VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:12 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:49 am
koalaboy wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:24 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:43 am I own V Collection 6, Pigments and KeyLab 61 MK2, and my upgrade price is still $199 (yesterday it was showing $299!). Ridiculous. Not that I want to upgrade, but I have emailed the sales support team about this.
This does seem wrong as I can see the 99 euro/$ upgrade price and I only have V-Collection 5 and a Beatstep pro (and I doubt the hardware makes a difference).
It was indeed. I just saw again and the price is $99 now. Better, it can be split into up to 4 monthly payments, even with a normal intentional credit card, by adding $5 processing fee, which makes it $104. About $30 for the first month and about $25 for the next 3 months. Not a bad deal. Makes me think if I should grab it. There is also a huge Synthopedia collection included apart from the 3 new instruments.

How does upgrade work? I mean does it replace V Collection 6 making it void? How does reselling the V Collection work, especially in case you own V Collection 6, then bought Pigments at a discount, and then upgraded to V Collection 7? Do I need to sell everything or can I retain only Pigments for example? Good question for their sales support I believe.
Maybe, if you wait a couple of more days, the price sinks to $ 29.
€ 299 - > 199 - > 99 - >?
Just hold your horses, the slope is promising...
:lol: I dearly wish that happened. :pray: I have even asked Arturia if $99 is the cheapest anyone can go. ;)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:09 am
I read in a Facebook post by Arturia that Pigments might not go on sale this time around. Just a heads up. But sure, once you have the V Collection 7, you can get it for $69 (or maybe less?) when it is on sale.
Cheers for the info matey! :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:36 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:43 am I own V Collection 6, Pigments and KeyLab 61 MK2, and my upgrade price is still $199 (yesterday it was showing $299!). Ridiculous. Not that I want to upgrade, but I have emailed the sales support team about this.
This does seem wrong as I can see the 99 euro/$ upgrade price and I only have V-Collection 5 and a Beatstep pro (and I doubt the hardware makes a difference).
It was indeed. I just saw again and the price is $99 now. Better, it can be split into up to 4 monthly payments, even with a normal intentional credit card, by adding $5 processing fee, which makes it $104. About $30 for the first month and about $25 for the next 3 months. Not a bad deal. Makes me think if I should grab it. There is also a huge Synthopedia collection included apart from the 3 new instruments.

How does upgrade work? I mean does it replace V Collection 6 making it void? How does reselling the V Collection work, especially in case you own V Collection 6, then bought Pigments at a discount, and then upgraded to V Collection 7? Do I need to sell everything or can I retain only Pigments for example? Good question for their sales support I believe.
:lol: I dearly wish that happened. :pray: I have even asked Arturia if $99 is the cheapest anyone can go. ;)
its the same deal as last year. its $100 for a lot of vsynths. Quite a lot of products. Totally worth it. If I didn't have v6 already , i would jump on it as i use those old retro synths.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Caine123 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:15 am How is the sound/sampling in mellotron? Are you finding it nice sounding? For 99 bucks for 3 new synths and more sounds it is tempting
It sure is tempting. I think it's a cool VSTi. Have tested the demo a couple of months ago and I like the interface and the lofi sound it adds to your own samples. I've been trying to recreate it with Halion and lofi plugins, but it's not the same experience.

There was one thing I'd like to see improved though and that's the ability to load one sample per key instead of one sample per three keys. Hopefully that's been addressed already or will be soon.

Now i'm a happy oooold customer. 99€ upgrade to VCollection 7. Upgraded yesterday....let's hope Arturia won't play the same trick for VCollection 8 :-P 'cause i don't like to wait for fair upgrade prices :-P :cry: :evil: :clown: :D

afaik it is every year like that, 199euros upgrade sale and BF time it is 99 euros.
Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:17 pm
Caine123 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:15 am How is the sound/sampling in mellotron? Are you finding it nice sounding? For 99 bucks for 3 new synths and more sounds it is tempting
It sure is tempting. I think it's a cool VSTi. Have tested the demo a couple of months ago and I like the interface and the lofi sound it adds to your own samples. I've been trying to recreate it with Halion and lofi plugins, but it's not the same experience.

