Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

Has anyone tried to run it on Sierra / Live's latest ? I read that compatibility starts with High Sierra but wanted to be sure. Thx for your answers.

c_voltage wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:33 pm What about new spectral oscilator, though did quick checking yet, but preliminarily feelings, that in Reason's Grain this spectral mode give more interesting result\abilities and gives a wider range of difference (compare with usual grain engine). While in Padshop it's give non principal difference (but again - need test more, just it first glance).
Though frankly i never been a fan of exactly sound result of Padshop grain engine (so, i can be not very objective a bit ), but i like this product in whole form (like pretty quality product\synth), and like some addition to granular stuff collection ofcourse. But, no more than that.
Well, after additional trying, I yet admit that my some pessimistic thoughts about the engine were hasty (just long time not used it). And spectral mode give here palpable benefit. Though i would not want to say that found something very special (again, compare with Reason Grain character), but nonetheless the workflow\UI it's big deal, which really wonderful in Padshop. All that in general (together with a convenient modulation system) gives a strong scan, here can find joy.
About possible wiches, would be good to see in mod destination the sample start\end markers (though fortunately it automatable, but nonetheless, would be fun).
About UI size - its absolutely ok for me (at 27" WQHD)

hangars liquides wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:20 pm Has anyone tried to run it on Sierra / Live's latest ? I read that compatibility starts with High Sierra but wanted to be sure.
Hope it does

Finally had the time to upgrade.

I think the new spectral oscillator is fantastic, as already mentioned by Sampleconstruct. Very clean, clear and buttery smooth resynthesis. The spectral time-stretching does sound very good and mellow, freezing it produces instant icy drones. Along the new spectral parameters –Purity and Inharm- you can achieve some very interesting sonic results I haven’t seen in any other synths so far. Combined with the already excellent granular synthesis, it’s a pretty killer combo there for solid soundscape sculpting.

Will experiment more when I have more time…

(No problem with the GUI size resolution here on a 4k 27’’, but I have great eyes! I only wish they would have added a zoom tool in the waveform area, to magnify into the sample)

Pardon my idiocy but I don't understand the difference between the spectral oscillator and the grain oscillator - is the spectral oscillator simply a higher quality version of the grain one?
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Kongru wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:36 pm Pardon my idiocy but I don't understand the difference between the spectral oscillator and the grain oscillator - is the spectral oscillator simply a higher quality version of the grain one?
Totally different.

The grain oscillator uses granular synthesis. In granular synthesis, only short portions of a
sample are played back. These so-called grains can be played back in any order.

The spectral oscillator analyzes the spectrum of the loaded sample, that is, the progression of the
frequencies, amplitudes, and phases from the sample start to the end of the sample. The
analyzed spectrum is used to generate a waveform for playback.

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:41 pm
Kongru wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:36 pm Pardon my idiocy but I don't understand the difference between the spectral oscillator and the grain oscillator - is the spectral oscillator simply a higher quality version of the grain one?
Totally different.

The grain oscillator uses granular synthesis. In granular synthesis, only short portions of a

The spectral oscillator analyzes the spectrum of the loaded sample, that is, the progression of the
frequencies, amplitudes, and phases from the sample start to the end of the sample. The
That's helpful. I'm familiar with granular synths but I've never really encountered spectral ones before - so the spectral oscillator works in a similar fashion to Izotope Iris 2?

Thanks for the explanation.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Is there no demo? I'm interested, but it's rather risky to just buy it, as the Cubase Pro 10.5 demo that I downloaded today won't even run (it says 'no valid license found', although I have the most recent eLicenser software and the trial serial registered o.k. in the license control center).

Kongru wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:49 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:41 pm
Totally different.

That's helpful. I'm familiar with granular synths but I've never really encountered spectral ones before - so the spectral oscillator works in a similar fashion to Izotope Iris 2?

Thanks for the explanation.
No problem. I don't use Iris but from what I know, Iris is not spectral resynthesis/oscillator but spectral filtering & masking. Padshop is true FFT (spectral) analysis and resynthesis. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Iris can time-stretch (where Padshop really shines there). So quite different results at the end. I'd say more like Alchemy. Or Falcon with the IRCAM Stretch oscillator. Maybe Sampleconstruct can validate this as I know he uses both tools.
Last edited by Neon Breath on Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RichN wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:51 pm Is there no demo? I'm interested, but it's rather risky to just buy it, as the Cubase Pro 10.5 demo that I downloaded today won't even run (it says 'no valid license found', although I have the most recent eLicenser software and the trial serial registered o.k. in the license control center).
sounds like you need the eLicenser /blueUSB_KEY/...only about 20£....lol
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

AcrossTheSky wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:59 pm
RichN wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:51 pm Is there no demo? I'm interested, but it's rather risky to just buy it, as the Cubase Pro 10.5 demo that I downloaded today won't even run (it says 'no valid license found', although I have the most recent eLicenser software and the trial serial registered o.k. in the license control center).
sounds like you need the eLicenser /blueUSB_KEY/...only about 20£....lol
Yeah, I have that, with many licenses (including Wavelab Elements). The Cubase 10.5 demo is the only program that gives me grief (which probably tells me all I need to know).

But does Padshop 2 use the same protection scheme as Cubase?

Its not a huge price for an upgrade and good if you use the multitapp delay, pardshop pro..
The thing that erks me is the bugs and to be honest a couple of feature implementation that really should be in version 10 also. But alas...no. Sigh. Im a mug with updates and really trying to hold off.
I must say I was really hoping to see drag and drop channels in the mixer.

Oh just found this rejoice hahaha..
https://cubase105feedback.questionpro.com/

If they do a black friday upgrade deal I may be tempted...other wise its all Dionne Warwick.

MFXxx wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:28 pm Its not a huge price for an upgrade and good if you use the multitapp delay, pardshop pro..
The thing that erks me is the bugs and to be honest a couple of feature implementation that really should be in version 10 also. But alas...no. Sigh. Im a mug with updates and really trying to hold off.
I must say I was really hoping to see drag and drop channels in the mixer.

Oh just found this rejoice hahaha..
https://cubase105feedback.questionpro.com/

If they do a black friday upgrade deal I may be tempted...other wise its all Dionne Warwick.
my guess is - sale on the 10.5 upgrade wont happen until at least April 2020...

just refreshed my ABS 4 and Padshop 2 loads fine - even into Cubase9.5.
havent tried with Reason 11 or FL20 but as long as the eLicenser is in the USB port ...itll work.. :party:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

I can't even get the SDA to open. Is there anyway to manually install without using SDA?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
telecode wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:13 am
chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:00 am Ok, then the person who claimed that it wouldn't work on the Steinberg forums was obviously wrong. :)

P.S.: Actually it's even stated by Steinberg... https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandeve ... -5312.html (https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/new-granular-and-spectral-synth-padshop-2-5312.html)
It may be important to note that the available update to Padshop 2 is incompatible with the Padshop included in Cubase. For all of you running Cubase Pro and Artist: we recommend updating to the Cubase 10.5 to use Padshop 2.
yeah. hes an idiot. it works perfectly fine. see attached.
I don't appreciate you calling me an idiot
I was talking about the 30 dollar update to padshop2 which Steinberg themselves on the news page said it is incompatible with the included padshop
also I never said it wouldn't work in other versions of Cubase I don't know where you got that from
if you should be calling anyone names it is Steinberg for not being clear about this
have a nice day

Return to “Instruments”