Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

Maybe the way I read it can help clarify some things.

Padshop 2 obviously can work/run in any host that supports VST. I believe they mean that there is no DIRECT UPGRADE PATH from the Padshop that is included in Cubase. If you upgraded to Padshop Pro, that would be different. So if I bought Cubase Pro on the cheap earlier this year, yet did not upgrade to Padshop Pro (I don't think you can anymore anyway), my only option to get Padshop 2 is to upgrade to Cubase 10.5.

On the other hand, users who purchased Padshop or Padshop Pro separately from Cubase DO have an upgrade path.

And it seems users who have Absolute 4 or Nuendo 10 may already be able to use Padshop 2 without an issue (as I have).

I updated Padshop separately from Cubase but there are no presets. I downloaded the installer and 3 files with .vstsound as extension. How can I import these presets into Padshop? Do I have to copy them somewhere?

Beachboy wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:58 pm I updated Padshop separately from Cubase but there are no presets. I downloaded the installer and 3 files with .vstsound as extension. How can I import these presets into Padshop? Do I have to copy them somewhere?
Your custom user presets from Pad 1?? Or all of them?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Beachboy wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:58 pm I updated Padshop separately from Cubase but there are no presets. I downloaded the installer and 3 files with .vstsound as extension. How can I import these presets into Padshop? Do I have to copy them somewhere?
There should be total 4 .vstsound files. Have all those files together. Then, just open any one of them using Steinberg Library Manager (download for free) and then it will help you to put all of them in the location of your choice (C drive preferable), and then open Padshop. It should be able to find them. Basically, SLM is just doing a simple copy-paste operation for you, but I think it is required for Padshop to be able to find them.

Once done, SLM will also show "Padshop" header under which you will Padshop 2 (403.6 MB) and Padshop Factory Content (334.14 MB).

Still can't see it onb my 4K monitor and I still hate the archaic browser- its like Steinberg haven't updated the look or usability of anything for a decade. How is it a small company like UHE can producer VSTs that look great in high DPI, scale to whatever size suits your screen and have a great browser for tagging everything and Steinberg keep just releasing the same old stuff as if its a major 'update'.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

In the mix nobody hear your screen :borg:

Well, depends on prefeences. New synthesis mode has more market value then just GUI and ease-of-use fixes.

However, I already have more synthesizers I can even try. I was interested in Padshop mostly as it's already proven and usable granular synth, but appeared aging. No more.
200% GUI size should be usable just enough and drag & drop modulation is here, too. It is likely that Steinberg keeps updating the synth with some more fancy features in the future, too.
In the mix nobody hear your screen
I think you are missing the point here. The screen is all about convenience. Better GUI -> faster workflow and less headache. Time is money and life is short.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Calenberger wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:20 pm In the mix nobody hear your screen :borg:
Well, if I can't see it so I can't really program my own sound so it..I will stick with Avenger, lovely granular display, easy to use and as big as I like :party: We are blessed with choice, I choose not to use this (even though I have it and my 'pro' was updated to V2)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:07 pm
There should be total 4 .vstsound files. Have all those files together. Then, just open any one of them using Steinberg Library Manager (download for free) and then it will help you to put all of them in the location of your choice (C drive preferable), and then open Padshop. It should be able to find them. Basically, SLM is just doing a simple copy-paste operation for you, but I think it is required for Padshop to be able to find them.

Once done, SLM will also show "Padshop" header under which you will Padshop 2 (403.6 MB) and Padshop Factory Content (334.14 MB).
Thanks a lot LoveEnigma18, that was very helpful :tu:

Crashes each DAW I own. Mixcraft, Reaper, Waveform. Sh,,,,

DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:28 pm
In the mix nobody hear your screen
Time is money and life is short.
Time is life and my money is short! :scared:

classic wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:33 pm Crashes each DAW I own. Mixcraft, Reaper, Waveform. Sh,,,,
what OS? Works fine in reaper x64 on win10 x64 here

Its the same OS as yours. Just updating Reaper, may be that changes something.
Any time I change a preset, it crashes it, also with the new version.
Same does Retroloug2.
Last edited by classic on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@Beachboy No worries, glad it helped :tu:
classic wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:33 pm Crashes each DAW I own. Mixcraft, Reaper, Waveform. Sh,,,,
Happened in FL Studio too. Turned out some problem related to e-licenser and licensing in general. Perhaps it was not able to properly instantiate itself because of that. There was some issue with the old soft e-licenser on which I had activated it. I asked for a new activation code by calling support team, which they gladly helped me with, and I activated in freshly on a new soft e-licenser. After this, it is working properly.

Just in case it helps you. Oh, and if you have the USB e-licenser, try to do some maintenance and clean-up operations in the e-licenser software.

You should always have the latest eLicenser software installed, that's crucial.

Return to “Instruments”