Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

Does anyone have the Padshop Pro 2 installer? I can't get SDA to work.

I took a gamble and figured the VST format should work regardless of if it is Win10 or Win7. Steiny historically has rolled new stuff out saying Win10 only and then later add in Win7 compatibility guarantees. I think they usually do it to minimize the number of support requests they get at launch. I have only played with it for 20 minutes or so, but so far it is working fine in Cubase 10 on a Win7 Pro system.

The new engine is intriguing. As someone who likes to create lush backdrops for ambient type tracks, this definitely has a lot of possibilities timberally. Certainly much more interesting than Padshop Pro was, although it was fine. Definitely looking forward to putting some more time in with this instrument. Certainly a good value for a $30 upgrade.
Last edited by BassMasterK on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

Do you all have the Zero Gravity pack show up in your presets? I can't remember if I bought this--or got it free when I bought Padshop Pro. But now, the presets show up, but they don't load and sound files--just the settings. Maybe the Padshop 2 download messed that up for me?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:14 am Do you all have the Zero Gravity pack show up in your presets?
It's show ups and loads presets with samples properly for me. (As i remember i got ZeroGravity for free too, it seems this license was together with padshop pro license)
And need note ZG was already installed on my system, and after synth update (i did uninstall v1\install v2) it show in presets automatically.

I'll check with their support then. Thanks.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:29 am I'll check with their support then. Thanks.
Just as a tip, their online-ticket support is not known for being very efficient nor quick, but someone here in this thread posted something about calling them directly, that they are fast and good to fix. Maybe it would worth the try...

Jelly wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:41 pm Sorry guys, I have read the thread and think I am being dense. Have we seen yet whether the Padshop Pro to Padshop 2 'update' works on the 'Padshop Pro Extension' elicenser asset (ie updates it to a standalone Padshop 2)?

The 'Padshop Pro Extension' asset is not standalone - ie it needs the 'base Padshop' licence within the Cubase asset to work.

Many thanks and sorry again if this is answered and I missed it!
I had padshop pro (since that's the only way to buy it standalone) - update ran fine, at the end I had a padshop2 license (only) on my elicenser

lumcas wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:28 pm overall Codemeter/Wibu takes the cake, their dongle is really next level and rules them all!!! :hihi:
I'll see you your codemeter and raise you a nice big box of old parallel port HASP dongles :-)

Though the codemeter dongle wins for design aesthetics for sure (still got one sitting in our machine room from a package we used to run that needed it)

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:14 am Do you all have the Zero Gravity pack show up in your presets? I can't remember if I bought this--or got it free when I bought Padshop Pro. But now, the presets show up, but they don't load and sound files--just the settings. Maybe the Padshop 2 download messed that up for me?
Zero Gravity (and granular symphonies) were paid expansions back when I got padshop pro (2014).

During the padshop2 install/upgrade I used the library manager to move them to the new location PS2 puts it stuff (they were previously in c:\programdata) and they work fine.

I wonder if you didn't move them in the library manager and that's causing the inability to load the samples - cos I had the exact same issue with original padshop pro when I installed the factory content in one location and the expansion in another - preset would load but wouldn't find the sample content ( fix back then was to tick the 'install for all users' button during the expansion install so everything went to c:\programdata not just the factory library)

Btw did comparison today face to face with mentioned spectral mode in Reason's Grain.
Well, looking ahead, I’ll say that both tools are needed, for different reasons. Although initially I thought that it was better in Reason, but not exactly like that.
There is two knobs which intersects by meaning with "Inharmonicity" knob of Padshop - here it's "Snap" and "Filter" - as well produce some shifting (morfing) of all timbre partials to some pitch stack (but here it is represented graphically):
reas_grain.jpg
Next, i did not found replacement here for Padshop's "Purity" knob (balance between sinusoidal and noise spectrum), Grain does not have this. BUT, The main benefit in Grain spectral engine it's "FFT Size" knob, which i actually assumed as an essential side - and yes, it really gives a powerful variability. This is what is not in Padshop, that sad.
Next, i really did make sure that i liked more how sounds clean spectral reading\scan into Grain (and fft feature plays not a last role in this), but it's better to hear than explain in words.
This is what regards spectral side.
BUT, in other hand, what regards not clean scan, but different spatial\scattering stuff, i think Padshop offers in a some sense more elegant (quick,convenient) methods for this. This seems to me his advantage (what additionally justifies his name).
Something like that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jdnz wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:12 am I had padshop pro (since that's the only way to buy it standalone) - update ran fine, at the end I had a padshop2 license (only) on my elicenser
Good news, many thanks :tu:

Wanting to update but just need to check backwards compatibility as I have created a lot of my own sounds in Padshop - will it still load my Excursions bank for example?

Lots of the same questions being asked, and here are some unofficial answers:

Padshop 2 is backwards compatible. Everything I had in Padshop Pro works fine.

If you buy the Cubase Pro10.5 you get Padshop 2 for free.

The Padshop 2 upgrade only applies to you if you have a Padshop Pro license on your eLicenser. You will have to physically look to see if it is there. Do not uninstall anything if you are doing the upgrade. Simply upgrade. Using Steinberg Download Assistant is most helpful.

In my personal case, I have Nuendo 10 and Absolute VST Collection v4. I was able to install Padshop 2 without purchasing an upgrade and everything works fine. I believe this to be because I have Nuendo 10 but I could be wrong. Waiting for someone else to verify that it works for them.

Just a note re pashop and also Cubase 10.5 upgrade. Check the library locations for each pack. I have all my sound libraries on a secondary drive. I. Oticed updating reinstalled a lot of sound packs in the c drive in Windows.
Nice though the library manager checks duplicates or can si y move and overwrote.
Just a minor point worth checking for some maybe.

ATN69 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:11 am It's all a mess for me. I didn't realize 10.5 was a paid upgrade so I installed it. I then removed all of Cubase installation and installed back 10.0. It works again, but Padshop doesn't work anymore. I have Cubase Pro 10 and Padshop came included. Does anyone know if I pay for the update to Cubase 10.5, will Padshop 2 be a part of it and will Padshop start working again?

I am surprised that the uninstall of Cubase 10.5 and re-install of Cubase 10.0 will not bring back everything as it was. Retrologue 2 works. I jumped into Cubase at their anniversary sale so I am fairly new Steinberg way of doing business.
Something went wrong somewhere. I would start again from scratch using Steinbergs downloads manager to install Padshop again.

Padshop 2 is included as part of the upgrade to 10.5. Cubase has paid annual updates and they run in .5 increments.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”