There was one thing I'd like to see improved though and that's the ability to load one sample per key instead of one sample per three keys. Hopefully that's been addressed already or will be soon.
THX mate!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Robmobius wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:42 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:09 am
I read in a Facebook post by Arturia that Pigments might not go on sale this time around. Just a heads up. But sure, once you have the V Collection 7, you can get it for $69 (or maybe less?) when it is on sale.
Cheers for the info matey! :tu:
You're welcome mate :tu:

telecode wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:44 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:36 am

its the same deal as last year. its $100 for a lot of vsynths. Quite a lot of products. Totally worth it. If I didn't have v6 already , i would jump on it as i use those old retro synths.
Agree. Also, they don't take too much space on hard disk unlike sample libraries. I might just pull the trigger on VC7 upgrade, mainly because I can do it in 4 part payments.
lalo wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:49 pm Now i'm a happy oooold customer. 99€ upgrade to VCollection 7. Upgraded yesterday....let's hope Arturia won't play the same trick for VCollection 8 :-P 'cause i don't like to wait for fair upgrade prices :-P :cry: :evil: :clown: :D
Thinking the same, but I guess there won't be a new V Collection anytime soon. VC6 was released in December 2017 and VC7 was released in April 2019, so I think it will at least take one more year until VC8. If we miss this $99 deal, I guess we might have to wait for at least the summer sale if it happens or next Black Friday. Of course, these are assumptions, but that's all we can do here on forums and try to convince ourselves to upgrade now. :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:49 am I mean does it replace V Collection 6 making it void?
You'll still have V-Collection 6 in your account. I have no idea about selling separately but I wouldn't imagine you can.

koalaboy wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:34 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:49 am I mean does it replace V Collection 6 making it void?
You'll still have V-Collection 6 in your account. I have no idea about selling separately but I wouldn't imagine you can.
Okay. Yes, I think you are right. That won't really make sense for this type of product. So, basically everything that is linked through upgrades would need to be sold together.

FWIW.. its good to still have access to V6 if you have V7. I have found I still use some V1 versions of them. Especially the Jupiter. For some strange reason the V1 of Jup feels and sounds better . I cant explain.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:01 pm FWIW.. its good to still have access to V6 if you have V7. I have found I still use some V1 versions of them. Especially the Jupiter. For some strange reason the V1 of Jup feels and sounds better . I cant explain.
But I don't think there is V1 of Jup-8 in VC6. I have V3 of it. To be honest, I don't really know about the versions of these instruments, because I got familiar with Arturia earlier this year and V Collection 6 was my first encounter with them. So, it really does not make any difference for me. I will just start with the latest available versions of them in VC6/7.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:11 pm
telecode wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:01 pm FWIW.. its good to still have access to V6 if you have V7. I have found I still use some V1 versions of them. Especially the Jupiter. For some strange reason the V1 of Jup feels and sounds better . I cant explain.
But I don't think there is V1 of Jup-8 in VC6. I have V3 of it. To be honest, I don't really know about the versions of these instruments, because I got familiar with Arturia earlier this year and V Collection 6 was my first encounter with them. So, it really does not make any difference for me. I will just start with the latest available versions of them in VC6/7.
Must agree I have an early version of the Arturia v synths and to my ears they sound far better,than V6 which I was disappointed with, Jupiter8,Minimoog,Arp2600,Prophet5 sound weak to me compared to the earlier versions,however the Sem,Buchla,dx7,are good additions

my personal oppinion: pigments is the best, the others are trying to emulate something they cant. maybe the dx7 is almost ok, but i have chosen dexed.

dune_rave wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:16 pm my personal oppinion: pigments is the best, the others are trying to emulate something they cant. maybe the dx7 is almost ok, but i have chosen dexed.
Pigments is awesome indeed. Lots of the 'emulations' are nice synths in their own right. I use them as such. They have nice extra's and personally i don't care if they sound exactly like the originals. They are just fun to play with. Especially the buchla, moog modular, arp modular, dx7, farfisa, and a couple others are truly fun vsti's.

Return to “Instruments”