Xils-Lab miniSyn'X [A new happy user : Mr Jean-Michel Jarre ]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
miniSyn'X

On the newsletter is mentioned : "Offer valid until August 21st".

By the way, I highly recommend to subscribe Xils-Lab's newsletter, even for those who are not yet customers. Not only it announces events when they happen, but it also gives often infos, changelogs, links to demos, some developments running for next updates, etc.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

True : the last newsletter indicates the new date end of the intro price offer for v2.5 : August 23rd :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAwpbtMHkjY
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Great sounds!
great synth

2 questions...

Do the Syn'X Bag A & B packs work with MiniSyn'X ?
Will there ever be a 130%-150% sized skin? the small is a tad too small, and the large is fookin massive.

cheers :)

sqigls wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:22 pm Do the Syn'X Bag A & B packs work with MiniSyn'X ?
No. Only with Syn'X.

As far as I know, only Radiate (from Homegrown Sounds) is compatible with miniSyn'X at this day.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:19 pm
sqigls wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:22 pm Do the Syn'X Bag A & B packs work with MiniSyn'X ?
No. Only with Syn'X.

As far as I know, only Radiate (from Homegrown Sounds) is compatible with miniSyn'X at this day.
Like BlackWinny said, the Syn'X bags add-on soundbanks are only compatible with the Syn'X, not the miniSyn'X.

A Syn'X preset can have up to 8 different layers (so up to 8 filters, 32 complex EVs, 32 LFOs including unique ones, etc) when the MiniSyn'X is 'only' a Synthex, augmented with all the advantages of modern technology. Syn'X also has more effects, compared to the MiniSyn'X. And Syn'X v2.5, wich is currently in the last testing phase, will offer even more.

So this explains why a Syn'X preset can't be 'reduced' to a MiniSyn'X preset : A lot of information could be lost, the preset could suffer from major changes and sound very different, and, in the worst case, you would not get any sound at all.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

FYI - You can, however, always do the reveerse. E.g play Minisyn'X presets in Syn'X :-)

the effects would be tempting to have, Xils are high quality no doubt, but I'm more than happy with the mini version for now... i'm sure i'll upgrade one day though. It's possibly the best sounding analog modelled soft synth so far, i'm just so in love with the raw sound. The envelopes are really special in my opinion. and the acid basslines are better than any 303 :P i could listen to it all day, really.

PLEASE Xils make a 130% or 150% sized skin for MiniSyn'X!

the v2.5.1 mac download link is broken...
The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist.

sqigls wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:51 am the v2.5.1 mac download link is broken...
The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist.
I just sent an alert to Xavier.
:wink:

BlackWinny wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:12 pm
sqigls wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:51 am the v2.5.1 mac download link is broken...
I just sent an alert to Xavier.
:wink:
Xavier just fixed the issue with the link to the OSX 2.5.1 version.
:tu:
Direct way to the download page : https://www.xils-lab.com/products/minis ... nload.html

Note: this 2.5.1 version is essentially made to fix problems on ProTools.

Return to “Instruments”