Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:56 pm ..I would also get use from the Solina, VOX, Farfisa and maybe Buchla.
For the kind of music I do, the Buchla I have to be one of the more useful and better sounding ones. Highly recommend exploring it if you are into the sounds.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:56 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:28 am For those who never even saw the original synthesizers, myself included, this is an excellent collection of instruments. Especially because there is no base to compare them against. For me, the V Collection instruments sound awesome, that's it.
Once you get to know alternatives, you may realize that some in the ARturia collection are good and some not so much. I had the V collection back at V2 I think. At the time I liked the miniV and the prophet etc. But now I don't care for them at all. I never thought I'd buy Arturia stuff again because of how much better I think the alternatives are. If you compare to The Legend as a Mini, or Repro as a prophet, they are so much better. Or the Roland Jupiter, Diva, OP-X-Pro and others. However I just bought back in since the low price was worth it for the new Digital synths they've been making like Synclavier, Fairlight, DX7, and I did enjoy the Prophet-VS (even though I don't think it quite has the bite of the original). Also happy to have the piano for times when I would use a lot of effects or the piano isn't too prominent and don't need to have a bunch of samples loaded. I would also get use from the Solina, VOX, Farfisa and maybe Buchla. Considering how many of the instruments I don't lke at all, that's a heck of a lot of stuff right there. The electric pianos imo are terrible. Compare them to the Keyscape or other EPs and it's night and day. I probably won't even install them.

Did I hear once that someone who was putting out Physically modeled organs that were highly praised went to work for Arturia and those models became the Arturia ones? The B3 sounded bad to me compared to the NI ones, but maybe the V2 fixes that. Or maybe that person only worked on the VOX and farfisa, not sure.
Thanks for sharing your opinion and experience. :) The thing with Arturia is that for the price you pay, you get a great quality of instruments at your finger tips. Also, the license transfer policy, which is a good thing to consider, is better and simple compared to many other companies.

Sure, there would be some better alternatives out there, but it's OK to not have the bestest emulation/modeled instrument. I am not hugely experienced, neither a pro musician, but these days technology has reached a point where a few things here and there won't really make much of a difference in the final music. Listener is not really going to know what was used for that sound. :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:13 pm Sure, there would be some better alternatives out there, but it's OK to not have the bestest emulation/modeled instrument. I am not hugely experienced, neither a pro musician, but these days technology has reached a point where a few things here and there won't really make much of a difference in the final music. Listener is not really going to know what was used for that sound. :)
It's true. It's less about need and more about inspiration. You can make great music with just free plugins now. But certain things just make you want to play music more. And while the listener of a track may not hear a difference between the Arturia Prophet being played in a track and Repro for example, I am far more inspired playing with and creating sounds with Repro as it just feels and sounds so much more like analog hardware, in that it has much more punch and body. Just one example. But when I hear a thinner boring version, it doesn't inspire me. But of course before knowing that difference it doesn't matter. :)

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:31 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:13 pm Sure, there would be some better alternatives out there, but it's OK to not have the bestest emulation/modeled instrument. I am not hugely experienced, neither a pro musician, but these days technology has reached a point where a few things here and there won't really make much of a difference in the final music. Listener is not really going to know what was used for that sound. :)
It's true. It's less about need and more about inspiration. You can make great music with just free plugins now. But certain things just make you want to play music more. And while the listener of a track may not hear a difference between the Arturia Prophet being played in a track and Repro for example, I am far more inspired playing with and creating sounds with Repro as it just feels and sounds so much more like analog hardware, in that it has much more punch and body. Just one example. But when I hear a thinner boring version, it doesn't inspire me. But of course before knowing that difference it doesn't matter. :)
Yeah, exactly. Agree with your points. In contradiction, Repro was not my cup of cake, so let it go. On the other hand, I prefer Diva. Just a matter of preference with the respect to the sounds you like to hear. :)

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:56 pm Did I hear once that someone who was putting out Physically modeled organs that were highly praised went to work for Arturia and those models became the Arturia ones? The B3 sounded bad to me compared to the NI ones, but maybe the V2 fixes that. Or maybe that person only worked on the VOX and farfisa, not sure.
Check the manuals for the credits. Farfisa V, Vox Continental V and Solina V were made by Martinic (or under their lead). I mainly bought V Collection 5 a couple of months ago for these. :tu:

Not sure how much Martinic was involved with the B3 V though. 'Special thanks'? :-?

