Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

I have the latest version. Doesen´t work so fare. Can load it up, but crashes the DAW while changing presets.

Sorry guys, I have read the thread and think I am being dense. Have we seen yet whether the Padshop Pro to Padshop 2 'update' works on the 'Padshop Pro Extension' elicenser asset (ie updates it to a standalone Padshop 2)?

The 'Padshop Pro Extension' asset is not standalone - ie it needs the 'base Padshop' licence within the Cubase asset to work.

Many thanks and sorry again if this is answered and I missed it!
Last edited by Jelly on Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've had no luck with Padshop 2 and it's screwed up my Retrologue 2. After a convoluted installation, including updating to latest elicencer, both Padshop 2 and Retrologue 2 won't load in Ableton Live (Synsopos.app issue).

I've checked a bunch of forum threads about this error on Macs and have yet to find a solution. I've had enough of messing around with Steinberg.

Why the hell don't they just use iLok as protection?
The whole eLicenser thing is pretty buggy and complicated.

Jelly wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:41 pm Sorry guys, I have read the thread and think I am being dense. Have we seen yet whether the Padshop Pro to Padshop 2 'update' works on the 'Padshop Pro Extension' elicenser asset (ie updates it to a standalone Padshop 2)?

The 'Padshop Pro Extension' asset is not standalone - ie it needs the 'base Padshop' licence within the Cubase asset to work.

Many thanks and sorry again if this is answered and I missed it!
I'm wondering too.

Calenberger wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:57 pm Why the hell don't they just use iLok as protection?
Any software can be buggy & complicated for some, sometimes. It happens. On the flip side of the coin, I never had one issue with it in years and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Upgrading to Padshop 2 took me 10 minutes, fluid, clean and hassle free.
Last edited by Neon Breath on Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calenberger wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:57 pm Why the hell don't they just use iLok as protection?
Frankly i did not got yet any crashes during use Padshop (v2 nor with Pro before), though used it rarely. But i agree about it would be a much more convenient with software ilok protection, i not very like inserted key into usb for using plugs. (One of reason why i rare back to experiment with stuff at elicenser, though there is pretti interesting units).

Because iLok is a far worse system. ;)
Had no problems upgrading here. Of course I ran the eLicense maintenance before I did it since it's been awhile from the last time I added anything to it. I did have to run the content installer from the library assistant to get the libraries to register though. But runs smoothly in Sonar, Mixbus & Cubase.
I will offer my opinion that dongles and the software to run them should always be an option and not a mandate though. I would greatly love to have a three license system that included the dongle as the third for traveling. Regardless of which one you prefer.
And for me, eLicense has been the far superior experience over anything by PACE/Eden iLok.

BBFG# wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:53 pm
And for me, eLicense has been the far superior experience over anything by PACE/Eden iLok.
That's the best joke today :hihi:

Calenberger wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:57 pm
BBFG# wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:53 pm
That's the best joke today :hihi:
No joke at all, my musical life got exponentially better once I threw that crap off my computers.
iLok was a nightmare.
If you like it, fine. I refuse to ever deal with that company again.
Let's leave it that and get the topic back to Padshop please.

Do I have to buy an upgrade from Padshop Pro when I have Nuendo 10? As Padshop 2 is part of Cubase 10.5, I'm wondering if it's the same story with Nuendo? This whole upgrade confusion is so Steinbergy....

BTW, I love eLicenser and iLok immensely, but overall Codemeter/Wibu takes the cake, their dongle is really next level and rules them all!!! :hihi:

I don't know it for sure, but, it would surprise me if Padshop 2 wouldn't be a part of the next Nuendo version. It seems to have exactly the same instruments as Cubase. https://new.steinberg.net/de/nuendo/compare-editions/

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:34 pm I don't know it for sure, but, it would surprise me if Padshop 2 wouldn't be a part of the next Nuendo version. It seems to have exactly the same instruments as Cubase. https://new.steinberg.net/de/nuendo/compare-editions/
Many thanks, I'm gonna play the waiting game then...

They wouldn't do that. Steinberg bought licenser a few years ago.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

It's all a mess for me. I didn't realize 10.5 was a paid upgrade so I installed it. I then removed all of Cubase installation and installed back 10.0. It works again, but Padshop doesn't work anymore. I have Cubase Pro 10 and Padshop came included. Does anyone know if I pay for the update to Cubase 10.5, will Padshop 2 be a part of it and will Padshop start working again?

I am surprised that the uninstall of Cubase 10.5 and re-install of Cubase 10.0 will not bring back everything as it was. Retrologue 2 works. I jumped into Cubase at their anniversary sale so I am fairly new Steinberg way of doing business.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Return to “Instruments”