Zebra 3 feature suggestions

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Woo, i finally bought Zebra2, which I really NEEDED badly on top of Diva, Repro, Hive, Ace and Bazille.

Now I can wait for U-he to release more stuff and maybe make some actual music.

Welcome to the club. We‘ll PM you the secret handshake instructions and the universal access code for our Downing Street club house within the hour.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:11 pm Welcome to the club. We‘ll PM you the secret handshake instructions and the universal access code for our Downing Street club house within the hour.
:party:
it just keeps on giving

I don't know about Ploki's club membership. I don't see Zebra HZ in the list. And frankly, that is a real must have.... :hihi:

:hihi:

:scared:

baby steps. I just spent 1 hour on a single OSC lol

I think I'm gonna be generally hated here for this opinion, but I still think a little sampler would go a long way. Nothing crazy, but I love Zebra for making atmospheric sounds and the ability to mix in a bit of a real world would be awesome. Full on sgranular sampling module would be superb, but I get it. It's not "synthy" enough. :neutral:
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

FarleyCZ wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 am I think I'm gonna be generally hated here for this opinion, but I still think a little sampler would go a long way. Nothing crazy, but I love Zebra for making atmospheric sounds and the ability to mix in a bit of a real world would be awesome. Full on sgranular sampling module would be superb, but I get it. It's not "synthy" enough. :neutral:
Tbh of all the crap it already has in there, a sampler with a granular mode really isn't a stupid idea.
the only concern i have is that soundbanks will become 2GB rompler behemoths...

I do share the preset size concern. But I get that it would be nice for Zebra to be a one-stop solution for every kind of sound.

So why not have a real time granular effect in Zebra FX/Zebrify? Not necessarily the Uhbik-G, but with a focus on time-stretchy/pitch-shifty eerie pad sounds.

There were several calls for a vocoder earlier and together with whichever delay and reverb end up in Zebra and all the modulation and filtering options, that would certainly make for a great addition.

Question is if that’s creating too much overlap with the other products.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

FarleyCZ wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 am I think I'm gonna be generally hated here for this opinion, but I still think a little sampler would go a long way. Nothing crazy, but I love Zebra for making atmospheric sounds and the ability to mix in a bit of a real world would be awesome. Full on sgranular sampling module would be superb, but I get it. It's not "synthy" enough. :neutral:
That's what I was saying too, but I get that Urs wants to keep things purely synthesized. For what it's worth, you're able to get very organic results out of Zebra2 as-is. I can only imagine this would be even more so in Zebra3.

Shiek927 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:11 pm For what it's worth, you're able to get very organic results out of Zebra2 as-is.
Oh definitelly. There's jsut this one or two types of atmospheres that I need to go out of Zebra to be able to do. Yes, samplebanks might get bigger, but who cares if they're good. :)
Evovled into noctucat...

FarleyCZ wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:07 pm
Shiek927 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:11 pm For what it's worth, you're able to get very organic results out of Zebra2 as-is.
Oh definitelly. There's jsut this one or two types of atmospheres that I need to go out of Zebra to be able to do. Yes, samplebanks might get bigger, but who cares if they're good. :)
What exactly are they? let's see if some of the better sound-designers around here can't help you :D

Shiek927 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:25 am
FarleyCZ wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:07 pm
What exactly are they? let's see if some of the better sound-designers around here can't help you :D
It's kinda OT here, but yeah, granular sounds and sounds that work with real ambiences. If I feel like making voice-like pad that has a layer of city field recording in it, i need to layer Zebra with something else or go completely out of it.
Evovled into noctucat...

I wonder if you could build granular synthesis into z3 without needing .wav files. Like a granular effect or a granular Osc FX where it’s taking the base sound, breaking it up into grains, contains the typical features of a granular Osc, but without using samples.

One thing that I'd love for Zebra to have is to pull some ideas from Hive with regards to speed and workflow. The mod-matrix and how you can use the highlighter is a great idea I'd love to also see. I love love how different parts of the synth like the osc's, filter's, and LFO's all have drop-down menu's with different presets that you can select. I love how you can do that and I'd love to see that make it's way into Z3!

I do understand and agree however that I'd love to see some granular-like implementation into Z3, whether or not there are samples.

Return to “u-he”