Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

lotus2035 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:53 pm I'm gonna wait until Cubase 27 to activate mine. Good times ahead, (in about 30 years). :party:
:lol:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Imagine Steinberg goes bust next year. :o

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:00 pm Imagine Steinberg goes bust next year. :o
Or changes their activation policy - activation = time of purchase!

:hihi:

Looks like Cubase 10 is the end of the line for me and Cubase. I'm still using my trusty Openlabs Neko XXL workstation that runs Windows 7 and since the Neko isn't supported anymore, I can't get Windows 10 installed in it. There isn't anything in 10.5 that I feel I gotta have though so it's all good.

WasteLand wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:58 pm
v1o wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:23 pm I'm still very confused about these Cubase updates. If you buy a Cubase 10 to 10.5 update licence and then register it at some point in the future for example when Cubase 11.5 is available. Do you automatically get bumped up to the latest version?
yes, a friend of mine bought years ago cubase 7 pro, and activated it when cubase 9.5 pro was available. the point of activation decides the version you get.
And I did it just this evening - I have a 2nd license, and an activation code from 8.5 to 9.5 I got in one of their sales, and decided to activate it today. eLicenser manager read it as 8.5 -> 9.5, and then when updating the actual 8.5 license it then told me it was making it 10.5. What a wonderful world.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:36 pm ^^^
Can you do this maneuver more than once?
You can't "stack" updates but you can get free grace period updates more than once.
For example, you can't purchase 10.5 to 11 update 5 times at once when it's on sale and then use it to get grace period update every other year.

Googly Smythe wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:05 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:00 pm Imagine Steinberg goes bust next year. :o
Or changes their activation policy - activation = time of purchase!
The same question posed multiple times every time a Cubase update or update sale occurs. I'm (happily) surprised Steinberg hasn't stamped down on this. Esp in light of the questions on this 'loophole' every time.

Btw the other factoid that eventually comes around that some aren't aware of is -- your Cubase license will run older versions of Cubase. Meaning, if you have (as example) Cubase Pro 10, you can install and run Cubase Pro 9.5 or 9 or 8.5 or 8 or... etc. Your license is backwards compatible..

neverbeeninariot wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:01 pm
telecode wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:36 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:08 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm I assume there's a Padshop PRO 2 upgrade coming somewhere...
Never assume... They're dropping the pro version to 'streamline their portfolio'. Mentioned in the KVR news.
what a bunch of scammers. weren't steinberg peddling the padshop pro upgrade for $10 not too long ago. and now they just streamline the pro and non pro into one version? sneaky.
Yep, I feel somewhat pissy over that decision, I bought it when it in that sale...
They duped me out of $7 aud too. Well two can play upgrade pricing shenanigans, Steinberg. :clap:

zoidkirb wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:07 am
neverbeeninariot wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:01 pm
telecode wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:36 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:08 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm I assume there's a Padshop PRO 2 upgrade coming somewhere...
Never assume... They're dropping the pro version to 'streamline their portfolio'. Mentioned in the KVR news.
what a bunch of scammers. weren't steinberg peddling the padshop pro upgrade for $10 not too long ago. and now they just streamline the pro and non pro into one version? sneaky.
agreed. that was an uncool move. I think Steinberg should throw in a free upgrade to full Halion of Grove agent in the 10.5 or something. Hopefully they read this forum.

Yep, I feel somewhat pissy over that decision, I bought it when it in that sale...
They duped me out of $7 aud too. Well two can play upgrade pricing shenanigans, Steinberg. :clap:
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Poor guys. They duped you? Um, this crap has been going on since .........forever! :lol:

Steiny is going to get you, BUY NOW, it will be the best!

Sorry for being so cynical, but it is what it is. Not the first dick move they've made, not the last. Does the software work for you? Then good.

VitaminD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:40 pmI'm not going to argue with you.
Not looking for an argument, I am looking for a solution to your problem.
Windows10 offers flexible scaling options (via a single extra click), I made use of them. Cubase doesn't (yet) accommodate these settings, they freely admit it on their website (to which I linked in earlier correspondence). I would like them to offer more support for this feature. End of story.
The thing is, that feature is a kludge to try and fix older applications that don't support HiDPI scaling. It wouldn't even be on the radar of something like Cubase, which seems to do scaling as well as anything else. It's a hail Mary and if it doesn't work you shouldn't use it. Have you tried doing it the proper way?

It sounds like it's the plugins that are struggling, not Cubase, and they need to have the support built into them. It took Synapse months and months of work to get DUNE working properly on Mac Retina displays, for example. Or do those plugins work OK in other hosts on your system?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:40 am Poor guys. They duped you? Um, this crap has been going on since .........forever! :lol:

Steiny is going to get you, BUY NOW, it will be the best!

Sorry for being so cynical, but it is what it is. Not the first dick move they've made, not the last. Does the software work for you? Then good.
it is what it is? well duh. and yes it is a sneaky move from Steinberg. I was being deliberately facetious in my post as, after all, it's only $7. Sometimes it's the little things that can sway a purchase one way or another though.

The Multi Tap delay is pure genius, could cost way more than the 60 dollar upgrade. Now we can bounce video, better project import, smart tool - it feels snappier too, mabye because they got rid of the gradient coloring on regions?

Logic Space Designer used to be an extra 300 when Logic 6 came out which was 1k. We’re talking such a small amount of money for what you get.

v1o wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:23 pm I'm still very confused about these Cubase updates. If you buy a Cubase 10 to 10.5 update licence and then register it at some point in the future for example when Cubase 11.5 is available. Do you automatically get bumped up to the latest version?
the grace upgrade/update only works ONE TIME..so the update you have 10 to 10.5 in this example will work when lets say 11 or 11.5 comes out...ONLY IF the cubase you own now 10 has never been updated/upgraded by lets say you had cubase8.5 and activated the 8.5 to 9 upgrade /at the time of cubase 10 being the present ver./---you would get 10...and if you purchase now 10 to 10.5 upgrade and activate it when 11 is out..from what steinberg states you won't get 11...only 10.5...as you have already used the grace upgrade when you activated the 8.5to9..

seems to be a waste of time and money to lets say get 10 to 10.5 license on sale for around 30quid...not activate it until 11 comes out...11 comes out ...you activate..and get 10.5...haha...

better to just wait 4 sale on upgrades/updates and get it then. ..if you really not that bothered with new features..or can wait..
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”