And their free pre-Arturia Combo-F and Combo-V are very nice too as are their current Elka Panther and free Kee Bass. Cool stuff! 8)

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:56 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:56 pm Did I hear once that someone who was putting out Physically modeled organs that were highly praised went to work for Arturia and those models became the Arturia ones? The B3 sounded bad to me compared to the NI ones, but maybe the V2 fixes that. Or maybe that person only worked on the VOX and farfisa, not sure.
Check the manuals for the credits. Farfisa V, Vox Continental V and Solina V were made by Martinic (or under their lead). I mainly bought V Collection 5 a couple of months ago for these. :tu:

Not sure how much Martinic was involved with the B3 V though. 'Special thanks'? :-?

And their free pre-Arturia Combo-F and Combo-V are very nice too as are their current Elka Panther and free Kee Bass. Cool stuff! 8)
Ah yes that's what i was thinking of. So the Combo V and F basically became the Arturia VOX and Farfisa, is that right? At least in terms of the basic engine (not effects and so on).

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:06 pm Ah yes that's what i was thinking of. So the Combo V and F basically became the Arturia VOX and Farfisa, is that right? At least in terms of the basic engine (not effects and so on).
That's what I read in the Elka Panther topic. I made the demo Elka Panther meets Kee Bass for them, but did not discuss their involvement with the V collection. :)

I'm not really all that into the older Arturia synths. I think they have been showing their age for a few years now.

However, their newer stuff is very high quality and that's what made me go for the bundle in the end.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

christian f. wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:32 am
Ohlson_M wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:21 am I am thinking about finally upgrading my VC4 to VC7 for the current offer of 99 USD. Would I be mad for not doing it?
I just did exactly this upgrade. NO BRAINER !
The new additions are all more interesting than most of the synths in V4 at the price of less than $20 per synth. :tu:
Yeah, I don’t need more than half of the new additions but still worth the upgrade. Especially since the not so intuitive browser system in v4 is gone in later versions, making every synth easier to use.

The only downside to upgrading is that these large bundles tend to make it harder for me to be productive. More options = decision paralysis. It’s so easy to get overwhelmed. But ofc, it’s not Arturia’s fault :)

But yeah, what you get for upgrading atm, in terms of vale for money, is very very difficult to resist.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:40 pm
Yeah, exactly. Agree with your points. In contradiction, Repro was not my cup of cake, so let it go. On the other hand, I prefer Diva. Just a matter of preference with the respect to the sounds you like to hear. :)
I enjoy both Repro and the Arturia version. The Prophet V has a silkier, glassier quality (maybe "thinner"?) that makes it easier to fit in a mix, and it's perfect for background strings/pads etc. where as Repro tends to be more "in your face". Of course you can program patches in Repro that are closer the Prophet V, and there's always EQ, but when you have both, why not use them? Also, you get the Prophet VS with Arturia's version, which really broadens the sonic palette.

Finally upgraded from v4 to v7.

For 99 USD, I knew that not even a GAS (gear acquistion syndrome)-clinic would stop me.

Ohlson_M wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:30 pm Finally upgraded from v4 to v7.

For 99 USD, I knew that not even a GAS (gear acquistion syndrome)-clinic would stop me.
Same here! Now i have found the freedom not to update before v10 arrive.. :lol:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:45 pm

Until V8 goes on sale for $99 next year. ;)

AdvancedFollower wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:47 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:40 pm
I enjoy both Repro and the Arturia version. The Prophet V has a silkier, glassier quality (maybe "thinner"?) that makes it easier to fit in a mix, and it's perfect for background strings/pads etc. where as Repro tends to be more "in your face". Of course you can program patches in Repro that are closer the Prophet V, and there's always EQ, but when you have both, why not use them? Also, you get the Prophet VS with Arturia's version, which really broadens the sonic palette.
Yeah, but Repro seemed a bit too advanced for me I guess. No doubt that Repro sounds phenomenal, but I wish I could justify keeping it. Recently got UVI PX P10, which sounds amazing. Should pair it with Prophet V and check how they sound together.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:52 pm
mladi wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:45 pm

Until V8 goes on sale for $99 next year. ;)
I resist to upgrade to v5 and v6 so i'm somehow exercised (hopefully).. :cry:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Instruments”