DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

User avatar
JHernandez
KVRian
590 posts since 7 Dec, 2017

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:02 am

carlca wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:14 am
JHernandez wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 pm
I don't use any moss scripts and I have the grey screen as well, both on OS X El Capitan and macOS High Sierra. I think we'll likely see a fix for it soon.
My point was that BWS 3.1 comes supplied with a Moss script embedded within the application itself . . .
Ah, if that’s the case, I had no idea. My bad.
-JH

carlca
KVRist
122 posts since 17 Jan, 2005 from London

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:08 am

JHernandez wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:02 am
carlca wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:14 am
JHernandez wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 pm
I don't use any moss scripts and I have the grey screen as well, both on OS X El Capitan and macOS High Sierra. I think we'll likely see a fix for it soon.
My point was that BWS 3.1 comes supplied with a Moss script embedded within the application itself . . .
Ah, if that’s the case, I had no idea. My bad.
If you look at the 3.1 app in Finder, select "Show Package Contents" and then look at `/Applications/Bitwig Studio 3.1b1.app/Contents/Resources/Extensions`, you'll see the Moss extension. Jürgen posted yesterday that he would be finishing the new version of the extension this weekend, so I don't know if Bitwig has jumped the gun and included a beta version of the extension.

User avatar
JHernandez
KVRian
590 posts since 7 Dec, 2017

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:24 am

carlca wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:08 am
JHernandez wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:02 am
carlca wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:14 am
JHernandez wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 pm
I don't use any moss scripts and I have the grey screen as well, both on OS X El Capitan and macOS High Sierra. I think we'll likely see a fix for it soon.
My point was that BWS 3.1 comes supplied with a Moss script embedded within the application itself . . .
Ah, if that’s the case, I had no idea. My bad.
If you look at the 3.1 app in Finder, select "Show Package Contents" and then look at `/Applications/Bitwig Studio 3.1b1.app/Contents/Resources/Extensions`, you'll see the Moss extension. Jürgen posted yesterday that he would be finishing the new version of the extension this weekend, so I don't know if Bitwig has jumped the gun and included a beta version of the extension.
I trashed the beta, I won’t be working in it anyways. One user wrote that he can’t open any of his projects now. Look at M-Prod’s post here: viewtopic.php?f=259&t=534662&start=45

Ouch

I believe you though.
-JH

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1786 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:52 am

DrivenByMoss 7.60 is online!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Support for Novation Launchpad X
  • Support for Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3
Watch: https://youtu.be/O1r8zePOmos

Enjoy!

aon
KVRist
46 posts since 25 Dec, 2006

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:20 pm

Hi,

Bitwig 3.1: "Controller API: added Arpeggiator/Note-repeat functionality to NoteInput class"
Does that mean it will finally be possible to use note-repeat with Push in Bitwig?

Thanks a lot for your work!

/Andreas

xx JPRacer xx
KVRAF
2025 posts since 25 Jun, 2008 from Montreal, Canada

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:17 pm

:hail: :)

edit: On the Launchpad X when I use the Duplicate button (Shift(Capture Midi)+5th button from the top, left side), nothing happens. Can't duplicate clips.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1786 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:26 am

aon wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:20 pm
Hi,

Bitwig 3.1: "Controller API: added Arpeggiator/Note-repeat functionality to NoteInput class"
Does that mean it will finally be possible to use note-repeat with Push in Bitwig?

Thanks a lot for your work!

/Andreas
Yes, that is exactly what it means :-)

I already implemented that but there are a lot of other changes in the API, which require a lot of work to support. So it might take a bit of time for me to finish all that.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1786 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:30 am

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:17 pm
:hail: :)

edit: On the Launchpad X when I use the Duplicate button (Shift(Capture Midi)+5th button from the top, left side), nothing happens. Can't duplicate clips.
Thanks for reporting. This button is intended to be used in combination with pressing a clip pad, but that does only work on the Pro model. Will need to change this for the other models.

killmaster
KVRian
1155 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:03 am

moss wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:52 am
DrivenByMoss 7.60 is online!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Support for Novation Launchpad X
  • Support for Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3
Watch: https://youtu.be/O1r8zePOmos

Enjoy!
for me, 7.60 links to version 7.50

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1786 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:10 am

killmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:03 am
moss wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:52 am
DrivenByMoss 7.60 is online!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Support for Novation Launchpad X
  • Support for Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3
Watch: https://youtu.be/O1r8zePOmos

Enjoy!
for me, 7.60 links to version 7.50
Try reloading the page.

killmaster
KVRian
1155 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:05 am

moss wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:10 am
killmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:03 am
moss wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:52 am
DrivenByMoss 7.60 is online!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Support for Novation Launchpad X
  • Support for Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3
Watch: https://youtu.be/O1r8zePOmos

Enjoy!
for me, 7.60 links to version 7.50
Try reloading the page.
Yes, thanks. I did before posting. The link it self says 7.60 but the file it downloads says 7.50. I updated to Catalina. Wondering if its something to do with that...

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1786 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:08 am

killmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:05 am
moss wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:10 am
killmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:03 am
moss wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:52 am
DrivenByMoss 7.60 is online!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Support for Novation Launchpad X
  • Support for Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3
Watch: https://youtu.be/O1r8zePOmos

Enjoy!
for me, 7.60 links to version 7.50
Try reloading the page.
Yes, thanks. I did before posting. The link it self says 7.60 but the file it downloads says 7.50. I updated to Catalina. Wondering if its something to do with that...
Checked again and the link is correct. You can try the direct download:
http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitw ... Bitwig.zip

Hope this helps.

killmaster
KVRian
1155 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:12 am

moss wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:08 am
killmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:05 am
moss wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:10 am
killmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:03 am
moss wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:52 am
DrivenByMoss 7.60 is online!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Support for Novation Launchpad X
  • Support for Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3
Watch: https://youtu.be/O1r8zePOmos

Enjoy!
for me, 7.60 links to version 7.50
Try reloading the page.
Yes, thanks. I did before posting. The link it self says 7.60 but the file it downloads says 7.50. I updated to Catalina. Wondering if its something to do with that...
Checked again and the link is correct. You can try the direct download:
http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitw ... Bitwig.zip

Hope this helps.
Thank you! Got it now!

carlca
KVRist
122 posts since 17 Jan, 2005 from London

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:26 pm

Interesting! Bitwig 3.1 beta 1 apparently has a copy of `DrivenByMoss.bwextension` embedded with the application at `/Applications/Bitwig Studio.app/Contents/Resources/Extensions`. I've also downloaded the extension from Jürgen's website for use with Bitwig 3.0.3, since I cannot get 3.1 to work at the moment because of a Graphics related bug. The two extension files are roughly the same size, 4.37 MB for the downloaded one and 4.41 MB for the 3.1 embedded version. A file comparison operation, not surprisingly, reveals the contents to be quite different.

Jürgen, can you tell us what is going on with the 3.1 beta? Is it supposed to have a copy of the DrivenByMoss extension, or is that a mishap by Bitwig in including an embedded and different version?

xx JPRacer xx
KVRAF
2025 posts since 25 Jun, 2008 from Montreal, Canada

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:43 pm

This is the error I get with Bitwig 3.1 beta 1 with a Launchpad X when using the step sequencer with a Drum Machine drum container. Record and playback are working fine but as soon as I press a pad in the sequencer section I get the error.
Screenshot (3).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Controller Scripting”