you are on Komplete 10 or below. I believe you will get the deal you are looking for. :tu:

This time I don't have anything on my NI wishlist, so I will just watch the sales page and close it. Or maybe get an Expansion... :)

Since BF is late than last year, I reckon the sale might get postponed by a week to 21st November. But I still have the feeling about it starting today.

Uncle E
KVRAF
11278 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:07 pm

koolkeys wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:03 pm
Count me in for looking for Komplete upgrades. Though I don't need ultimate. Uncle E, do you get a feeling that NI will run another upgrade sale soon? Just upgrading regular Komplete 6 to 12, so my normal upgrade price is $199. It is not a need (my needs mostly revolve around Kontakt, so there has never been a reason for me to uograde), so a sale is necessary lol.
Yes, it will be any day now.

FWIW, I'm still on Komplete 9.

Ceej
KVRist
247 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:20 pm

The most common 50% off upgrades sale from NI is in June or July, unfortunately. The Black Friday sales often are only on new products.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Uncle E
KVRAF
11278 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:24 am

Ceej wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:20 pm
The most common 50% off upgrades sale from NI is in June or July, unfortunately. The Black Friday sales often are only on new products.
That's partly correct but they're doing things a little differently this year. One sale is starting this week and another is starting next week.

LoveEnigma18
KVRian

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:43 am

Uncle E wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:24 am
Ceej wrote:
That's partly correct but they're doing things a little differently this year. One sale is starting this week and another is starting next week.
Looks like both my predictions will be true. :wink: At least the first one of 14th Nov. did not happen, damn!
:hyper: even when I don't have anything to buy from NI this time. :roll: Thanks, Uncle E!
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HM
KVRian
514 posts since 14 Aug, 2001

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:20 am

Uncle E wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:24 am
Ceej wrote:
Sounds goooood !!!!

:D hope for this one also:
HM wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:55 am
Uncle E wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:49 am
HM wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:35 pm
Will we see Steinberg Absolute 4 or Halion 6 on sale Black Friday, or any time soon ?
I think we have some left over Halion and Absolute licenses. If we do, I can sell them at the previous sale prices.
Thanks, sounds very promissing, please be vocal in case, and also I will try to keep the eyes open :-)
HM

LoveEnigma18
KVRian

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:12 am

Uncle E wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:49 am
HM wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:35 pm
Will we see Steinberg Absolute 4 or Halion 6 on sale Black Friday, or any time soon ?
I think we have some left over Halion and Absolute licenses. If we do, I can sell them at the previous sale prices.
What was the previous sale price for Absolute 4? Any chance there will be Black Friday sales by Steinberg? :)

Leichenschmaus
KVRist
202 posts since 1 Oct, 2014

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:42 pm

Is the Arturia Collection upgrade only available at their Website?

Ou_Tis
KVRist
464 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:23 pm

UVI has a 50% off sale on iOS Ravenscroft, Beathawk ($5), and Beathawk expansion packs.

Apparently the Celtic expansion pack doesn't include any vocals?

koolkeys
KVRAF
16101 posts since 2 Dec, 2003 from Nashville, TN

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:07 pm
koolkeys wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:03 pm
Count me in for looking for Komplete upgrades. Though I don't need ultimate. Uncle E, do you get a feeling that NI will run another upgrade sale soon? Just upgrading regular Komplete 6 to 12, so my normal upgrade price is $199. It is not a need (my needs mostly revolve around Kontakt, so there has never been a reason for me to uograde), so a sale is necessary lol.
Yes, it will be any day now.

FWIW, I'm still on Komplete 9.
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Will there be any additional discounts on JRR? No worries if not as I like to support you anyways, but it always helps!

And I am still on Komplete 6, lol. Though I do have a LOT of the libraries that come with the higher levels of Komplete anyways, and really just want the new and updated plugs.

Brent
My host is better than your host

JerGoertz
KVRAF
2528 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:35 pm

Leichenschmaus wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:42 pm
Is the Arturia Collection upgrade only available at their Website?
In times past it's been this way, I believe. (Can't say it still is *for certain*, but chances are...)
A well-behaved signature.

agharta
KVRist
426 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:46 pm

koolkeys wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:25 pm
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Will there be any additional discounts on JRR? No worries if not as I like to support you anyways, but it always helps!

And I am still on Komplete 6, lol. Though I do have a LOT of the libraries that come with the higher levels of Komplete anyways, and really just want the new and updated plugs. Brent
I think you can only upgrade from Komplete 8 or later directly to Komplete Ultimate 12 with the retail version.
But if you upgrade directly with NI that may be different so login and check your account online.
Last edited by agharta on Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1195 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm

agharta wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:46 pm
koolkeys wrote:

And I am still on Komplete 6, lol. Though I do have a LOT of the libraries that come with the higher levels of Komplete anyways, and really just want the new and updated plugs. Brent
I think you can only upgrade from Komplete 8 or later directly to Komplete Ultimate 12 with the retail version.
But if you upgrade directly with NI that may be different so login and check your account online.
If I remember correctly, you can pretty much upgrade from any Komplete to ultimate. It just costs more.

agharta
KVRist
426 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:29 pm

dzilizzi wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm
agharta wrote:
koolkeys wrote:

If I remember correctly, you can pretty much upgrade from any Komplete to ultimate. It just costs more.
I just highlighted a relevant part of the text. :tu:
You can always upgrade by going via K6 -> K12 -> K12U, but that is more expensive as you said.
But, you may be able to go direct from K7 or older to K12U directly if you purchase via your NI account.
That's the impression I got but can't confirm now.

koolkeys
KVRAF
16101 posts since 2 Dec, 2003 from Nashville, TN

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:19 pm

agharta wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:29 pm
dzilizzi wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm
agharta wrote:
koolkeys wrote:

I just highlighted a relevant part of the text. :tu:
You can always upgrade by going via K6 -> K12 -> K12U, but that is more expensive as you said.
But, you may be able to go direct from K7 or older to K12U directly if you purchase via your NI account.
That's the impression I got but can't confirm now.
I am only wanting to upgrade to Komplete 12 standard. I have pretty much every library I would want from ultimate already, so I mostly need a few of the newer plugins and updated versions of the rest.

In my NI account, I can do that upgrade right now for $199, going from Komplete 6 to 12. So I think it will be fine.

Not sure how it works if I upgrade from a retailer like JRR Shop though. I'm assuming this one is what I would get though:

https://www.jrrshop.com/native-instrume ... ete-update

Maybe Uncle E can clarify though.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”