[rock with cello] good and evil

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My latest song "good and evil":

direct link:

http://andy-enroe.bplaced.net/22_songs/ ... d_evil.mp3

animation link (website):

Look at"Good and Evil"

Let's enter the world of fairytales - and ask yourself if
"good and evil" is an appropriate category or not?
I tried to approach this topic with a cello on the right and
so gave this song a kind of fragility. Did I succeed? And do
you think there are parts or sounds that could be
improved? :?: :D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I think you could skip the bass when the cello is playing.
Maybe a less metallic sound on the bass.

I enjoyed this! Very original song with nice animations. The melody is memorable and I thought the cello enhanced the arrangement a lot.

The mix is good too. Perhaps the bass guitar is a bit loud and the drums a little soft?

enroe,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: hey this is really good! Very interesting combination of elements here. Before I even listened to the song, I wondered if it would remind me of the Beatles (a la "Eleanor Rigby") and it did at times. I didn't think the electric bass interfered with the cello, but I can understand why someone might say that. I like both the electric bass and cello tones. In several ways, this had a 60's vibe,and partially psychedelic. In some ways, I picked up a 70's vibe also (a bit of Yes at times). Though the audio quality was better than your typical 60's recording. The singing is very good, I did not detect any German accent, if that was your goal. Nice melodies. Very nice! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

far out man! for some reason 'the laughing gnome' by bowie comes to mind, listened to that album a great deal, many years ago...
great composition, needs a bit of mixing imo, just to bring it all together? excellent work!
/S

I enjoyed it.
Good song with a great arrangement.:tu:
And I liked the dry, rough, reverbless mix !
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Thank you all for your feedback.

Also I very much appreciate the suggestions of Saffran (bass + cello-
interference) and Frantz (bass + drum-balance). I will investigate that in
a new version.

Old hippy vibe (Love - Forever Changes), with a nod to similar early style of mixing in stereo, albeit with the addition of some modern production sounds and effects. Lots of sonic variation makes it a really interesting journey, which felt a bit disparate (Even jarring. Some of the elements are perhaps mixed too dry for my taste) on the first play-through, but feels more cohesive from familiarity with each successive play.

Enjoyed it a lot :tu:

Great to hear things that aren't more doof, doof loops.

The song is interesting. Some of the word pronunciation too but not to worry about that.

I too feel that the details often make the whole unravel a bit. Perhaps when mixing you focused too much on each sound instead of the whole Story and therefore making the sounds back that.

:-)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:29 pm Old hippy vibe (Love - Forever Changes), with a nod to similar early style of mixing in stereo, albeit with the addition of some modern production sounds and effects. Lots of sonic variation makes it a really interesting journey, which felt a bit disparate (Even jarring. Some of the elements are perhaps mixed too dry for my taste) on the first play-through, but feels more cohesive from familiarity with each successive play.

Enjoyed it a lot :tu:
el-bo: Thank you for reviewing! :wink:
Yes, I like it very dry, but perhaps I exaggerated a little, mmmh ...

Great song and a good recording overall. I think the bass/drums balance is out, and the bass/cello too. However the tone/sound of the bass itself is great. I reckon you could try pulling it down by 3dB. It might solve both problems at once, and give you a little more headroom on the master bus to play with.

Good work :)

Benedict wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:04 am Great to hear things that aren't more doof, doof loops.

The song is interesting. Some of the word pronunciation too but not to worry about that.

I too feel that the details often make the whole unravel a bit. Perhaps when mixing you focused too much on each sound instead of the whole Story and therefore making the sounds back that.

:-)
Hi Benedict, thank you for your remarks and advices! And yes, you're right, "good
and evil" has some parts which might not necessarily belong together ... I'll have
to consider that.

seismic1 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:54 pm Great song and a good recording overall. I think the bass/drums balance is out, and the bass/cello too. However the tone/sound of the bass itself is great. I reckon you could try pulling it down by 3dB. It might solve both problems at once, and give you a little more headroom on the master bus to play with.

Good work :)
Thank you.

And yeah, the balance between bass + drum + cello is somthing I am unsure
about. In the interim development it has gone into all directions :hihi:
I will try your suggestion! :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”